Automobilista 2 - Simucube 2

Hi Alex,

Yes, the current file is great for most cars, but there are quite a few where it’s not so good, I’ve found afterwards.
We have made some next iteration changes to fix it for almost all, but there is a little more to do to it. If that pans out I hope it will help those cars. Will go and test one of them to see how off they feel to me too.

Which of them is the worst?

I would probably say the Mercedes 190E. If you try to drive on same in-game FFB settings between .34 and .37 it, it’s night and day.

FYI I run True Drive pretty close to what you listed previously. On AMS 2 i’m using 35-40 gain / 5 LFB / 50 Damping / 50 FX

Hey Alex,

New version just posted: https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/silver-raw-6-6-5-38-zip.12084/

If it does not work well enough still, then try adjusted FX upwards & damping down to 25% for a more slightly more dramatic feeling.
But I hope the new file by itself fixes your issue?

1 Like

Hey Alex, just posted an alternate version 39:

https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/silver-raw-6-6-5-39-zip.12094/

would be interested to your your thoughts between them, just send me pm about it if you can.

-K

1 Like

I’m still amazed at the speed at which you output these revisions! So far i’ve only played around with .38 and there is a big improvement in cornering forces and communication from tires compared to .37 on cars like the 190e and M3. Will report back between .39 and .38.

I also just saw that Reiza released a patch today with notes on FFB updates - does this mess any of the efforts on your end?

They did? Cool!
No, it should not. The custom file is a complete rack rewrite.

Oh, also bear in mind you will need much lower in-game gain on that v39 file.
It is an experiment to see what is best for lower end wheel bases.

I’ll give a try for a few weeks, the ffb on ams2 lately has been making my wrists go swollen lol - Thanks

Ok, to make it a little simpler for you these are the files worthy of your time, currently:

Silver Raw files:
https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/silver-raw-6-6-5-39-zip.12094/
https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/silver-raw-6-6-5-38-1-zip.12103/

They are different. V39 is experimental, an attempt for me to learn ups/downs of various car types / wheel bases / preferences.
The v39 is more expressive & creates higher force internally, so you will need gain set lower in-game when using it.
v38 is better for some cars, v39 might be better for some others, the jury is still out.
If you think either fits perfectly, then great, if you feel they both go too far in each their direction, I’ll patch some middle ground file for you.
Please do post me a PM of your findings if your time allows, as it helps me adjusting.

Additionally there is @NuScorpii’s Heavy Messing file:

https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/heavy-messing-v2-5-zip.7841/

Also def. worth checking out.

-K

4 Likes

Thx! I tested for about 2h yesterday on my usual drill and it definitely feels like an improvement from the original ffb. I had also tested another version of your custom ffb, and this one feels much better from what I recall. I will use it more thoroughly though, so far it feels a lot like ams1 (which is pretty neat) :smiley:

1 Like

@kledsen, @Panschoin I just tried the latest custom ffb file (43) for AMS 2 with Panshoin’s SC2 Pro TD settings with the Porsche GT3 R and you guys nailed it! I set my PB at both Spa and the Nordschleife and I’ve never felt such great tire feel before. Thank you so much to you and all who worked on this.

Paul

2 Likes

Thank you Paul for the positive feedback! Keep following the reiza forum for updates as this is an ongoing project with constant improvements. A big thanks also @kledsen for his efforts on this!! It is definitely a huge improvement over the default ffb of AMS2.

1 Like

Panschoin, considering how different the current custom ffb files are compared to past iterations, are you still running similar in-game and true drive settings as you previously listed? To me the Porsche GT3 steering - while very good in terms of road feel, the steering feels quite heavy.

Aacemyan, yes this is a good point. The settings i had posted were for the default ffb, so they are not applicable with the custom files. I actually use TD settings very similar to Kledsen’s i.e.

For in-game for most cars i use LFB 5, FX 55, Damping 50 and gain anywhere from 25 to 55 depending on the car and the custom file. For the GT3 i would say check something between 25-35 or whatever feels better for you. The wheel shouldn’t be too strong especially in lower speeds. Also keep in mind that the first 15-20 seconds of the session the strength might be higher, so wait a couple of corners for it to settle.

2 Likes

Awesome thank you! Those settings to indeed feel a lot better than what I had previously. The custom files really have come a long ways in the last couple weeks and feel even better than Rfactor 2 to me. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Quick update: Some weeks into testing silver raw v6.6.5.39 with a sc2 pro and formula sport rim from cube controls exclusively, I’m varying the weather a bit more now, driving in the rain more than usual, also trying different cars than my usual drills. Still pretty awesome, very informative, far more suited to my taste than the standard ffb at the moment, keep it up guys thx

I was just wondering so as well, last I tried the Reiza pack on rfactor2 the ffb was amazing, and this one feels very similar, I was thinking about making a video comparing actually :rofl:

hi @Panschoin
where did you get that information ? from dev or it is based on your personnal feeling ?

Hi @Pierre, Karsten (Kledsen) has mentioned it already at Reiza forum. I have been helping him in developing the custom files and this happens due to the code. Also in very few cars (e.g. caterham 620) you might even notice sometimes variations in the FFB when restarting sessions. The last few days we are working on different approach, so these issues should be gone.

2 Likes

Recently i’ve switched from having the dampening controlled in the TD software to having the dampening controlled in game (Beta has variable dampening now) and it seems much better. They have said the dampening is non-linear going forward and that seems to be the main difference. Might be worth a try.

1 Like