Forza Motorsport (8) and Simucube 2

I also suspect it has something to do with borderless, non exclusive full screen mode DX12 app must run when using HDR (DXGI).
Do you have HDR turned on for your display?

EDIT: Tried without HDR, same issue, as soon as I move the mouse, wheel control turns off.

I have no HDR display and did nothing fancy. :thinking::thinking:

Been messing with settings for the last few days watching many setting videos. I think Iā€™ve set it as good as possible for now. There is an understeer effect where you lose force in this game when at the limit. Hopefully in the future there is an option to turn it off. Iā€™ve published my settings under ā€œForza Motorsport Brad Setupā€. Check it out. Feels smooth but not super floaty.

Forza In-game settings:
Assists

• Steering : Simulation
  • Traction Control: Off
  • Stability Control: Off

Advanced Options

• VIBRATION SCALE : 0
  • FORCE FEEDBACK SCALE : 70
  • STEERING SELF ALIGNMENT : 90
  • MECHANICAL TRAIL SCALE : 130
  • PNEUMATIC TRAIL SCALE : 80
  • ROAD FEEL SCALE : 90
  • LOAD SENSITIVITY 70
  • WHEEL DAMPER SCALE : 10
  • CENTER SPRING SCALE : 0
  • DYNAMIC DAMPER BEHAVIOR 0
  • STEERING SENSITIVITY : 50
  • STEERING LINEARITY : 50
  • invert ffb ON
  • Gamepad filters OFF
1 Like

forza doesnā€™t like my hardware setup. I can either use the wheel or the pedals. or the shiftersā€¦ just not at the same time. I will try with controller. itā€™s an arcade racer anyway.

Dude, you just canā€™t carry ā€œSimracingā€ in your name and then announce to unpack your controller from the back corner of a drawer. Honestly, not cool. Not cool at all imhoā€¦

Go tell Turn 10. They screwed up. not me lol

You must have a very special setup then if FM cannot map your devices using native DirectInput interface or may be some other issue.
I have nothing exotic, SC2, HE Handbrake, Simtrecs pedals, Fanatec SQ shifter, Ascher wheel, and all mapped just fine on the very first try.
You just need to save your input mapping as profile and on game restart select it from Input tab as in current state FM does not remember it as a default, issue hopefully fixable down the road.

And arcade, simcade or whatever other things you can call it, itā€™s all relative, FFB feels good and driving physics is believable, so itā€™s not your old typical Forza.

1 Like

I had the same but after fiddling around a bit my wheel and pedals were recognized. :thinking:

But to be honest. I play with xbox controller now :rofl:

As soon as I map a second device the steering becomes ā€œunknown deviceā€. And tbh this game is not worth the setup time. so many better sims out thereā€¦

1 Like

May be, but how could you tell if you cannot even try it with the wheel?

1 Like

Thanks to this thread able to get FFB to a 7/10 (decent enough to start with) on my OSW Simucube 1. Overall first impressions are just ok. Even taking game at face value, Iā€™m not sure itā€™s something Iā€™ll keep installed (playing via Gamepass, free month thanks to Doritos).

Hello Andrew,

The problem with this title is always the same and is completely expected considering that turn10 is a mediocre development team.
in 22 years of ridicolous claimsā€¦ the game is always the same trashā€¦
blurry graphics without any class, inconsistent models and terrible vehicle handling because a terrible and exaggerated slip angle.

i run it with a 4090, 4k ULTRA with RT+occlusion on ultra. seems a Project cars1.

Anyway, the game is developed to work with a mediocre joypad.

i found that dynamic damper have to set to 0
mechanical trial to 20 ( this settings have the most effects but if you rise it the damn slip angle become impossible to bear ),

you can find my settings for true drive online.

itā€™s a microsoft title. is what it is.

I was able to work around blurriness by using DLAA and NVidia sharpening, of course any dynamic resolution or Auto param is a big No.
Looks quite good especially in a clear weather, itā€™s just inconsistent, some tracks are sharp and high res textures, some look like still WIP. Hopefully things will be sorted out down the road.
And with 4090 you can just use DLDSR, that should make is crispy sharp.

Driving is okay, with Simulation steering, damper and spring at 0 and Mechanical Trail Scale at 120, pretty decent, better than R3E, and more sensible than AMS2.

Ermin posted some decent FFB guide

And surprisingly entertaining MP experience

1 Like

Thanks for the hint with DLDSR, Iā€™ll check that out.

On another note, thanks for the constructive contributions in general. Some posts from other users here make me wish this forum had a block function, unfounded bashing without even giving reasons seems to be a thing nowadays.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words. Another thing, there was new DLSS DLL released few days ago, 3.5.10

Just drop replace one in Forza folder.

As for Blocking function, itā€™s there just hidden. Just go to annoying user profile select Ignore and choose for how long.

1 Like

Thank you for that as well, it seems to not work with hidden profiles, but I donā€™t want to derail the thread further ; ) Going to get the DLL now

Go to your own profile, preferences, users, Ignored section. Select user from drop down, specify ignore time.

Thanks again, that worked - itā€™s a peculiar process in this forum.

On another note, Forza looks pretty spectacular for me now, Iā€™m wondering if the hazy look was patched out, or if I maybe just experienced too many races with hazy weather in the beginning. I havenā€™t tried DLDSR yet because I read it might affect other games negatively, but with everything maxed at 4K using DLAA itā€™s graphically my favorite racing game at this point.

Iā€™m still using the FFB settings you posted early on, after testing some alternatives that were uploaded to Tru Drive these still work the best for me.

Game still has some bugs to be ironed out, but Iā€™ve been enjoying this since early access, hopefully ActivePedal support isnā€™t too far out anymore.

1 Like

DLSS 3.5.10 was released not long ago, you can just drop replace nvngx_dlss.dll in Forza folder. And use NVidia sharpness to counter blurriness.
There are still some issues, like bully AI, but force feedback feels intuitive and driving fun. Depending on the weather condition and time of the day, the game can look from glorious to drab.
From my initially posted settings Iā€™ve only bumped Mechanical Trail Scale to like 120, but itā€™s a matter of taste on how much resistance build up you want before traction loss.

I donā€™t have the title, so Iā€™m not sure if the new effect in TD (centering force) is used here.
I just wanted to tell all that the effect is adding up to others. While testing I used it for WRC titles. You get a very fast snap back, and depending on the wheel size, shape and weight the effect can be pretty dramatic. Smaller numbers of rotation will also impact the force of the effect. You already get an idea with 5.