Automobilista 2 - Simucube 2

rFuktor 4.0 is really nice, zero oscillation on start just some engine rumbling, very stable, feels like completely different sim, actually getting closer to ACC at least in FFB feeling, not so sure about physics, but I don’t want to pretend to be an expert there.
Thanks guys, may be there is a hope for this title.

2 Likes

Ok I must try Rfuktor version 4 then. The previous version did not feel right to me, really mixed up and before that there became so many iterations I went back to default which still feels pretty good to me.

I did like the custom files last year, messing was really nice but the feel changed somehow after updates to the sim.

If you did not like rFuktor 3.8 you prob. won’t like 4.0 either.
But if you want to make it feel good you will have to adjust TD as @Panschoin has posted & also set up in game different than Default, as the sliders don’t act the same.

Ok I will try it anyway but where are the @Panschoin settings you are referring to please ?

@blanes These here :slight_smile:

Where ? do you have a link maybe ?

@blanes This? You needed to just click the button on the top right of my comment. If you mean the rFuktor 4.0 file here it is - https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/automobilista-2-custom-force-feedback-overview-recommendations.11135/page-139

The top comment, just download the attached file.

Instructions -

1 Like

Oh thanks … sorry did not realise that was a link !

Does anyone experience AMS2 creating a center point that is not the natural center point of the wheel?

Meaning, while driving, in order to drive straight, I have to slightly adjust the wheel to the left (for me) in order to drive straight. Checking in True Drive it seems about 1-2 degrees.

I tried recalibrating and even recalibrating to compensate (ie. 920degrees instead of 900) but it didn’t solve the problem.

This doesn’t happen in iRacing but I think it happens in ACC and rF2 and possibly old SimBin games, as well.

That doesn’t sound right, may be some HW calibration is in order, I believe GD has some special procedure for that they can do remotely.

the hardware calibration to calibrate encoder <-> motor phase wire relative information to enable absolute encoder use has nothing to do with the visible steering angle in-game.

My wheel doesn’t spin on power up like my old AccuForce. I’ve found it hard to find whether that’s by design or something’s wrong. Is that a feature or a bug?

It is a feature. The relationship between motor phases and the position of the absolute encoder is calibrated on start. And the centerpoint is referenced against the absolute encoder position. So no calibration required on device start.

2 Likes

Found what feels like a good compromise between Default and RFuktor.
Default with:

• LFB - 0
  • FX- 0
  • Damper - 50%

RFuktor while feels nice with some cars is not very consistent across the full roster. Plus suffers from “dead spots” in FFB signal, like getting numb on some transitions.

which rFuktor version are you referring to?

What settings are you using in TrueDrive with these in-game settings?

Used 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2, these flat spots really make it feel almost like something going on and off, lacking continuity present in Default.

Pretty much what Panschoin recommended, i.e. no effects or filters except little Recon.

Well,

I don’t agree on your points of what’s good or bad, but that’s not so important.
But I agree that if you run Default you should put in-game damping at 50%.
And if you’re happy using Default, there is no reason to bother with anything else. Hopefully Default will be great for all of us at some point.

Sorry, didn’t mean to upset you, only healthy constructive criticism.
At these point none of the presets is ideal otherwise I wouldn’t bother trying all these custom ones.
Hopefully one day we’ll get there.
Thanks for your hard work, I know it means a lot to you, by just looking at all the lines in custom ffb makes my head spin. Respect.

Hey no worries, I am not upset,
I just don’t agree on the points, but that’s not a problem :slightly_smiling_face:
And I sincerely mean that if anybody likes whatever Default values of any game, then it really is simplest to stick to it, which I would do in that case for sure as well.