Generic how to queston when the wheel overshoots center

Hi, if I’m in a game and force feedback centering of the wheel seems to shoot WAY past the center position, what sliders in truedrive should I look to adjust?

The game I’m having trouble with is wreckfest for what it’s worth.

• JackSC

Take a look at this thread, im willing to help but im wrecking with the old FFB forces, using Direct Input effects.

1 Like

Thanks Alfye20!

These are the basic filters:

Friction - more ELECTRONIC weight to the wheel, will slow the wheel at a more rapid pace after the signal.

Inertia - resistance over rotation through applying a signal if the rotation is in the direction that the system does not intent … IE over center.

Skew - Slows the initial reaction of the wheel, slowing acceleration which can help in controlling the end point timing.

And Damping - Adds resistance as the wheel slows to a specified point…

It will take a combination of these to get it working properly but for overshooting generally Damping, Inertia, and Friction are the Keys and Damping and Inertia work closely together.

Please stop using this confusing word.

It is slew rare limiter.

Spell Check has other Idea at times… That is Unintentional… Not sure that has happened before

Slew rare limiter? haha

Spell correct got you too Mika!

Damn auto correct :rofl:

Bit I’ve seen the skew being used by Brion several times on iRacing forums…

Skew is a word and means signal distortion and quitar players would be very familiar with it…

I couldn’t resist to mess with you. :wink:

Yeah I hate spell correct!
I wish it could be turned off completely or at least have it change what is typed before you hit send/reply.

Faults from you are exetremely rare, that’s why I rate your post​:star::star::star::star::star:! Would give you more stars but they are limited to max 5​:four_leaf_clover: so the slew of stars is equivalent to the slew rate…I think that’s all for know​:blush:

When an engineer try to explain something to a simdriver, the simdrivers reaction normally is
:teddy_bear::nauseated_face::exploding_head::neutral_face::face_with_monocle::eyes::brain::tumbler_glass::smoking::smoking::tumbler_glass::racing_car::racing_car::racing_car::racing_car::racing_car: