Automobilista 2 - Simucube 2

Hi Boska - In PC2, Automatic assignments ALWAYS give me -X and +X for steering, and then +X for brake (not +Rx)! I found no option to change this. I also tried first assigning the brake (steering not powered up), and then steering. Didn’t solve the problem.

I WISH Developers would provide MANUAL assignments option (via dropdown list) for assignments.

morpwr- Does the Automobilista 2 issue you are having seem to be the same re: assignments as problems I was having in PC2 at the time?

1 Like

I mean in NFS, I quit ‘after UNsuccessfully’ trying to get controls set up (just like in PC2 for days when I first tried to use it).

In Pcars2 do the wheel first the game will let you use +x for pedals then. Make sure you turn the gain almost off somewhere as it will jerk back hard in one direction if you don’t when doing the calibration. Plus it makes it easy in the one direction that turns harder.

It seems its a different problem in AMS2 being setting dor at 280 in the TD software lets me do it every time. Just set dor to 280 to set the assignments calibrate the wheel to whatever you use and then do the pedals. But it still seems to work exactly like Pcars2 and assigns the same thing to steering and the pedals.

Hey guys!

First I would thanks to everyone about sharing your feeling and feedbacks.
Using this procedure, it’s working well (I mean the virtual wheel follows the real one):

• Use an existing profil (like @Boska I took the Fanatec 2.5)
  • Then hit the urgency button to avoid error from TD to assign Left and Right rotation
  • Calibrate the wheel
  • Separate pedals is ok
  • If you are a lucky and you maybe have a H gear box, in my perspective I’m using the fanatec one, manual shifting is working well. Otherwise, sequential mode is not working yet.

Finally I’m using the Raw FFB with:

Then for TD:

It’s smooth but enough for some testing. Surely we can improve that :slight_smile:

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Hi and thanks morpwr… I know this is Automobilista 2 thread, but since my name was brought up about my problems with control assignments in PC2, I went into more detail about that. Reason I piped up about assignments again was because I thought some PC2 assignment problems may be similar to problems people were having in Automobilista 2.

I saw that Boska had A…2 assignments with +x and -x for steering, and +Rx for braking. I’m like you in PC2… I tried everything, including setting up steering first, but I ALWAYS end up with +x and -x for steering AND +x for braking. Same thing if I set up braking first and then steering. I can’t change it. It actually seemed to work for a couple months Ok that way, but then I started getting braking and throttle shutoff from steering input. So I was getting control crosstalk. After a couple days more work, I’m gave up on PC2.

If people in Automobilista 2 aren’t having those same problems, then I’ll just drop any further mention of PC2. Thanks again.

1 Like

There is a guide (TEMPORARY FIX) for OSW/SC Wheels out now on Reiza forum (and a confirmation of the issue we have)

https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/osw-simucube-bodnar-simsteering-accuforce-wheel-rotation-temporary-solution.8805/

So we have hunted down what the problem is.

You are all advised to try the following:

Step1 .
In your wheel control panel, set rotation range to 270° (yes two hundred and seventy) At the moment any other rotation cannot be used on these wheels - in game visual wheel will not match, nor will steering ratio be optimal.

Step2 .
Load game.

Step3 .
Go to controller options.

Step4 .
Click “Reset to defaults”

Step5 .
Choose Make: Custom
Pedals: Separate

Step6 .
Go to ForceFeedback tab.
Profile: Raw
Set Gain to 50%
LowForce boost to 0
FX to 0
Menu Spring to 5

Step7 .
Go to tab “Edit assignments”, set your controls:

• to assign Steer axis - you need to turn wheel fully to reach stoplocks in either direction

Step8 .
Calibrate wheel, be ware you’ll need to click on “X” when done.
Calibrate pedals.
Do not fiddle with any of the sensitivity sliders

Step9 .
Load track, wheel should be in sync ALTHO only 270° of range. Game will automatically adjust STEER RATIO of every car to compensate for this low lock situation.

PSone: Pls follow intructions exactly step by step.

4 Likes

Sadly, no permission to access that part of the forum due to not being a backer.

Could someone please message them to read their emails?

Sure, i will give it a try.

EDIT: DONE.

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Automobilista 2 - Simucube 2:
Hi Boska have set up my Pro as per those instructions that Reiza posted…
I have a problem when going over any kerbs …example V8 Supercars Adelaide track you have to use the kerbs to be fast there ,if i am going into a left hand turn and ride the kerb my wheel kicks to the left drawing me further into the turn and for a split second it feels like there is no ffb .have also this feeling on ALL tracks on either left or right turns . The only other car i have used is the F3 also the same .
So for me at this time the FFB in AMS 2 needs a lot to improve if you have SC2 Wheel

Dont spend to much time on this early version. Just look around in game, test some cars, tracks and take it for what it is. Betting next update will fix alot of issues for us.

1 Like

Followed these steps today, and man did it improve things. I keep using the F3 309 since I started with that and being my reference around Donnington National. Starting to do test laps, I just couldn’t stop running around and around. Fun!

3 Likes

Got a reply from them just now - lets see how we can handle things from now on! :slight_smile:

14 Likes

hi all, I am following with great interest this thread, I am a huge AMS1 fanboy therefore I am totally onboard the hype train for AMS2, but despite of that I am not a backer so haven’t tried the beta.
what I am asking to the ones who tried it is the following : despite all the issues, the current state of the sim feels more like PCars2 ffb and physics with AMS content or AMS physics and ffb ported into PCars2 engine?
I am asking because I heard a lot of different opinions by all sim-related youtubers those days (they are not the most reliable source of info for the most part…)

I appreciate the work done to get the SC2 working so far. I think I am going to wait for some updates though. I think this will end up being really fun in the future, but will wait for some better support for SC2 and the like.

Remember automatic hardware lock, would be nice if they could get that working before next beta :wink:

It is still unknown to us how great access they have to the Madness engine and source code to implement that.

1 Like

At current state its not easy to say TBH. But the cars and tracks i tried it feeels more towards rfactor2 then pCars 1/2 IMO. Many cars are not really finished yet. Very early and buggy beta right now.

3 Likes

Yeah im on the same boat as you! Looking forward to see how it develops. I will add that I’m also keen on graphics engine performance especially on 4k.

From a content point of view it looks very promising.

1 Like

For sure, and now that Mika got in touch with the devs its looks even more promising.

Interested to know how performance/frames are too. ACC is a pain to run at triple 1440p, hoping AM2 is a little better optimised so I can use it for a casual fix when I’m not in the mood for iRacing.

1 Like