Automobilista 2 - Simucube 2

1 Like

Anyway, ffb is not bad per se, I think the main issue Reiza must overcome is the physics implementation into Madness engine…I still feel hints of the self-correct rear, to the point it is quite impossible to loose and spin even an f1 v10 with cold tires…
also, the only direct input the sim uses is spring, which if activated makes the auto centering even worse.
Lastly : do the “driving aids” work as in rf2, so they need to be turned off because any car works with her tc/abs? And why the heck tc and abs are in % in tuning menu??

1 Like

one more thing : what is the difference - if any - between default and custom ffb?

Cutom ffb setting is leftover from PC2. I don’t think there’s any difference between default and custom FFB unless you fiddle with the custom file. It is advised to use default profile at the moment.

Regarding TC, ABC in the tuning menu it’s temporary add should not have any effect if you’ve chosen Authentic aids.

As of DI once I’m playing Automobilista 2 none are being shown as active so I don’t think there’s any effect on FFB either.

All this information is in the Reiza sub-forum but I don’t know if everyone has access to it.

Thanks for the settings. I’ll try them out.

Have you tried SC, SV8 or Ultima yet? How do you find the FFB for those cars?

1 Like

so, being testing a lot so far.
best cars : ultima race but in particular the street version for me is at ams1 standard, both ffb and physics, which gives me hope for future state of the sim.
I just drove nearly 20 laps on testing session with f1 v10 at suzuka, had a really great time.
below are my latest sc2 sport td settings, the best I got so far, just one important tip : I know it may sounds strange for any DD wheel, but setting LOW FORCE BOOST ingame at around 5 to 10% - with gain at 50/55% - can bring a lot of subtle nuances to the ffb that otherwise would be lost.
also, default ffb feels a lot less rough than custom - might be placebo though…
try and please tell me how you find those settings, maybe begin with the same car/track combo I just mentioned and the same ingame ffb values.

3 Likes

found this in Reiza forum :

7 Likes

It is recommended to do axis assignments with the e-stop pressed, that also helps a lot…

7 Likes

Totally agree, the FFB feels very weird to me, almost like stock Forza ffb

1 Like

Simucube 2 pro here.
I been trying all day to get it to work. I try to assign left and right and takes a couple of trys before it registers . Once on track the FFB feels like there is a spring holding me back after 90 degrees of turn or so.

I am using the default TD Automobilista settings .

1 Like

Good Tip Mika, I wasn’t sure the inputs would still register in-game when the e-stop is enabled.

Is it safe to assume that’s also the case with SC1?

Yes, same applies to all games.

1 Like

Mika . You guys working with AMS 2 already . Or still they havent reply ?

We are working with them, and FFB interface and device “plug&play” support is still work in progress.

However, I’m not really able to say what they can do with regards to the Madness engine limitations regarding FFB feel.

5 Likes

Maybe Jack Spades custom FFB tweaks can be used to make things better? Remember back in the days they made PC2 FFB much better.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51628-Jack-Spade-Custom-FFB-Files

Maybe, but I’d rather wait for the development team for AMS2 to finish their development for the base FFB implementation before messing it any more with 3rd party mods.

2 Likes

what I find most frustrating about AMS2 is the general lack of real challenge in driving any car…I hope Reiza will work mostly on the physics than the ffb, which will be a consequence of that.

2 Likes

No, Reiza made significant changes to the way the FFB works in AMS2 (vs.Pcars). The FFB is generally much better than in Pcars, closer to AMS1 imo. The trick is to get the balance of Gain vs. Low Force Boost (LFB) correct. LFB at 50% (default) is a good start but, it does require us to reduce the gain further (try 25%).

LFB in AMS2 does not compress the lower range of FFB like Min-Force does. It increases certain effects within the FFB, some of which are needed for good results. Many try to keep LFB at zero and that does not work well - especially not with some cars, and even less so with Direct-drive wheels.

I imagine Reiza will make revisions to the FFB but, for now, this is what works for those of us that have been beta testing AMS2 for the last month using DD-wheels.

1 Like

@SuperMonaco_GP - check that assists are off/realistic. Especially stability control, makes cars go on rails.

Is it normal for the wheel to feel like a spring resistance after assigning left & right .? Can anyone pls confirm .

Specially after i assign Left the wheel bounces back hard and then everything feels like a spring holding it back . Its normal before assigning .

Enable the e-stop while assigning axis. Should help with calibration too.

2 Likes