Automobilista 2 - Simucube 2

Performance is OP, really great even though its super early beta. I am in VR and can max everyhing with Supersample x2.0 (Rift S). Heard also from others with monitors, they have maxed out everything on not so fancy hardware.

The PC2 graphic engine was made primary for consoles and it ran and looked great even on XBox and PS4 back in the days

4 Likes

That’s great to hear!

1 Like

It will undeniably be compared to PCars2, but I don’t feel at all that it is AMS content in PCars2.
My impression is that they have built their own physics from scratch into the game, nothing copied from Pcars2, they have done the ffb from scratch (720 hz ffb), nothing copied from Pcars2, so how people can say it feels like pcars2 with AMS content I don’t really understand.
Jumping from R3E to Pcars2 to, which I tried a few times with the new custom ffb file that came out, it felt like Pcars2 ffb was severly lacking. It told me so much less than I had gotten used to from Raceroom.
Switching from Raceroom and ACC to AMS 2, it is very different. You feel the weight shift of your car, feel the load on the front tyres as you pull more speed into bends. I do a reflex correction on the wheel because the rear is sliding and you just react because you feel it. You feel the shift in grip as you have a bump in the turn. I can’t stop driving because it’s just fun doing laps and the ffb is good.
I never ever got back to PCars2 and felt that the ffb was good. I always thought to myself after a nostalgia session of Pcars 2, that I used to think this game was good, but now I know better (the ffb that is, Pcars 2 was a good game).

3 Likes

The physics and FFB are built into Madness Engine and this is what Reiza is using.
This is not ACC case where they incorporated their own physics engine into UE4.
Doesn’t mean that Madness Engine physics cannot be tuned properly, tire model was very impressive on paper, and some cars were quite nice in PCars2, I am sure guys at Reiza will be able to take it to the next level.

1 Like

i hope they fix this problem that is being analyzed here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?66720-Christiaan-s-Pure-FFB-(Custom-pCARS2-FFB-File) BREAKING NEWS: The oscillations happen due to a bug in the braking system . If someone is baker and feels the same maybe bring this to their attention.

Becomes a bit off topic, but are you sure it’s an integrated part of the engine?
I am by no means an expert in this, but reading here;

it seems that the engine is rather modular, and you can do your own physics (and by extension ffb I would guess) and plug it into the engine.

Combine that with the October update from Reiza, https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/reiza-october-2019-development-update.7088/ , and it looks to me that they don’t copy anything regarding physics and ffb from Pcars 2, and that you really don’t have to if you run the engine.

1 Like

Correct! Renato himself mentioned that they imported the AMS 1 data, physics, suspension, chassis et.al into the madness engine. The only thing they started from scratch was the tyre model.

I am sorry to ask this question, I know it’s a pita, but are you able to find the post where he state that?
I really like to be armed with that reference because the “Pcars 2 with AMS content” argument will be alive for many years I fear.

Np :blush:

1 Like

Data is not engine. Renato confirmed long time ago that they are using Madness physics engine.
It’s neither good nor bad. Depends on how you use it and if there are any inherent limitations or bugs in engine implementation.

Check interview with Renato.

Thanks for that one, was an interesting read indeed.

They are looking for some testers thursday 1400 - 1700 gmt before the patch. Probably they have a fix they want to test a bit before including it in beta2.

https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/simucube-accuforce-other-dd-users-testing-beta2.8924/

4 Likes

Upcoming patch BETA 2 notes:

4 Likes

So it seems that this update late

right-click AMS2 Beta on your Steam library -> Properties -> Beta Tab -> select Reiza51Testing from drowdown, then just let install :wink:

1 Like

Any information if the lastes patch solved the Steering rotaion and paddleshift issue? Have not have had the possibility to try it yet.

Rotation is solved. I didn’t had problems with anything else before

1 Like

And you use the “Custom” profile yes?

Yes. I didn’t had problems with shifting from day one

they solved it. set it 900 degree or any other wheel rotation number in simucube/td. after that when you calibrate wheel ingame first rotate counterclockwise until it goes, click next, after that rotate the wheel from there clock wise and match the onscreen number with number in simucube/td. don’t get fooled by position of the wheel as it is! don’t worry it will work properly ingame. I also noticed that ffb feels much better that previously set on 270 degrees, like it has more resolution on it. I simply love AMS1 and AMS2! still bugs are present but graphics looks much much better than pc2 that is based on the same engine, antialising is amazing, physics wise completly different than pc2. Love it :slight_smile:

3 Likes