Automobilista 2 - Simucube 2

I personally don’t like the default and honestly i didn’t get an SC2 to run it with 50% damping, it just feels fundamentally wrong to me. Perhaps the default is more suited for lower wheelbases. But as usual ffb is down to preferences and tastes. In any case since the Rfuktor file is constantly developing and this is based on people comments and ideas, it could help if you could be more descriptive on what you find wrong with it, what you would prefer to be different, etc.

This is in game damping, dynamic one implemented through Constant Force, similar to what Kunos done. So 50% is about right if you don’t use any dampening in TD.
Reiza changed their default implementation (again), so now FX and LFB are better Off for DD wheels. It gets much more tamed, almost just like RFuktor, but with no numb gaps in grip/no grip transitioning.
Still far from ideal, just another and IMHO well worth to explore option.

These numb gaps you are referring to, maybe you mean the lightness/vagueness of the wheel due to grip loss? Just trying to pinpoint the issue. If that this the case, then I kind of agree with you that it is not perfect but I think that the next file should be better on this. Iro the default why not, I ll give it a go with your suggestions.

1 Like

Andrew, Rfuktor 4.3 is out, you may check if it is any better for you.

2 Likes

Tried RFuktor 4.4, it’s a bit better but still not as dynamic as Default to my liking, but I can see how some might prefer how it feels.
Anyway, posting my settings for Default profile in case someone wants to continue using what Reiza supplies, it’s actually not half bad like that.

4 Likes

I tried default with your settings and honestly it is not a matter if i like them or not, i just find that i cannot go for 200m without crashing (tried with caterham 620R in Nords) :rofl:. It is just a pendulum wagon for me with very strong and unpredictable snapbacks making it impossible to control the car. Perhaps with lots of TD filtering like SFR (as in ACC) and others this might be tamed and get better. But since Rfuktor is available, i don’t see the point. Simply put, there are a lot of things missing in the Reiza code that are added in Rfuktor which for me make it the preferable choice. Of course people at Reiza work constantly on improving stuff so i believe that one day the default will be good enough to make any custom files redundant.

Could be car depended, haven’t noticed much of the issue you describe with my test mule, but as always you can add extra damper and ULL to deal with that.
SFR as you said might work too with reducing cornering forces, AMS2 can go way too strong there as well.

Hi Andrew, have you found a way to get rid of the oscillations when you let go the wheel? I suspect it is somehow hardcoded into the physics, no matter what filters I use I can’t get rid of that…

I ended up with ULL at 10 yesterday.
But it all depends on the car, was hoping that dynamic damping would do its work better.
You can also try adding 10-15% of SFR (Static Force Reduction), it lowers cornering forces which could make counterforce snap back less severe.

1 Like

Actually you are very right on this. I remember back in November that i was still on the default, my settings back then would work perfectly for one car or a few, but would be absolutely awfull for other cars. Some cars regardless of the settings/filter were just useless confusing me even more. That was one the main reasons why i got involved with Rfuktor. Then after the February/March Reiza ffb updates/code changes things got a lot worse due to the introduction of oscillations/pendulum. I am sure though at some point that all these issues will be fixed.

1 Like

I’m just giving the rFuktor 4.4 file a try out for the first time. It feels really good but there is one small thing I’d like to change if possible. I want to lower the sensation of the steering stiffening up whenever applying the brake.

I’m guessing it’s in this line (brake_feel 0.85) but could someone who knows better confirm that I’ve got that correct?

1 Like

Yes, that’s exactly it :slightly_smiling_face: But actually 4.5 experimental 2 is slightly better for DD wheel bases, imo.

1 Like

I had no idea there was a more recent version. I’ll go and give that 4.5 file a try. Thanks for confirming that setting and also all the great work you’ve put into the ffb files.

They’ve completely transformed the game for me :+1:

2 Likes

Does anyone know if the default FFB was changed with the major update release June 4th 2021 (today)? Just curious. I read about someone enjoying a beta version of the default FFB, but didn’t see anything about FFB in the most recent development update posted by Reiza.

It’s not quite to the masses yet, I’m currently waiting for it to start dl, maybe in a bit, maybe tomorrow, who knows.
But will def. be interesting to see the improvement. Hoping it will help boost the MP player base too, if so!

Just tested the update, there’s a bit more connection to the road, nothing revolutionary for sure. Issues like the omnipresent oscillations are still there, as the general vagueness of the ffb.
One thing, I read on the changelog that there are some optimizations / dedicated profiles for the SimagicDD. Now, with all due respect for Simagic, I wonder why we, as Simucube users, have always to be the last to receive such help from the devs of most sims.

5 Likes

I know this thread tends to derail to custom FFB profiles but what’s the latest consensus on good settings (in-game and true drive) using the default FFB?

1 Like

this is the best I came up to today with the new update, I’m open to suggestions.
it doesn’t feel too bad, there have been some overall improvements in the physics, nothing extraordinary but under/oversteer seems to be a bit more progressive than before.
ps. I deleted the whole ams2 doc folder before testing.
Ingame : Gain 30 - LFB 0 - FX 0 - Damper 50
TD :

3 Likes

Hello. Have you tried increasing the gain to lets say 50 and decreasing the car ffb to ~55 or something close to that ? It felt better for me but i am still doing tests.

1 Like

I’ve tried the above settings with the new update and they feel a lot worse to me than what I had previously. I’m not sure if this is down to the changes from the update or the settings but the feeling/handling of the cars feels worse to me. Getting a lot more oversteer in some cars, although that could be down to my rubbish driving.

1 Like