Automobilista 2 - Simucube 2

like these settings
is there a reason for 400 and not 900 for rotation?

No, just personal preference for low degrees of rotation in all cars. Sometimes I change it back to 900 if I want a more realistic / immersive experience.

Finally had some time 8)
Now I see what you mean that you had just upped the gain in the custom ffb file, did not check earlier what had been done. So I have done the same, just manually now & then I tried disabling the engine vibration, which feels ok too when the road fx is not hidden as much.
I am back on limit slew rate at 0.1 & recon at 0. It is not as big a difference as it was in the beginning, for sure, but itā€™s still there to me & still hiding the digital part to a large degree.

A shame they did not work out wonders on the physics parts yet, and the cars are too different, but at least the ffb is awesome 8)

1 Like

I am having some issue on the latest update 0.9.2.1.
The scrubbing effect is completely gone on slides for me. Using ā€œcustom wheelā€ and ā€œnew defaultā€, fx set to 50%
Am I the only one, or is this some issue in the new update?

Iā€™m on SC1 but, the scrub effects are reduced in the latest build, even with FX at 100%. I had to reduce Recon Filter (From 8 to 3) and Damping in order to feel them again.

I am at recon 0 & they seem completely removed to meā€¦
I have tried FX & LFB, both at 100% on top of this.
Itā€™s the micro-scrubbing that used to happen on slides etc. I donā€™t feel at all now.

LFBā€¦

I anybodyā€™s been annoyed by the over-centering & maybe also the added noise at the center from using the LFB, it seems to me to have been introduced when Reize moved the LFB calculation to after rack force was applied. Itā€™s simple to fix in the custom ffb file.

Attached in case somebody else might find it useful.
ffb_custom_settings.txt (3.8 KB)

The scrub effects are there but, they are very high frequency and can easily be unintentionally filtered out. I suspect a custom FFB-profile will be the best solution for some. Itā€™s clearly been a challenge for Reiza to find a good middle-ground to suit all wheel types.

A little more scrub-effect wouldnā€™t hurt. Iā€™d rather they just implement a few more sliders to suit a wider range of preferences but, Iā€™m afraid the masses wonā€™t have it. Most people just want a ā€œbig red easy buttonā€ when it comes to FFB settings.

1 Like

Hereā€™s my custom ffb file for enhancing the scrub effect. It gives a nice progressive amount of scrub feedback so you can feel when youā€™re reaching the limit. There are scaling values at the top of the ffb file to control the different effects:

(engine_scale 0.3)
(scrub_scale 1.0)
(road_scale 0.4)

To turn an effect off set it to 0. The road effect is just added noise depending on the wheel load and angular velocity. Personal preference if you like that kind of thing. The scrub scale is set fairly high so might need to be set a bit lower if you feel it is overwhelming for you.

This works well for me with the following TD and in game settings:

Gain: 30
LFB: 12
FX: 55

ffb_custom_settings.txt (4.1 KB)

Iā€™ve yet to try the changes @kledsen suggested so might be worth adding that change too.

4 Likes

I think you will like it. As posted in reiza forum it 3rd-ly also impacts those ugly ascillations that jive badly with the recon filter. So when you run recon 1 or above it feels better in some of those road/car combinations.

Unable to edit assignments with a brand new simucube pro 2 (received yesterday). Keep getting the standard message ā€œMultiple inputs were detected. No action was assignedā€.

Deleting the My Docs/Automobilista 2 folder does not have any affect.

Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

Wheel left/right or all assignments?

Did you set whhel to ā€œcustomā€?

Make sure to set wheel type first.
Then set assignments.
Then calibrate.

A little more info might help :wink:

Thanks for the reply. But I may have resolved my issue. There appears to a significant delay in AMS2 detecting the pro 2.

Out of desperation I kept on slowly turning the wheel left then right for about 2-3 minutes. Then, suddenly, the input was recognised. So, I did the same for next input, right then left for 2-3 minutes. That was also recognised.

Now I going to test the pro.

Wish me luck!

1 Like

Good luck!

But there really should be no delay.
Maybe you did not turn the wheel all the way before turning it back?

Maybe it can help you next time you need to do it again :slightly_smiling_face:

Next time try to assign pedals first.

Updated the custom ffb to include the idea from @kledsen. It allows you to adjust how much LFB is applied to the rack though instead of just giving you all or nothing:

###########################################################
#
# Rack LFB Ratio
# Range 0.0 - 1.0
# Alters the influence of the LFB slider on the Rack force
# 0.0 - No LFB applied
# 0.5 - LFB for rack is half strength
# 1.0 - Full LFB setting applied
# rack_force = (rack_force * (1.0 - rack_lfb_ratio)) + (lfb(rack_force) * rack_lfb_ratio)
#
(rack_lfb_ratio 0.5)

I think this gives a good feel across a range of cars with my above TD settings and Gain 30 \ LFB 10 \ FX 50

Try playing about with the rack_lfb_ratio to see if it makes a difference for you.

ETA: Corrected ffb file attachment
ffb_custom_settings.txt (4.7 KB)

Thank you so much @NuScorpii! As a brand new SC2 Pro owner, I canā€™t thank you and @kledsen enough for all of the contributions here. Please excuse my ignorance, but is the custom FFB file you attached the correct one? I didnā€™t see the info you quoted contained within it, and it looks a lot different than your previous custom FFB file. Also, would you mind providing screen shots of the rest of your TD settings? I got the main ones that have been screenshotted above, but I just want to make sure I have the rest correct as well. Thank you so much for everything.

2 Likes

Sorry, yes that was my Project Cars 2 FFB file. Correct one now attached!

Heh, I couldnā€™t help myself & been fixing mine too all morningā€¦
What a crazy time sink!

Anyways, it now feels pretty great again!
Includes @NuScorpiiā€™s nice find for .5 lfb on rack!

Looking forward to Friday for more changes that hopefully will make these files redundantā€¦
Hopefully they will add a REAL scrub effect in the inner code one day 8)

Anyways, attached my latest custom ffb too in case anybody is having fun trying them all out 8)

ffb_custom_settings.txt (4.6 KB)

Hi mobanton. I had these exact same problems as a new Sim racer last year in Project Cars 2. I like a responsive steering, so in True Drive, I have hard bumpstops at around 480 deg or so. It took me DAYS to finally get my Clubsport and Protosimtech pedal assignments working, and FFB working. And I think bouncing off the hard bumpstops might help some with PC2 assignments. For me in PC2, I finally got assignments magically working (canā€™t ID reason for sure), then FFB started working Ok.

This worked for a few months, and I upgraded to an SC2 Ultimate and Ricmotech hydraulic pedals without major assignment problems, etc. Then ā€˜magicallyā€™ again, I started getting problemsā€¦ this time crosstalk between pedals and wheel in PC2. Start to turn left at corner 1 at Laguna Seca, and brakes come on, etc. etc. I took another day to try to resolve problems, and I am the KING of Project Cars 2 control problems (sadly not the solutions though). So I finally QUIT using PC2 after trying EVERYTHING, including new dedicated USB 3.1 card, USB cord changes, Windows 10 File Integrity Checks, Steam Setting and File Integrity checks, Steam reinstalls, etc etc etc. Somebody suggested here a Steam setting change a few weeks ago. I did that. Still NO JOY in PC2.

So Iā€™m using ACC fine without problems, and downloaded AMS2 a few weeks ago and had no real control setup problems. Only suggestion I have are Truedrive bumpstop changes, other than suggestions made here by others. And letā€™s HOPE the severe control assignment and crosstalk problems I had in Project Cars 2 donā€™t eventually show up in AMS2!!! So far Iā€™ve only used AMS2 a couple hrs. without problem, and Iā€™m waiting a while, still, until more major updates are done on AMS2 before I start really using it regularly.

For the nitty gritty details on MY Project Cars 2 problems, check the Simucube 2 Project Cars 2 Discussion board here on the Granite Website maybe 6 months ago or more. Best of luck & fun!
Rick