Enough is Enough! Orders from NSH Racing are late

As I’ve mentioned above, I get it and it is what it is.

Granite/Simucube and their resale partners are all learning together and have unforseen hurdles to navigate.

Personally, I would have set things up differently but its subjective and there is no right or wrong, only what works.

Here’s my fantasy example…

In sales there’s stupid acronyms for everything. One I particularly like though is KISS. Keep it simple stupid.

I’m Granite/Simucube. I’m the “Vendor”. I want an easy life and the simplest model to control production volumes accurately as this is core to profitability. I don’t want too much or too little. Goal is 100% accuracy.

I decide to setup a distribution chain. I only want to be shipping here. This will be my single source of truth for my volumes.

In this particular case I choose SimRacing Bay to be a “Distributor” based on the fact they seem to be the best at controlling and reporting stock volume and “seem” (Im guessing) to be willing to invest.

They carry a quota. They must agree to cary an agreed number of units always at any one time. For this, they have a fixed price agreed in the terms.

“Partners” like NSH may not have the capital to hold stock. But I want as many of these setup as possible. They can support local regions in their own dialect and it opens me up to more market cap.

The best thing for me is I only deal with Partners/Clients on a techmical support level. Partners purchase their stock from the Distributor who we know have stock. The Partners have sold a unit at their mark up and place the order to Distributor. Disti ships to client.

Each layer is scalable and predictable.

This is helicopter view, the nitty gritty needs fin tuning based on all sorts from margins, shipment cost factors etc.

As we’ve already highlighted, Granite/Simucube has their priorities in order to maintain a level of success that funds the expenses of innovation and development as that’s where 30-50 Year companies are built. To that end they need to wash their hands of as much distraction as possible.

2 Likes

on that matter, I got my SC2 from Simtag, a belgium based company (near Zolder track) and it went flawlessly. I was on batch #2 so not long after launch in april 2019, I was constantly informed about any delay and there was total transparency from them. I received it on mid august 2019, they also agreed to include a second qr just a couple days before shipment, so yeah maybe they do not carry the same stock as SRB but - as a granite “partner” distributor - I had a very good experience with them.

3 Likes

Same here with spanish store Augurysimulations.com
Was my choice because national shipping, language, and good words about them

2 Likes

These were actually the first people I went to. I loved the Augary SC1, was a beautiful piece of kit.

It was here I started to see a pattern that all SC1 builders seemed to have folded into the SC2 reseller camp.

SRB does not take preorders, you have to be lucky and quick to get one when they get stock which is sold in minutes.
Others take preorders but you need to wait in line for your turn.
I got mine from DSD, and yes, had to wait a few months, but that was communicated from the very beginning, and DSD was sending out regular updates on ETA.
At least now I have local dealer to deal with in case of the problems.

While it has been true SRB has sold out fast when they do enable sales, Pro sales have been enabled for days and are currently. Thus, no “luck” currently needed.

I bought from SRB to US early July and had in hand extremely quickly, perhaps even faster shipping than “local” DSD would have been, and for a little cheaper including shipping. Personally, I couldn’t stomach paying $1500 in advance with vague shipping promise months away, with “no refunds” clearly stated.

This is not typical and honestly surprising. Should post this info on RD as people are desperate to get one.
On local vs international dealer, not sure if it matters much except when it comes to shipping unit back and forth because of shipping charges and custom clearance complications.
But SC2 in general seems very reliable so pretty slim chance of that to happen.

I’ve checked the flagged messages, and hidden them as they didn’t include anything of value. However, this caused the whole thread to be hidden from forum, which we didn’t intend to do. I’m looking into this.

edit: and that is now resolved.

1 Like

Feel free to remove the thread now, or mark it as resolved at least.

Thanks.

We are all for free speech and minimal hands-on moderating, and we shall be keeping this line by not just throwing whole thread into the bin.

4 Likes

Closure from me, after some more problems with Fedex not wanting to deliver to my house I finally received it today. Still to go home from work and try it but after almost 4 months it should be OK.
Hope everyone involved will get theirs.

3 Likes

Closure for me too, I received refund from NSH last friday after a 5 months wait. I will receive my sc2pro tomorrow from SRB. Champagne !

4 Likes

Hey John that’s really terrible to hear man. Its really messed up i don’t have anything positive to say about your experience but i will say maybe don’t let the setback defeat you all together. You didn’t male a poor choice. This exposes the fact that THIS company needs to improve or disappear. I think its insane that we can pay all this money for these so called luxury items and they can be held up for long periods of time or not work or be made with cheap labor etc etc.

I hope the mental illness you struggle with is something that you can find a way to deal with in a positive way. For me sim racing is something that helps me relax.
Coming from being addicted to drugs and homeless i now am kind of addicted to these new toys lol. But these kinds of experiences can ruin things and that just sucks. I ordered from NSH on the 20th and I will cancel my order and demand a refund in 3days.

Anyway I hope things are going well for you and stsy strong man.

What lead times are people experiencing for their wheels? I ordered a wireless wheel about a week ago since it’s one of the only wireless ones with a 7-way switch (found out later SimCore does this too as an option). Based on the feedback here I’m a little worried that after-sale support isn’t going to be great for their stuff.

1 Like

Hi,

I‘ve ordered a Pto wireless button box 7 weeks a go after 2 weeks I asked via email what‘s going? Officially they told me they are still waiting for components to finish them. That was 4 weeks ago since then. I’ve made a new mail wednesday but no answer till now.
A very poor service and the stock status on the website is very misleading to me.

Claude.

1 Like

Hi, before ordering a BLE-Sport, I asked how much wait time would it take. They answered me two weeks after payment. It’s been three weeks since I paid and nothing like news.
They have very poor communication and are not telling the truth about delivery times.
It’s a shame, I just hope now that their products are of good quality …

1 Like

As an update, I fought and got my money back.

My recommendation to him would be to at least keep his clients up to date with progress on his website. The head in the sand approach is not helping anyone, especially his company and Granite/Simucube.

I did a lot of thinking afterwards. During on of those deep pondering moments I decided to impulse buy another SC2.

DHL scheduled to arrive this afternoon.

After sitting on my shelf for 6 months after purchase, it finally get to use my cube controls wireless wheel which I purchased AFTER my initial SC2 order.

It’s been a crazy ride. But happy to announce I’m a little excited again which is a feeling I’ve not felt for a long time.

7 Likes