Automobilista 2 - Simucube 2

We are working with them, and FFB interface and device “plug&play” support is still work in progress.

However, I’m not really able to say what they can do with regards to the Madness engine limitations regarding FFB feel.

5 Likes

Maybe Jack Spades custom FFB tweaks can be used to make things better? Remember back in the days they made PC2 FFB much better.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51628-Jack-Spade-Custom-FFB-Files

Maybe, but I’d rather wait for the development team for AMS2 to finish their development for the base FFB implementation before messing it any more with 3rd party mods.

2 Likes

what I find most frustrating about AMS2 is the general lack of real challenge in driving any car…I hope Reiza will work mostly on the physics than the ffb, which will be a consequence of that.

2 Likes

No, Reiza made significant changes to the way the FFB works in AMS2 (vs.Pcars). The FFB is generally much better than in Pcars, closer to AMS1 imo. The trick is to get the balance of Gain vs. Low Force Boost (LFB) correct. LFB at 50% (default) is a good start but, it does require us to reduce the gain further (try 25%).

LFB in AMS2 does not compress the lower range of FFB like Min-Force does. It increases certain effects within the FFB, some of which are needed for good results. Many try to keep LFB at zero and that does not work well - especially not with some cars, and even less so with Direct-drive wheels.

I imagine Reiza will make revisions to the FFB but, for now, this is what works for those of us that have been beta testing AMS2 for the last month using DD-wheels.

1 Like

@SuperMonaco_GP - check that assists are off/realistic. Especially stability control, makes cars go on rails.

Is it normal for the wheel to feel like a spring resistance after assigning left & right .? Can anyone pls confirm .

Specially after i assign Left the wheel bounces back hard and then everything feels like a spring holding it back . Its normal before assigning .

Enable the e-stop while assigning axis. Should help with calibration too.

2 Likes

I still don’t understand which feels more realistic between driving assists OFF or Authentic.
for example with F1 V10, I found that with all OFF the car was a lot more under control than Authentic. I also don’t get if “Opposite lock spin” assist is working or not in the right way, sometimes I get a more realistic sense with that ON…
but anyway, like I said I don’t find normal or realistic to stomp the throttle 100% on exit without unbalancing the car or even make the wheels spin. that’s why I said there is a lack a challenge…if I try and drive current Formula on AC or RF2 like I drove today on AMS I would spin at the first turn…and @morOSWer it has nothing to do with ffb or the balance between effects, this is an issue regarding the physics engine, which is still miles behind AMS1.

Clearly, the physics are quite different but, FFB can make a huge difference in how we interpret car-handling. I get wheel spin and lose control more than I’d like to admit in AMS2.:slight_smile:

Still, some cars are very much WIP. There are quite a few I won’t even drive until they get more attention but, the F3 series / P1 / P2 / P3 / P4, all work pretty decent imo. Although some need setup work to fix bouncing issues. Last I checked, the fast dampers were still disabled.

Reiza are still working on grip levels but, they also have to do it for all cars / tracks / conditions, so it’ll take some time. The progress they have made over the last month has been quite good. I’m actually surprised at the pace they have been able to improve things already.

It’s totally possible that the assist’s may be bugged, that’s been an issue with both Pcars2 and AMS2, on & off.

1 Like

how can I re-start from scratch with input mapping etc? is there a file I can delete in doc?

You need to delete default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav located in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\47974489\automobilista 2\profiles

3 Likes

Hello Everyone, hope everyone here in the States and other Countries are doing OK with the Covid 19 fight.

I’ve been following this discussion closely, and my interest has gone up, since I see some people have had questions re: AMS2 control assignments. I built my Sim Rig last year, and began using PC2 exclusively. Since then, based on what I’ve read here on Granite and elsewhere, I truely believe I AM THE KING of PC2 assignment problems. So much so, that I have officially GIVEN UP on PC2 with my rig. Note I said I am king of assignment problems, NOT solutions!

As a result, I am highly interested in AMS2 compatibility with my rig, and I have decided to get AMS2 now, to test if I have the same assignment problems as I had with PC2. I will report here in next few days.

You can see my posts here in the Granite PC2 ‘blog’ beginning last Oct. I began with a Clubsport 2.5 with Protosimtech pedals. I then upgraded to SC2 and Ricmotech hydraulic pedals. I had severe problems getting my first controls set up, when magically they started working. Then after switching to upgraded wheel/pedals and many weeks of fun, I started again having similar problems. I also had problems getting assignments with one of the NFS titles, but quit after trying for an hour.

I’ll get AMS2 and report back if I have similar problems as I had with PC2 control assignments.

1 Like

Guys i fix my problem . Or could be others problem as well. Basically i diaable all direct input options in TrueDrive all 0 from 100 % and eliminated the rubber band feel as well as the spring feel i describe. NOW i am finally enjoying the FFB in AutoMobilista 2 .

I am running the default Automobilista profile in True Drive with direct input settings @ 0 % . Give it a try .

1 Like

Good to know.
Now do you have a standard ffb ingame set or you change it per car basis?
So far I found that what feels good for a car needs to be changed for another…just like in pc2 :cold_sweat:

1 Like

So far only tested the F3 . Right now i will test the Ultima gtr. Lets see how it goes. Wow i am loving it so far .

Hi Johan - Paste the TD/Game settings as image so we can replicate :slight_smile:

1 Like

My only issue @ the moment is the inability to apply multiple controls for one function. For example shift up can be assigned one input only. I can assign my huesinkveld seq-shift or ascher pedal shift at any given time but not both.

I will tomorrow . I already turn off my rig for today .

1 Like

Interesting find, I’ll test using SC1 to see if there are issues related to Direct Inputs.

Update: I tested DI-effects in AMS2 with SimuCube1
Result: No DI-activity detected by SC1 / no DI-effects experienced in-game (0-200%)