Automobilista 2 - Simucube 2

I struggle so hard to get anything going in AMS2. Does anybody have some settings for Truedrive and ingame Settings that works with the gt3 cars and the newest update 1.1.3.5?

It feels so disconected for me, I don’t know where to find a good start for any kind of setting.

Today played ams2 after a long time, seems like my old profile doesn’t work anymore, ffb feels really worse than I remembered. Anybody has some advice? I already deleted the doc folder and also tried some custom files, not much of an improvement imo.

Use the latest file by Karsten. Actually a new one is coming out today or tomorrow which should be awesome

2 Likes

Hi to All
I am now back to Automobilista because it now has VR And what a difference to automobilista2.great FFB and physics and VERY good AI

1 Like

Hey mate, sorry to bother you, are you willing to share your in game settings and true drive settings for AMS2? Just got it so looking for good setups :grinning:

Hi the One Demon
I sent you a PM

It would be awesome if you posted it here for us all to test

4 Likes

Hi ONE DEMON
I do not have any settings for AMS2 .As i deleted the game needed the space on my SSD to install the original AMS … my settings in TD are
Overall strength 100%
Steering range 360 you HAVE to set this to the range of the car you drive as does not have an auto setting … a PITA i drive the F3 car most of the time if you drive GT3etc use 540and change the bumpstop range to 540 also
Bumpstop feel Medium
Bumpstop range 362
Recon 4
Torque band width 2200
Damping 30%
Friction 0%
Inertia 30%
STR 0%
Slew rate off
Ultra low latency 10%

IN GAME
45TO 50% FFB
ZERO LOW FFB
Also set damping to NONE this is for DDwheels
That Is about it …if you have probs message me .
DO you have VR?
I suggest you install the original AMS to see how GOOD the FFB and Physics and AI are
Regards Blue
Edit for VR I suggest you watch Niels Heusinkveld video on youtube it will explain how to download VR and all the settings for the game … PS it is JUST WOW in VR
If anyone has probs PM me

3 Likes

Can someone please thake bathurst and drive the super v8 downhills… I get a very odd graini feel from the car.

Is it game related or my TD settings?

I’m on fresh custom ffb file “rFuktor 3.8” that gave me really nice feeling:
Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

EDITED
Removed my settings per @Panschoin correction below.

His settings are def better:
“In game: gain 30-40 depending on the car, FX 30-35 (higher values produce gaininess), LFB 10-15, Damping (around 5-20).”

Cheers
Bazz :sunglasses:

Thank you Bazz for the feedback. I will try the rFuktor file and give it a shot.

But why you use a low force boost on a direct drive? And 30 FX - is this not to noisy for a simucube?

Low force is recommended starting point and I think it’s strengthens center feeling.
Go through first page of topic that I’ve linked

It got better but the superkart feels wrong. Must test more this week. Thank you!

Guys for the Rfuktor files the suggested TD settings are:

In game: gain 30-40 depending on the car, FX 30-35 (higher values produce gaininess), LFB 10-15, Damping (around 5-20).

3 Likes

I’m just about to download and try this game out for the first time.

I know there were lots of issues when trying to calibrate and assign controls in the early days. Are those bugs fixed now or are there still some rules I need to follow in order to get the SC2 recognised and working?

I just set the wheel to custom and it worked perfect set pedals to separate, calibrate etc, all the buttons were assigned properly the first time setting them and played a few hours today.

Kinda wish you could assign multiple buttons for the same action though (I wish every game had this option ahahh) for different wheels buttons and for if you also have a sequential shifter as well as paddles.

1 Like

No, assign pedals first, and make sure that e-stop button is engaged when assigning axes or wheel can spin uncontrollably.

3 Likes

Thank you for the tips, guys :slightly_smiling_face:

Very early days but my impressions after trying out just a single GT3 car for half an hour is that it’s actually better than I was expecting it to be. I’ve started out with the file and settings linked above by Panschoin above (thanks for posting) and the one thing I did have to change was to set the FX to zero to stop the wheel oscillating and vibrating when the car was sat at standstill.

Noob question for anyone… where would I find the up/down assignments for ABS and TC? I never managed to come across those in the menus.

That is very strange… it is not supposed to oscilate and vibrate at standstill…something must be off… Have you tried different cars? Did you get the last custom file (rfuktor 3.8)?. Btw a new file might be coming in the forum tonight so have a chek later tonight or tomorrow. Iro the abs and tc, i think there should be assignments but i cant be certain…

PS. just checked the ABS/TC ± and i think it only gives the option to assign on/off

1 Like

I’ve only tried a single car (M6 GT3) so it may just be an isolated thing. The vibration wasn’t terrible but the rim would visibly shake when I removed my hands from it.

Unlike most here, I’m still using old firmware (V1.07) so it might even be that. No big deal though as the ffb felt quite nice even with the FX at zero.

I’m using the rfuktor 3.8 file but I’ll keep an eye out for the new file and give it a try for comparison.

Thank you for checking out those assignments for me. I did see the on/off option but that seems like it’s more of an assist than anything else so I left it untouched.

I haven’t visited the Reiza forum for a long time but I’ll head over there to look for some more info and get up to speed with developments.