Dirt Rally 2.0 and Simucube 2

@Mika absolutely, there is no feel at all in tarmac with whatever setting, it is just useless. At snow, i used to increase TD strength to get some feel which is ok, but obviously not realistic at all. Telemetry FFB indeed could be a game changer :nerd_face:

@Highmynamesryaan right so here they are:

As i said these are quite different from the previous settings aiming to give a more natural feel to the wheel (less hyperactive and twitchy), better feel in countersteer, road texture and overall control, at least to me. After over a year that i revisited DR2, i found out that i hated my older settings and couldn’t really use them. I guess spending time with better sims and getting more experience with SC2 changed my view and philosophy on FFB.
Still these settings are far from perfect (not sure this is even possible with DR2) and you will have to fine tune them to the car you are using and the road surface. Do not forget to re-calibrate the wheel in game.

Adjust the TD strength where you feel comfortable (add 5%-10% more in snow) but do not go over 55%-60% to avoid accidents. For tarmac it is a shit show anyway so do what what you feel is best. Depending on the car, you may want want to increase slightly the Slew Rate Limit, reduce damping & friction (constant operating filters - use small steps of 1%) and increase Self Aligning torque for a quicker/more active wheel. Do not try changing all of these parameters together, but one at each time to get a feel of what each of them is doing.

These are quite different from what you are using already, you might love them or hate them. If you feel they are in the right track, play with the settings to optimize them. In any case there are really no right or wrong settings (unless there is something too off) as each of us like different things. Anyway, let me know if these worked for you. Cheers!

7 Likes

I like the FFB, but I have a big “clunk”, when I hit rocks or after a big jump, probably the suspension FFB, will it damage my wheel ? It’s not a problem ofr me the clunk feeling, just want to know if it will damage the wheel

Depends on where the “clunk” is coming from…I assume you posted it here because you already identified the source: the “clunk” normally ain’t part of the Simucube 2 package, at least I didn’t get one. If you lower your settings, still feel the FFB wanted and the "clunk"has gone, that would be perfect. Maybe a bit less torque, just to try

the clunk is coming from the shaft, i will try lower ffb suspension…but it’s already low

I update myself, the clunk was coming from the QR2, I have forgotten to tighten some scews, now zero clcunk, I 'm starting enjoying it.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, I gave up on Dirt Rally 2 after getting the Simucube Pro as I could not get feeling and FFB was nothing in the middle and harsh elsewhere. I just found these settings and cant believe the difference ! I still use 780 rotation but with these settings I just smashed my lap record on the first time trial I tried, and I have not played for over a year. Again, thank you for sharing !

2 Likes

Do you mind sharing them? Maybe in-game aswell?
Would be extremely kind. I really love rally, but also gave up on dirt 2.0.

I shared it through True drive with game settings in explanation, my Username is “SennaMental” and it is labelled “setup by Panshoin with extra rotation” I have since changed it from 780 to 540 rotation as it was too slow at 780. Cheers

PS don’t forget to recalibrate wheel in game after changing settings

4 Likes

Made a copiy, labelled it “dirt rally by SennaMental and Panshoin”, and will use it the next time I drive rally. Thanks for sharing!! Have a nice Sunday evening, both of you

Not clear who has made these settings but you guys are legends!!!
Its like I have got a new game. Really crazy. Hadnt played it for like 2 years. Now it s awesome.

Big Thanks for sharing!!!

what settings are you talking about?

The Sennamental by panschoin ones

im very very negative with a very low slew rate value…it’s too much slow and unresponsive, no thanks

1 Like

Did you try it?
Do you have settings that have a better road feeling and to feel What the car is doing?
I am very interested to try them If you want to share them!

I have already posted my settings, and there are all similar in every games…

1 Like

Hey bro!
I just used your preset in dirt rally 2.0. Its much better than everything I had, absolutely.
Some settings, in-game, are too high for me, so I turned them down. The one at 150 Fe (not sitting in the rig, so can’t look up for the correct name).
What I like in dirt 2.0:
I can use all the equipment, which is great! Graphics and also partially sounds are way better than WRC 9 (10 is far from 9, almost in all aspects).
What, for me, works better in WRC 9:
FFB is much more subtile, coming from gravel to sand is very good to feel. Weight change, when the car turns in a hairpin is extremely accurate, the Simucube 2 gives you all this in a way which is nowhere as good. Sounds are also very good, while 10 again is a disappointment.
You and Panschoin made dirt FFB clearly better. I still prefer the dynamic from WRC 9. It’s just more detailed.
Thanks for sharing, and my respect for the effort!!

Is it possible to have settings screenshots for sc1

1 Like

@Herve45 think these are the ones i had posted back in March 2022. Scroll up 15-16 posts, there are screenshots for all settings.

1 Like

I dont understand the hype with a low slew rate value, it feels dead

1 Like