iRacing 360Hz FFB with Simucube 2

Allegedly coming . . .
:wink:

1 Like

No kidding, “still waiting” meme worthy feature.

Without, that is the reason for the higher sample rate. High freq will be still edgy, so 180Hz will still get 5 sample point’s and will look like this. But low freq’s will be smooth. Mika already said that they will update their Reconstruction filter.

Right, 4 (FOUR) years ago. :wink:

No, he wrote that mid august in this post. It is also plausible, because they will wait for iR to get the new signal.

I think they will constantly update their filters to fit them to new standarts, if it is needed. These updates won’t visible for everyone everytime, but there were,are and will be updates. The Reconstruction filter is basicly a filter just for iR(thanks to its 30Hz signal) and therefor GD will wait until they get hands on the new 180Hz signal.

It is pretty hard to tell the difference/upgrade in a upsampling filter, unless it was totally BS from the beginning. But from my view and some simple tests 3 years ago in iR it worked pretty well. Don’t know, but there will be a reason why they wait for publishing it. Anyway interessting theme.

Hope I get that right, that the Reconstruction filter is a upsampling filter. The lines in the manuel atleast sound like that.

It’s 60hz, not 30.
This post has two links within with relevant info on recon.

Could you explain me why and how you use peaking and notch filters?
Why the center frequency is limited to 409.5 Hz, and it’s the center frequency of what? Range?
Attenuation is infinite or maximum -24.5dB. Is one for peak and one for notch? Why dB?
Quality factor: is the higher the more narrow the range the settings will be applied to?
Q Factor is limited to 25.5. Why?

Olli Pahkola, a Finnish E- sport racer uses it in a lot of his profiles. I just would like to learn about it.

It is 30Hz Signal with a 60Hz Sample Rate.

The green one is the 180Hz at a 360Hz sample rate.

But sadly iRacing Guys still run with this signal… :frowning_face:

But this will come to an end!

Its a 60 Hz update rate signal that has correct presentation of up to 30 Hz, and all frequencies above that are aliased on top of it. Calling it a 30 Hz signal as such is a bit misleading.

at Mika
Jep, I thought the same that my sentence was misleading.

First get a free download of the Carma Software.

My Torque Bandwidht Limiter option’s are 100Hz,150Hz,220Hz or 330Hz
For iRacing this got no effect… but rF2 benefit of this EQ settings. If you begin with this EQ-Stuff, you should start with the Torque BAndwidht Filter.

For the Peak and Notch Filter do not go below 10Hz. You can really break your FFB-Signal. Most of the Oversteer-FFB-Signals are far below 10Hz.

FFT 2 and 3 shows the freq of over and understeering signals. FFT 1 is the Freq of my steering signal.
Just try a bit.
Q Factor is limited to 25.5. Why?
Don’t know…but an EQ with a Q-Factor of 25,5 is a very sharp one. I usually use low ones…0,3 0,5 like this. I uploaded some setups here in the rFactor2 topic. This is how I use the EQ.
Why dB? It is commonly used for Music and Signal Stuff. It shows the amount of energy a freq got.

3 Likes

Thanks!!! Already thought you won’t have time or desire to help…
I got interested in the settings after reading and hearing about it from Olli Pahkala on the Facebook site of Simucube. Unfortunately he doesn’t go into details.

1 Like

Jesus…I sure will have a problem to understand this in German. In English…:hole:

Is this 360hz ffb update also planned for simucube 1?

Simucube 1 is at end of life and there is no active development planned for it.

Hi @Mika , any progress from iRacing since David’s latest posts?
Still very much looking forward to this!
Thanks for pushing!

1 Like

We have done some iterations of code; integrating our code to a larger app revealed some unexpected things that we’ve had to find and fix. But everything should be getting closer to being ready.

Great to hear!
Any timeline estimates yet?

no, not until we can get to actual testing, which should be very soon.

3 Likes

“Its a 60 Hz update rate signal that has correct presentation of up to 30 Hz, and all frequencies above that are aliased on top of it. Calling it a 30 Hz signal as such is a bit misleading.”

I’ve been staring at this comment on and off since it was posted.

Are we really saying that iRacing’s ffb can only be said to be correct at 30hz?

That would explain a lot…

If a signal has a frequency of X and that signal must be able to be accurately reconstructed, then the sampling rate must be 2*X.

But FFB is not such thing as an ideal signal. A wheel base is not attempting to accurately reconstruct a given frequency from the few samples.

1 Like