Custom Profiles: Editing "simucubeprofiles.ini"

Hello @Mika and Granite Team,
Last 3 days testing custom profiles to my Simucube 2 Sport. Some questions reached my mind and the latest news have pushed my doubts into the air.

First I start with some doubts that may arise regarding the options available in “profiles.ini” file.
This is the one im modifying right now (take note that im loading only one profile per IMPORT because IMPORT button adds only, not overwrites old profiles in memory).
I have taken the liberty of adding a short description to each value on the profile:

[Simucube2_Profiles_V2]
Profile1\name=RUF d12 (Name displayed in TD)
Profile1\dxsinegain=0 (DX sine wave slider in TD 0-200)
Profile1\dxsquaregain=0 (DX square wave slider in TD 0-200)
Profile1\overallstrength=27
Profile1\dxspringgain=0 (DX spring slider in TD 0-200)
Profile1\dxfrictiongain=0 (DX friction slider in TD 0-200)
Profile1\dxdampinggain=0 (DX damping slider in TD 0-200 )
Profile1\dxinertiagain=100 (what happened here? Where is DX inertia slider in TD??? Always at 100 by default - locked in TD
Profile1\bumbstoprange=-7 (positive: inside steering range - negative: outside steering range - x2=degrees in total)*
Profile1\servo_torquebandwidth=11 (1-11 in Sport, being 11=Unlimited)
Profile1\servo_peakingnotchfilter=655360 (Dont know nothing about peak filters -unused)
Profile1\servo_damping=12 (Self explanatory 0-1000 being 1000=100% 1=0.1 in TD UI)
Profile1\servo_friction=0 (Self explanatory 0-1000 being 1000=100% 1=0.1 in TD UI)
Profile1\servo_inertia=0 (Self explanatory 0-1000 being 1000=100% 1=0.1 in TD UI)
Profile1\servo_reconfilter1=3 (Simucube Reconstruction Filter 0-10
Profile1\filteringModes=0 (dont know what it does - at 0 in all my saved profiles)
Profile1\dxsawtoothgain=0 (DX sawtooth slider in TD 0-200 )
Profile1\dxtrianglegain=0 (DX triangle slider in TD 0-200 )
Profile1\steeringrange=720 (self explanatory)
Profile1\staticforcereduction=0 (self explanatory)
Profile1\ultralowlatency=13 (self explanatory)
Profile1\slewratelimit=0 (self explanatory)
Profile1\staticforcereductionspeed=1000 (Controls how quickly the SFR reacts. 1000=1.00s SC2 Ultimate exclusive UI filter - may test it soon over my Sport)
Profile1\gamma=1000 (Controls Torque linearity. 1000=1.0=linear. SC2 Ultimate exclusive UI filter - may test it soon over my Sport)
Profile1\centerdamping=0 ( Aditional damping near wheel center. 0=off SC2 Ultimate exclusive UI filter - may test it soon over my Sport)
Profile1\centerdampinganglespan=0 ( Effective area of additional damping. 0=off. SC2 Ultimate exclusive UI filter - may test it soon over my Sport)
Profile1\simplesettings=33686299 (unused)
Profile1\uibits=0 (Switch UI between Simple & Advanced modes. 0=Advanced UI
Profile1\varioussettings=1 (Dont know, value at 1 is on factory Simple Mode profiles)

Now my questions:

-First of all, why not more precision over TrueDrive UI filters?
When loading a Simple Profile (Ex. iRacing Simple profile) and then migrating to Advanced Mode, we can see some filter with decimal values but is no possible to add those values on TrueDrive UI:

Im a geek with best DD servo in da house, so editing “profiles.ini” and importing them one by one is the only way to take the full potential of the SC2:

So, I think it’s a good idea to implement some editing boxes in TD UI to add values more precisely:
Precission box

-Another question is about SC2 Ultimate exclusive filters, more preciselly about Gamma filter. Is it possible to change the linearity of my SC2 Sport by loading a profile.ini with a different gamma value?

Last one: Where is DX Inertia Effect slider in TD? Why is allways at 100% in every profile and no option to change that effect?

1 Like

DirectInput Inertia effect is not implemented at the moment on the firmware side, so thats why the slider is hidden.

Correct. On Sport and Pro, value 1000 will always be imported, regardless of the value in the file.

Correct. On Sport and Pro, value 1000 will always be imported, regardless of the value in the file.

Correct. On Sport and Pro, value 0 will always be imported, regardless of the value in the file.

Correct. On Sport and Pro, value 0 will always be imported, regardless of the value in the file.

Is used to store the position of the simple settings mode sliders.

Various one-bit settings. Currently only the “map wireless wheel buttons to same button number as physical wheel paddles” setting uses this.

Such high precision is not needed. We never or rarely saw anyone adjusting the damping/friction/inertia settings up to the second decimal in Simucube 1, so the UI is simplified as such high granular settings are not needed.

Its not “full potential”, its just if you want to make things dificult to yourself.

Would take a few hours of development time and clutter the UI. Noted, and will maybe be done, but not up to decimal points unnecessarily like it was in the Simucube 1.

No, it will only be enabled on Ultimate.

Not implemented. We have seen 0 games using DirectInput Inertia, so no need to have it.

The simple mode sliders scale a few of the settings with a lookup-table and a multiplier, and the results may end up having decimals. We shall fix (add rounding) for next release.

you may also reverse-engineer how this works, if you are interested :wink:

Thaks so much for your time and responses!

Im really worried about Servo filters…
Im a low force driver, i only need the cues of what the tires are doing and im really happy with my purchase but take as an example that im happy with 3% Friction, im fast and confidece, but some bumps overshoots my wheel position and im loosing grip forced by FFB,
Then at 4% friction i have more confidence over bumps but the wheel feels slugish when centering because too much friction.

Altering “profiles.ini” Servo_friction=32 (3.2 in trueDrive) gives me the true feeling of a DD servo. i can feel it, trust me or not.

So, next question must be:
How many SC1&SC2 users have the sliders over 50%? May be a good step would be to compress values like actual 50% will be 100% so more room for precision? I know the answer “it will force all users to change his actual settings” What a waste of filtering process… 50% of slider not used and then we are not allowed to fine tune the servo when it is posible editing the .ini

We plan to reduce the setting range, yes. But unsure if we want to go back to having different granularity in the setting range. The current Simucube 2 implementation is already going to be in Simucube 1 as well, as a requested feature to have both at the same ease-of-use level.