Automobilista 2 - Simucube 2

Ok give me some time to check this and come back to you in a while.

Indeed you are right at least with the standard car setup, the settings are crap. There is too much understeering going on with this car (Porsche Carerra Cup - 911 GT3 CUP 4.0) and doesnā€™t work at all with these settings. I spent 10 mins to adapt them a bit (GAIN 52, LFB 6, FX 38, Damping 6) and it seems to be somewhat decent now, although this car is not my cup of tea due to the understeering. These changed settings work also very well for 911 GT3R. Anyway I thought i had tested this car before and it worked, or maybe they changed something with the latest updateā€¦ If you are happy with your previous settings and this car maybe you should keep them. I checked also M1 pro car and Merc 190 evo with the previously posted settings and with the correct value for gain they seem to work fine. So, you may want to try these cars as well as the caterham 620R. Let me know if this was of any help to you.

Hey SmartMart,

I agree to your description of the default AMS2 ffb. It feels like the wheels have come lose or like a pendulum. Some people actually like it though, also on high end wheel bases where itā€™s felt the most clearly, so very subjective. Worst cars in this regard are the Porsche cup and the Super V8.
You can try this custom ffb file that addresses those exact issues and make for a much more real feeling for all cars and makes it possible to also drive the porsche cup:

https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/silver-raw-6-6-5-34-zip.11905/

Thereā€™s also a PC2 version of that file, making PC2 feel pretty sweet as well.

Hi Kledsen and Happy New Year mate! I noticed with the 911 CUP that the problem is mostly the stock car setup, the car just under-steers too much with this setup (camber all over the place and too much stiffness). When trying to turn, the car loses traction and goes straight translating to exaggerated looseness and lost ffb, which is reasonable given that the front tires are slipping constantly. Then you try to correct this by overturning the wheel (reasonable again since there is no FFB) which at some point some traction is found snapping the wheel back and causing the pendulum. I have also tried the custom setup in the past (probably you have updated this many times since then), but there was too much resonance/noise, donā€™t know if i messed some setting up.

Hey Panschoin, you too! Hope all is well!

Yes, the custom file has been updated a lot lately & is now at a completely different level than ever, also that version linked to before should not have too much noise at all. Itā€™s very subtle, yet also detailed. Very nice, imho. Worth noting that itā€™s not an ā€œoverlayā€ on top of the existing stuff, but a completely different implementation of the entire rack, road & effects.
You should def. try it again :+1:

Reg. the pendulum effect, then you can bring it down a lot by setup in AMS2, but you cannot remove it. It is how the FFB is calculated in AMS2 that is ā€œwrongā€, from my perspective. By that I mean for how I like it to feel. The pendulum never goes away, but is there on all cars, actually, no matter setup, just that you can tone it down so that it is ā€œgoneā€, but that is relatively speaking. Some people really do like it & I am sure it feels ok on cheaper wheel bases too, as you prob. want things far exaggerated on those sometimes.

Anyways, Happy New Year again & good to hear from you!

1 Like

I will definitely check it mate, you know that i always like to try settings :wink:. Any suggested TD and ingame settings to go with it?
For the pendulum i totally agree with your comments.

My personal TD settings I have 0% on all filters.
Then:
Force at 100%.
Recon at 1.
And unlimited slew rate.

In game:
Gain: 25-50%, depends on the car.
~25% for very high df cars, like V10/V12
~30% for P1ā€™s.
~40% for GT3ā€™s.
~50% for caterhams, but those cars are the worst showcase of the AMS 2 ā€œsuspensionā€, so donā€™t drive them that muchā€¦ The physics on them are weird. Same cars in PC2 feels 1mm times better.

LFB: 0-50%, depends on the car.
~0% for V10/V12.
~3-5% for GT3ā€™s & P1ā€™s.
~10-30% for caterhams. But they still suck.

Damping: 50%. This is the ā€œneutralā€ setting & feels most natural.

FX: 50%.

I like a somewhat strong feeling steering wheel & I have a heavy/slightly big one, so for in-game gain you might want to go lower than my suggestions above.

I hope this helps :+1:

2 Likes

Awesome mate, i will try them soon and let you know how they feel for me!
Many thanks

1 Like

Ok gave them a go, there is definitely an huge improvement in 911 Cup when it comes to the understeering feeling, but its impossible for me to control the tail in case of oversteer. The wheel feels quite numb in such situations. I tried with less damping but not much is happening. Obviously such cars are not supposed to go sideways but stillā€¦ I guess for high DF cars the custom file and your settings are good enough. The caterham btw was just awful as you said alreadyā€¦With my settings and default ffb file, it is quite ok though. Anyway the situation reminds me of PC2 where different cars needed very different settingsā€¦but it is what it isā€¦
Cheers Kledsen!

I think the over-steer is over-done normally, but you can use the ā€œover_steer_scaleā€ to adjust it higher to maybe 1.5 or 2.0. If you really want it much higher. Also the lateral forces you can adjust up to maybe 0.08.
But thereā€™s not much point. If you like the Default then you almost certainly will not like this custom file much, since they aim for very different things :+1:

Yeah, i will check the scales for sure. The issue is not which FFB file is better, but rather which file is better for each car. As i said earlier (without extensive testing) i think your file/settings should work better for high downforce stiff cars (with maybe some tweaking to match my taste). For more loose cars maybe the default file is better out of the boxā€¦ That is practically what i hate in AMS2, some cars have great ffb and are good fun, others are impossible to drive and i will need to change everything to get some decent feeling (for example i havenā€™t yet been able to find the sweetspot for Maclaren F1 -road car). Maybe things are easier with lower end wheelbases. In any case, i always enjoyed your work and respect the time you have put in these projects, so i will need to investigate this a lot more before reaching to any conclusions. I ll keep you posted mate!

1 Like

Hey Panschoin,

Iā€™ve made some changes & found a nasty bug, this file has a much higher chance of hitting your marks too:
https://forum.reizastudios.com/attachments/silver-raw-6-6-5-34-zip.11905/

Let me know if it works better for you, if your time permits :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

Best from DK,

-K

3 Likes

Sure thing mate, i ll come back to you asap :grinning:.
Best from GR,
P

1 Like

Karsten, the 2nd file is day and night from the 1st (there was something seriously wrong with it as you saidā€¦) and from the initial implementations many months back. So, now i see your point and wow it is definitely in the right direction. With some quick testing with few cars, i can say it is way better that the default ffb. I think this is a great base that i can work on and find the sweet spot for most if not all cars. Still i have a lot of testing/tuning to do to bring things to my liking, but man that is some great work!!! :+1: :+1: :+1:
Thank you for your work!!!

1 Like

Hehe, I didnā€™t expect you to turn around fully :slightly_smiling_face:
But to me it does feel much better as well. It really has been just a lot of small steps forward, a step backwards and forwards again. So many details to correct in the process.
Still I think Default is prob. better for some people and also for some cheaper wheel bases mainly.

Iā€™m happy you did give it a 2nd chance :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Come on man, you know already that i like to get to the bottom of things. And when you say that something is good, i know better not to give up with the 1st try. Seriously, though the custom file has come a long way and kudos for it. With the default one, i felt that i had maxed out all possible combos and some cars felt just meh even with detailed setupsā€¦ So, now with this custom file i feel that i have more options to fine tune things. Still we know that we have different driving styles and tastes, i am more a tail happy guy and find value in controlling slides. But even without fiddling the settings, i was at least able to drive cars that before was impossible to control with the default ffb file. This week I have some time to spend on this and i can come back to you with my findings/suggestions.
All the best!

2 Likes

As always, nice work keeping up with the updates and for sticking with AMS2 custom ffb. Itā€™s been a very fluid situation for sure. Iā€™m not able to test the results currently, due to medical issues but, I look forward to doing so when I can manage it. I have saved almost all the custom versions youā€™ve created. :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Kledsen,
Just tried your TD settings with the latest silver-raw-the-king-6.6.5.36 custom ffb file. Really liked it a lot. Much greater sense of the tires scrubbing in the corners. Lap times went down! Iā€™ve tested it with the Mercedes GT3 and GT1 at Imola so far. Will try out more options. Thanks for all your great work and sharing it back with the community :smiley:

1 Like

hello kledsen,

ve just downloaded silver-raw-the-king-6.6.5.37 from reiza forum.
could u please detail what does MidLevel, LowEnd, HighEnd mean ? im SC pro user. could you confirm i have to switch from ā€œdefaultā€ to ā€œcustomā€ using your file.
also what are you using at ā€œcontroler dampingā€ and "controller vibrationā€™ into controller menu not FFB menu.

regards

Hi Pierre,

High level file for high end equipment.
& Yes, you have to copy the .txt file to the automobilista 2 folder & then restart the game from scratch and go to the FFB menu & change ā€œDefaultā€ to ā€œCustomā€.
Those controller settings are for other digital controllers, not steering wheels, so no need to worry about them.

Hope this helps!

-K

1 Like