Assetto Corsa Competizione

Thanks for the settings guys. Have tried @Mirek_Kowal and feels more planted and smoother than my previous ones.

We don’t need recon 8 to feel smooth FFB. For me balance is important between smoothnes and details.

sorry for the question, but how do you “use” ac post process on acc? do you just paste the file in doc/cfg and it’s done?

Exactly. It will work same way it works in AC. Paste the ini file into My Docs/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder.

It is possible to use it since version 1.0.2:

You don’t need to close the game in order to feel the difference. Just need to exit the track, change the value in ini file and enter track again. I’d say the best setting is the number which makes your wheel start rattling if you let it go in a straight line of a track, when it starts to rattle, you know it is the right value, then you bring it down one or two notches. If start to rattle at 0.85, you drop it to 0.87 then. The higher the number, lower is the effect.

1 Like

Hello!

I use a rather unconventional setup for ACC. It may look strange for a Simucube but i suggest to try it and tell me about your findings! I use a positive gamma value in the ff_post_process.ini, because it acts like the “reduce static forces” setting from the simucube 2 software. (at least i think so ;-)) Then i tried to finetune the effects with the use of “Minimal Force”, “Dynamic Damping” and “Road Effects”.

For me it feels like Rfactor 2 but with a little more weight in the steering, think its even better than RF2!

Tell me what you think!
Greets,
Steffen

Small Update:

Simucube Settings:
Damping 1.0%
Friction 1.0%
Inertia 1.0%

ff_post_process.ini:
Gamma Value=1.3

Ingame:
“Force Feedback Gain” = 65

Rest unchanged!

Ps: Forgot to mention, i have a small Mige with SinCos.

min force 5%? why? isn’t the wheel super notchy around the center?

No, not with this settings…try it! :wink:

Yes, very unconventional, but I’ll give it a try.

Small update to my settings above!

Since the last update I get a humming sound around the center and very tight feeling. Anyone already good setting after the update?
I use the setting form Mirek, btw.

I reinstalled the game from scratch last night, did a few laps and noticed there’s not road feel or curb feel at all. I can bounce a curb at Nring and the wheel doesn’t care. I was using the 720s GT3 with aggressive setup. I also can’t feel any load in the wheel and there’s no torque being applied at initial steering input. Is there some json file setting I need to tweak to make this work with SC1 motors?

please post your settings , simucube and acc

No json or ini file changes.

what version of simucube is this ? you have small or large mige ?

20nm biss-c encoder. added a bit of oc to get the 14amp current. It’s been like that since i got it.

You should set Amps in Granity to Max 12.86 for small Mige.

1 Like

i would start by setting minimum force from 3% to 0

i would also set other filters (damp,fr,inertia) to 0

personal preference would be to lower that recon filter , 1 maybe but that’s up to you.

since we don’t have the same motor i can’t recomend exact strength but you should try with lower max current. Try with 6 or 7A and if you need increase a bit the gain.

I appreciate the support. I took your suggestions and found that on center was too loose so added interia in SC1. This helped with the weighting but the biggest issue I have currently is no front end feel. In AC1, I can easily feel the front loading up, build up of chatter and then going into a state of understeer. In ACC, everything just feels numb. I switched from the 720s to the 488 and it was even worse. While I got some detail in FFB over the McLaren with regards to bumps and road surface the front end was very binary. I’d have load in the wheel and then it quickly lightens at the first signs of understeer.

So the feel of progression with the front end is what I’m lacking. It’s like there’s a mattress between me and the car that’s soaking up all the details and giving me a weighted but numb feeling.

it doesn’t have the same feel as ac1 though. i don’t like inertia at all personally. by lowering the overall strength in simucube it was going to become more loose in the center but you could compensate that by increasing the gain inside the game. You could also increase the road effects in an attempt to get more feel but since the developers decided to ditch the slip effects , do not expect to feel those as profound as Ac1.

Try lowering steerlock to 720 and see if it has any difference , i never had that at 900 since acc has only gt3 cars.

ah ok. I rely on the slip effects in AC1 so thats’ probably my biggest issue. I’ll try some more of your tweaks other settings in here to see if I can get close. On a good side, I got it to work in VR ok enough so that’s a minor win. Just glad there’s not fps counter in the game :slight_smile:

1 Like