Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals, USB to D15 connector

I think this would be something you would need to measure with a multimeter and a separate power supply when you first build the load cell amp setup.

I am still on order parts step :slight_smile:
Anywayif I exceed the current limit, is it possible to use external 5v power ?

Of course it is possible, but I think you’ll end up with a wiring mess that is best avoided by just using USB.

It’s part of the fun :slight_smile:
And I dont like the original pedal controller, i think it’s 4ms report rate, not that it matters too much.

Finally found time to assemble the SC2 “convertor” for my Heusinkveld ultimates.
3 Leo Bodnar loadcell amplifiers, utp shielded cable. Not the best looking job, but it works :slight_smile:
Next is ACC tests and fine tuning of the brake.

4 Likes

What actual benefit do you expect from this DIY job and can you (maybe later) report if that was achieved?

Main purpose was to get better poll rate and lowest possible lag and better resolution. Heusinkveld controller is 250hz and 12bit as far as I know. Now with the conversion, I have not checked, but it should be as fast as the sc2 poll rate (up to 1000hz) and 16 bit.
With the original controller, I had good, but not great consisency in braking, some times I just miss my brake markers. Now with the conversation I made a couple of sessions in ACC, and may be I am imagining it, but I feel more consistent, and even may move my brake points a bit further now.
Something else, I cannot explain why. With original controller pedal inputs were more kind of on/off, now they are more natural (analog).
Generally the difference is not so huge like black and white, but definitely with the conversation it’s better.
I have only made a couple of sessions and it may be just “placebo” effect. I dont have any exact measurements and telemetry data to proove it.

Secondary purpose was to be able my pc to go to sleep/screen off when idle. It’s not really related to hardware, but to the behaviour of windows. When any game controller is plugged in, windows will not go screen off or sleep. And after racing, besides turning off the wheel, I also had to unplug the pedal controller (or just disable it in device manager). Now it’s enough just to turn off the base.

Do you have a build schematic you can post?

here is attached my wirings

1 Like

Thank you, thank you. :grinning:

i bought three Load cell Amp from Bodnar to try to connect the Ultimate pedals to my Simicube 2 ultimate.
@edhunter do you have news?

Thomas

What news? I dont understand.

i’m sorry for my english, do you find difference with simucube connection?

Thomas

Check few posts before yours, I already described my impressions after the conversion.

1 Like