Automobilista 2 - Simucube 2

I’ve been able to assign and calibrate my HE Sprints in AMS2, and my gearshift from my Simucube Pro 2, but when i go to assign the Steering Axis I get a message about multiple inputs detected.

I have already unplugged the Sprints, restarted AMS2 and tried again with the same message appearing.

Any ideas on how I can get this to work? I’ve only used AMS2 for 10 hrs on my Fanatec DD, and now since changing to Simucube I’ve not tried to set it up again until now.

Cheers.

Automobilista 2 9_12_2021 3_29_10 AM

Did you try enabling the safety stop switch and returning the wheel to center? The game doesn’t usually register the axis until after it changes direction.

So you have to have the E-stop activated… then release it when you turn the wheel left or right in the ‘steer left’ etc assignment?

I thought the message I was getting meant it was getting too many inputs at the same time somehow and can’t identify one from the other?

Start with wheel first, remove all other assignments, e-stop does not affect axes assignment, but prevents from violent snap back that AMS2 performs when assigning wheel input.
Should have been fixed long time ago, same as TrackIR.

The multiple inputs error can occur if you have a H-pattern shifter in gear or something like that but, it can also be the carry-over error from PC2, when assigning steering-axis.

You should assign axis before calibrating, to avoid errors. If you still have trouble, delete the “default.controllersettings.v#.sav” (Documents / Automobilista 2 / savegame / # / autombilista 2 / profiles) file and start over. I think it’s best to assign axis, then exit from the controller menu, then go back in and finish setting up all controls and calibrate.

FWIW, I used to have the violent movement of the wheel when assigning steering axis, but no longer do. Not sure when it was fixed though.

I can’t work it out… no matter what I do I get the multiple inputs message, but it only does that when trying to assign the steering axis left or right. If I assign my gear up or down paddles it works registering only the paddle input and no multiple inputs message appears.

I tried deleting the folder mentioned above, restarting the game with my pedals, handbrake, shifter, streamdeck all unplugged… still get the multiple inputs message when trying to assign steering.

I even uninstalled / reinstalled AMS2, everything unplugged besides the SC2 Pro, wireless wheel turned off so all it could get was the steering info and still got the multiple inputs message when trying to assign steering.

Very frustrating… as I can successfully assign and calibrate pedals, gear shift, pit limiter etc etc… but I can’t assign the most important thing… STEERING!!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Last resort, disconnect everything else except the wheel, do wheel, save, connect other controls and do the rest.

That’s what I was doing… I even tried with my mouse/trackball and USB-C soundcard unplugged… so the only things plugged in were SC2 Pro motor and my wired keyboard :joy:

Tempted to just uninstall and kiss the $$$ I spent at AMS2 launch goodbye :rofl:

Try another keyboard maybe? An issue with that can definitely cause that error. Try with / without NumLock enabled, etc.

Also, try different degrees of rotation (and return) during steering assignments.

I had some assignment issues with my SimuCube1 earlier in the Beta development but, no such issues recently with SimuCube1 or SImuCube2 systems.

i have seen this problem many times
here is the fix that WILL WORK
Set rotation in TD to, 900
go to game where you do wheel settings
first up ENGAGE your E stop so no forces on the wheel
go to rotate the wheel to the right
rotate to 430 or close to that do NOT go to 450 and return wheel to center and it will register if it says muti imputs you have gone to 450 or more
if ok ok same procedure for the left rotation
Regards Denis let us know if this fixes problem and it will

3 Likes

In addition to the other suggestions, also make sure to uninstall the Fanatec driver, if you don’t need it for another device. Windows stores references in registry to all HID devices that have ever been connected to the system, which could mess the things up :slight_smile: There is a way to clear the unused HID device entries from the registry, but can’t remember which keys needed to be edited. Although this shouldn’t be needed.

Since I bought my SC2 Sport (a year and a few months ago) have been using it with AMS2 without any problems. The assignment of the steering axis always worked both in Windows and also in Linux Steam Proton (Wine). Hope you’ll find a solution.

1 Like

Hello all, I have a problem with my simucube 2 sport after I formated the pc.

While assigning the inputs in AMS2, when I steer left it recognizes it as “Joy Button 4”. When try to assign right-steer, AMS2 says that Joy Button 4 is already assigned. Why is AMS2 recognizing the steering input as a button?

In Control Scheme I chose “Type = Wheel” and “Make = Custom” and “Pedal type = Separate”. Thank you in advance. I have latest Simucube software installed.

What other game controllers are attached?

Hello Mika, the following are also connected:
AIO logs seq. shifter and hand brake + Heusinkveld 3 pedals + wheel having buttons.

If you open the “set up USB Game Controllers” window in Windows, are any of the game controllers having a button being pressed constantly? I would think it is something like that, would easily cause the game to detect a button as the wanted controller assignment.

Thanks for the hint! I disconnected everything then I was able to assign the wheel. Thank you for the quick support!

so according to this thread on Reiza forum, setting -FFB 600 as startup command for Ams2 on Steam it forces the ffb to run at 600hz. haven’t tried it yet, somebody here knows what’s the standard hz level for ams2 ffb?

I don’t understand why people like to use damping, friction, inertia, static force reduction and this kind of options. I have it all at 0 % and then is how I feel all more natural and realistic… :confused:

1 Like

One reason is the quality, size, weight and balance of wheels. Another one is a philosophy of using the full torque in almost every simulation. This is not always possible without tweaking through TD. Finally recon filters are offering highly developed FFB solutions which are to the good of us but people hesitate to invest time to really learn about. Plus, every car class behave differently and in-game FFB physics are not always good. I myself use as less as possible aswell