FFB drops into low-torque mode or even turns off during driving

I updated my base two days ago and today, all of the sudden I lost tourqe.

I’ve tried to downgrade the firmware and then update it but its seems like their is nothing that I can do to fix it. No matter what settings I use, both in-game and in true drive, I cant get the high tourqe like before.

Can you show the settings you are using?

Problems vanished for quite a while and sold the VRS because after True Drive 2022.11 I prefered the SC2 Pro. But same problems are back again, this time with error 140404 occasionally (than I need to press and release the emergency stop), but mostly FFB-torque drops for no reason and happens now several times per minute, so unusable. Is there anything I can do to fix it or can I through it in the bin, because warranty is over? I’ve tried the older firmware without success and the problem started already about 2 months ago, but I could temporarely (almost) fix it by increasing maximum torque and run lower game-FFB. This doesn’t work anymore.

How can a problem disappear for so long and come back? When I reverted to the old firmware, the problem was gone for an hour yesterday and today back again.

1 Like

PS: I guess I ‘fixed’ the issue temporarily just by switching the base with the VRS several times because of a loose contact. I also could trigger the typical 4x beep occasionally by bending cables and suspected a defective emergency stop connector. Is this possible? The base already got new electronics, new power-supply and a new backplate for it with the RMA for the same problem. So either it’s the emergency stop or the motor because everything else was replaced already once.

PPS: 8 hours later and problems disappeared again. Passed >1 hour stress-test in the same games without any drops. I’ve only changed the AC-socket (still the same main socket) and bent the cables a bit differently at the base. WTF?