Automobilista 2 - Simucube 2

default is the old classic profile, default+ is the new profile added wih last update, custom is made if you want to use a custom ffb file.

1 Like

For the record, I still thought this might be optional just based on the way its worded and never having modified setups, but I asked in another forum and they say itā€™s required. If it was really required I would think they should just do it automatically.

Havenā€™t tested yet. Weā€™ll see.

Anyone have some TrueDrive settings theyā€™ve been enjoying with the new Default+ Profile? I want to try it once Iā€™m back from my travels, but Iā€™ve only used Custom FFB with everything turned off within TD filters thus far.

Something seems to be off with the FFB in AMS2 (New release). Itā€™s quite different from what I had in the Beta leading up to release, and seems to impact both the Default-ffb versions and custom files. There are several effects that donā€™t come through as expected, a few other users reporting the same.

In the meantime, Iā€™ve reverted to a custom file Iā€™ve been experimenting with. I did notice that there is a new custom ffb file (AMS2 forum) tweaked for the new game version this morning so, might be worth a try. I havenā€™t had a chance to test that yet.

I believe the default+ was supposed to be rfuktor or a variation of it. But from what i heard there were some issues with it and devs couldnā€™t fully bring it on at least for this release, i may as well be wrong. Now the default+ is better than the default regarding oscillations and snapbacks but lacks the details of the custom (scrub, tearing, etcā€¦). @Chip i think you should add some damping, friction and inertia to balance it out. @morOSWer i did check the normal game very quickly though and the custom file felt ok i think. Havenā€™t tried the beta so far, i will do some back to back testing to both normal and beta at some point soon.

Yeah, I was told that custom file path was abandoned due to some technical limitations.

With Default / Default+, I need to use quite a lot of Damping as Reiza changed the way their internal damping & friction effects work. Avoiding oscillations is no problem here, and the overall behavior is fine but, not what I enjoyed prior.

Great info, and very interesting. I will hold off on tweaking for now and await the next FFB related hotfix.

I was informed that the new ffb preset was developed using an AccuForce. I recall that method not being well suited to other DD-wheels, before. Users of mainstream wheels seem to like it a lot so, not sure if Reiza will change it. A good custom profile may still be the best option.

Physics is physics, what makes one wheel behave so differently from others.
How Kunos get away with one size fits all and it feels so great?

Hi, Im new to the SC/direct drive world and Iā€™m having a hard time nailing the FFB feel in AMS 2. Anyone found a decent Paddock profile for Default +?

@morOSWer Can you please share the custom FFB file you are using with your associated settings (in-game and TD) when you get a chance? Iā€™m interested in trying it as a comparison to latest Delta Tune Kuku has posted in the Reiza Forums.

Great ffb is a matter of opinion, of course. From my recent (short) time in ACC, I donā€™t get that impression at all. I think it actually got worse. I just donā€™t like the butter smoothness (or) Grainy effects it offers. There doesnā€™t seem to be a happy medium to be had.

Iā€™ll have to give it another go some time.

Thereā€™s more work to be done on the file tuning side. Add to that, how recent changes to the game may influence use of custom files.

Reiza has chosen to make LFB / FX / Damping co-dependent effects while also reducing certain FX scaling. Unfortunately, that works against achieving my preferred level and type of effects using either Default preset.

Still, Reiza has only recently solved the Sticky-diff issues, and has more setups to adjust, and broader tire refinements to be made so, how much does one want to invest in the search for the holy-grail of ffb when it seems to be constantly changing locations(?) :grin:

Totally understand, and thatā€™s my frustration as well: No sense in spending a ton of time tweaking the FFB when it is inevitably going to change again, and potentially change a lot given Reizaā€™s track record with AMS2 thus far. Honestly, thatā€™s why I ask to try otherā€™s workā€¦out of pure selfishness haha. Add to that, I donā€™t understand editing/coding the text file whatsoever.

Anyway, if you end up with something you find acceptable, please share. I promise I will only be grateful, and not critical at all.

Which one, butter smoothness or graininess? :grinning:
But you should definitely give it a go after the update, they removed some wool making feedback more lively with lots of details coming through without need for any extra road effects.
And back to AMS2 topic.

Well, sadly it doesnā€™t seem like thereā€™s a lot to discuss in regards to AMS2 at the moment. The consensus seems to be that the latest update changed something within the default/default+ profiles as compared to beta build, and whatever change occurred is not a desirable one. So, we are kind of in limbo right now: We can either edit custom FFB files to get back to a point of satisfaction, or we can wait for Reiza to update their FFB again.

1 Like

this is what I am using with Default+, feels reasonably good to me, the setting I think makes the most difference is the Slew Rate Limit.
gain at around 55/60% (on Sport), all effects and damper to zero.

1 Like

They do feel very different so definitely they didnā€™t take rFuktor. I have a feeling they wouldnā€™t like the rFuktor feeling as they couldā€™ve at any point implemented it in their own ffb file.

Itā€™s clear with Default+ that they are doing exactly the same thing as Custom FFB now just adding more profiles and adding in their own ffb files.

Reiza had considered creating two ā€œCustomā€ FFB profile slots, and had planned to have one of the custom slots be filled by default with the latest file from the forums (rFuktor-based presumably). However, there was some sort of technical limitation that prevented them from having two custom FFB slots, so they abandoned the idea. Iā€™m still not sure why they donā€™t just have rFuktor be the one custom FFB file that comes standard with the initial install, but oh well.

In Theory, when using either Default preset, the results rely on using some in-game Damping and LFB.

AMS2 FFB Tuning Process (Per Domagoj Lovric / Reiza)
When you find suitable value that allows you to counter-steer fast enough without wheel overshooting, move to LFB slider - if center is too tight, decrease, if itā€™s loose, increase. Adjust FX as per you desire of ā€œverticalā€ effects.