Excited to replace my Accuforce Pro V2 wheelbase with the Simucube 2 Sport but so far it has been a disaster. For reference I only sim in AC these day and I was NOT using any settings in SimCommander 4 with the Accuforce to alter the AC FFB. I was using only the base settings that get saved to the wheelbase itself. Also I have worked in IT for over 20 years, I’ve been a sim racer for 7 years and in that time I’ve had multiple different full motion rigs and gone through tons of wheelbases, pedals, VR etc and spent 1000s of hours tweaking everything. This isn’t my first DD wheel but it is my first Simucube.
The first issue is that there is just no feeling, no feeling of the road, the tires, nothing. There is resistance yes, but that’s about it. In order to feel the curbing at all I had to crank that up setting up in AC to 100% (was 0% with the Accuforce).
There is no feedback as to what the tires are doing in my wheel(the same Cube Controls GT-X that I was using with the Accuforce). I have google searched, watched videos, read these forums, read reddit etc copied TONS of others setups as well as used shared setups in the paddock nothing feels as good as the Accuforce did. Based on all the hype and reviews I was expecting the Simucube 2 to blow the Accuforce away.
If that wasn’t enough when I am racing it will randomly lose torque and go “limp.” Not sure how to explain it but it’s like the steering input is becomes over boosted (small turning = large movement) and the FFB goes to nearly zero yet nothing changed. This then causes me to crash or spin. Other times it will decide to go to full lock left or right and I can kind of keep driving but I am now having to fight the wheel in the direction it wants to go. If I let go of the wheel it will go until the lock and stop there until I quit the sim. In both cases I have tried pressing the auto stop button and releasing it does not affect the behavior. The only way to “reset” it is to quit the sim if I am in a race it is an automatic loss for me which isn’t acceptable.
I have tried tons of profiles, as well as trying to tune it myself one setting at a time over many hours of testing. I have tried different USB ports and cables. There is no error message, no USB disconnect noise, etc like I said I can quit the sim and reload it and it works again. Never had any issues like this on my Accuforce.
Between how bad it feels and these random issues I am pretty sure I am going to try to return it. Figured it couldn’t hurt to post here and see if anyone has ever encounter anything like this and solved it before I start that process. None of this matches all the reviews I watched and read before pulling the trigger and I am really shocked that this could be “normal”
Thanks for listening…