Purpose of this post is to shed light on what’s going on in IONI firmware development.
- Finalize BiSS encoder support
- Add SSI encoder support as well
- Direct support for AustriaMicrosystems (ams) SSI encoders and RLS BiSS & SSI encoders. Both make nice low cost magnetic rotary and linear encoders.
- Automatic foolproof configuration of Hall sensors - if such sensor is wired, no longer need for motor phase search procedure (the swinging of motor shaft)
- Enhancements to buffered motion stream usage: reduce number of Simplemotion commands to transmit to fill buffer -> reduced buffer latency
- Full-featured absolute encoder utilization (eliminate need for homing & phasing & hall sensors)
- Auto-tuning of all motor parameters
If you got an idea or comment regarding IONI features, go ahead and post it below