Automobilista 2 - Simucube 2

It is just weird, as the custom file is being developed by using 2 SCpros and a DD1. We never had such an issue and there was no similar complain in the forum by other people using different bases. That is why i am more concerned that maybe there is an other issue/error with your setup. Doubt though that it would be the firmware. The issue with the FX at 0 is that you are losing roadfeel and orther details…Anyway check this with other cars as well. I ll have a look on the M6 cause i havent tried it for a while.

No problem. I’m away from the rig at the moment but will try out some other cars tomorrow and let you know. I’ll also post the settings I’m using as I might have set something wrong at my end :slightly_smiling_face:

I think there was over pronounced engine vibration/rpm effect managed by FX.
Try Default profile to isolate the issue, it’s not that bad in recent iteration.

Of course, happy to have a look on your settings. Now just tried the M6, at standstill you get vibrations (only) but these are from the engine. if you shut down the engine the vibrations stop. I am usning fx @35 btw. So something else must be off…

I’m going to try the rFuktor 3.8 today too. I tried default, and funnily enough, it reminds me of the dead feeling of iRacing :rofl:

Same thing with Default profile on GT3 McLaren even with FX 0.
I am pretty sure it’s legacy from Project Cars, something to do with the brakes, that oscillation on starting line was always there.

It must be the engine vibration that bothers you.
If you don’t want that exact effect, using notepad, change this line in the file:
(engine_scale_at_still 0.7)
to
(engine_scale_at_still 0.0)

And restart the game fully, as it only picks up the file on startup.

It is normally best to use in-game FX slider at around 20-30(when having TrueDrive settings like @Panschoin and myself) , as otherwise you also remove various road features to only remove the engine vibes.

3 Likes

Awesome help from you guys. Many thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

@kledsen Changing engine_scale_at_still to 0.0 made all the difference for me. I can now up the FX to 25+ and get some nice road bumps coming through, minus the vibration playing over the top.

I really appreciate all the ongoing work that goes into making the ffb text files. What a night and day difference between the default and rfuktor 3.8 versions.

I did have a short play with the default txt file and think I would walk away from the game if that was the only thing available. The rfuktor version makes it far more playable and enjoyable.

Well done to all of you contributors for some very smart work!

2 Likes

That is great. BTW there is already a new version out the 4.0, which feels even better. This is indeed an ongoing project with many hours spent from Kledsen and us, but it is for sure rewarding as it has transformed AMS2 to a great sim.

1 Like

So RFuctor is a new Silver Raw?
Is Reiza team working with you guys in any form to make Default profile more drivable.
Curse of Madness Engine, out of the box FFB never works.

It’s just so very subjective.
I think it’s good the feeling of the default and custom is very different now, as many prefer one over the other, both ways.
Generally the ffb has been made for lower end wheel bases and belts, not DD. I think this is safe to say for most Sims, hopefully it’s changing these days…

Actually i find the default worse than what it used to be. It is extremely bouncy and even with lot of TD settings fiddling i couldnt bring it where i wanted. The Rfuktor is the new naming theme of Silver Raw indeed. Give it a try, but consider the TD and ingame setting posted in the previous posts. The ingame settings work differently than in the default.

1 Like

Untill a couple of months ago, I was having a great time with ams2 def profile, I tweaked td profile for long time and I was happy with it…then it all changed and now ffb feels really bad. In the meantime I had to do a fresh reinstall of win10, so it’s not a problem of obsolete doc folder. I guess I have to try out some of these custom profiles

1 Like

I agree with you, i was ok for me with the default until i think December 2020. Definetly check the late custom files, they have come a long way and are a blast.

1 Like

Now after I’ve tried the latest latest Default, it’s is much worse now than I remember for sure.
Even with FX at 0 and low LFB it’s way too chatty and oscillatory.
Not sure what else to adjust to quiet it down. Perhaps works better for low end wheels.

2 Likes

Exactly…i have the same feeling and it is unplayble for me…the custom file is the answer

I’m another one of the folks here that keeps getting frustrated with AMS 2 FFB. Even using the latest Rfuktor settings, everything still feels off an disconnected to me. I don’t know what it is, but every time I hop back into iRacing, cars tend to feel more planted and better communication of tire grip (with exception of GT4 class). Silver Raw .37 still felt quite good to me several months ago, but with constant changes in FFB between releases, I’m just really struggling to get back into this game.

1 Like

I wonder if this is a SC2 specific problem? Because I find the FFB of AMS2 to be the best of all SIM titles ever. However, I drive a DD1 and can’t understand how you can’t like the FFB.

I wouldn’t call it a problem. It’s just that there’s nearly unlimited variables involved in tuning ffb and everyone has different expectations and preferences. Maybe my brain is wired to appreciating iracing car handling and ffb at this point. Even ACC is pretty I unenjoyable for me…

It’s really so very subjective.
My friend on his DD1 can not stand AMS2 Default and finds it completely off, this is not correct or incorrect, just yours and his opinions on it, even on the same wheel base. He’s no noob to adjusting his wheel base to perfection, so that’s def. not the cause for him.