Brand new to Simucube 2 - Issue with True Drive profiles

None of us were happy about this and many other changes. We got asked to provide feedback which we did only to get the same repetitive answers leaving me wondering why there was even a feedback thread in the first place.
It’s almost like our feedback was taken as offensive as that’s how it seemed from the answers we got and still get.

I am using 2021.7 which runs perfectly fine and see no reason to update.

If you have a newer unit manufactured after I think October 2021, those unit’s only support 2021.9 and up so I’d recommend 2021.9 as that is the last version which still has true drive classic (the one we all want)

3 Likes

Well I’ve tried logging in with my account but it doesn’t accept it.

Why am I having to go through so much hassle just to be able to duplicate a profile? - that’s all I want to do.

The feedback was not constructive at the time. And it seems it still is not.

We have seen a dramatic drop in customers asking for profiles. The support workload regarding this has halved.

1 Like

Well now that your support workload has dropped you can use that time to reintroduce features for the offline profiles, so that you can actually give me what I paid for.

Not to be mean, but this sounds like another troll post complaining about the changes at Paddock. :rofl:

It’s not a troll post. I simply want the functionality I paid for. I can’t get paddock to work for me - I can’t log in, As a result I can’t download profiles and I can’t create profiles within this environment.

I can check if your account needs to be verified. Did you create it with the same email address as your account there at the forum?

I understand the frustration that it’s not working right now.
What I wanted to say is that these discussions always go in the same direction, that everyone jumps up who didn’t like the changes and criticizes Paddock.

But to address the actual problem.
What error message is appearing?

Edit:
Ok, Mika is already on it :smiley:

1 Like

We do not have resources to maintain two different profile management systems. The currently available offline mode was introduced from community feedback for those special use cases where there is no internet available.

I’d recommend using 2021.9 or 2021.7

Yes - the account I log in for this forum is the account I try to log in on Paddock.

We do not (yet) have a combined account. The account you use here on the forum is different. You need to create an account.

True Drive, firmware update… everything is for free. Having an account is… for free. You paid for the hardware, that’s it. The rest (TD and firmware) is provided by Granite and done with upmost care. Updating is voluntary.
PS: wherever I go these days I need an account: steam, epic, Nvidia… you name it, I to 99.99% have it. If I compare the credibility of the accounts I have, they are legion, it’s sure not Granite I doubt in.

Steam and Epic are online digital assets providers, of course you need account to manage what you have.
But what is NVidia account for, sorry I’ve never had one, my GPUs still works without forcing me online.

People seem to generalize that if we leave in the era of internet, every little thing including hardware assets must be online. It’s quite primitive and shallow way of viewing things, sorry.

Profile sharing could have been optional addition to existing, easier to use Classic UI, why the whole things had to be broken down and taken more than a year to get back into somehow functional state with severely impacted usability for non online users not interested in that option to begin with? :man_shrugging:

Feedback wasn’t constructive, is it because it just didn’t fit someone’s agenda?

4 Likes

In case of Nvidia you need an account if you want to use Gforce experience. I myself don’t have an agenda. I just think that the question/discussion about on/offline has created a lot of bad blood and shouldn’t be brought up again and again.
I am not a fan of this flood of registration. I just experience that I have to register myself wherever I go. From GitHub to whatever…I always have to confirm my email address. Is maybe because of spamming. Some access is sure worth it, some sure isn’t. I don’t use any online profiles from Paddock. When I open TD I get connected through one of my emails. Isn’t there an offline mode, kind of fallback to classic mode? I really would like to understand what you are missing, or what is there that, in your eyes, is too much.
I remember that I didn’t had access to Paddock from the very beginning, and when I had it, it was no help to me.

Bold claim to make on my behalf or on anyone’s behalf. Usually the loudest are the ones who complain, but that does not necessarily reflect reality.

I don’t use paddock functionality, but I update truedrive regularly. I haven’t had anything to complain so far even if there was functionality included I personally don’t have use for.

1 Like

When I received my Simucube I didn’t have Paddock access, so I must have been on the classic mode then. But I can’t remember how it exactly was like.
I asked @Andrew_WOT what he is missing, or what there is too much in todays solution. I didn’t get an answer yet.
I always do update to new versions. Whenever I see questions about PC problems one of the first recommendation is to check, if drivers and software is updated to the newest version. Even TD should be different (and changes are sometimes minor, or connected to graphical UI) it is sure not bad to have the latest firmware, which is not possible without updating TD itself AFAIK.
In the last few months some games/simulations had FFB fixes. I myself can’t therefore tell what overall difference exactly is coming from firmware updates and what is based on these game updates.
All I can say is that no update from Granite ever gave me the feeling to be a step backwards. It never needed a second attempt to install. Everything is working fine since day 1.

I think the reasons that the same kind of classic is not possible anymore have been explained a few times. The reason as I understand is that the profiles are not stored to the base/fw anymore, or at least the same way they used to be.

And they are not stored to the FW anymore to make it possible to develop FW easier and to enable more functionality in it. I don’t know if that development or functionality has manifested yet, or if it ever will be, but that seems to be the reason.

You know what pisses me off? I’ve had to login a few times now when starting up True Drive.

I power up the VR headset, wheelbase, run all the programs (TD, SimHub, SteamVR, CrewChief,…) and finally the sim, get all cosy in the rig and put the headset on only to find out the wheelbase profile is all wrong when going for a drive.

Then I have to put the headset off, fire up the god damn password manager and login into True Drive.
Sorry I had to vent :stuck_out_tongue:

OK, I’m going to take the suggestions to go to version 2021.9 as thîs is the last to offer offline features.

What I need from Granite Devices is a full assurance that my wheelbase will be covered under full guarantee should the firmware downgrade fail and brick the device.

I have a very poor record when it comes to firmware - about 1 in 3 devices fail whenever I attempt it, so this assurance is important, and expected as you provide the firmware and base.