Assetto Corsa Competizione

what version of simucube is this ? you have small or large mige ?

20nm biss-c encoder. added a bit of oc to get the 14amp current. It’s been like that since i got it.

You should set Amps in Granity to Max 12.86 for small Mige.

1 Like

i would start by setting minimum force from 3% to 0

i would also set other filters (damp,fr,inertia) to 0

personal preference would be to lower that recon filter , 1 maybe but that’s up to you.

since we don’t have the same motor i can’t recomend exact strength but you should try with lower max current. Try with 6 or 7A and if you need increase a bit the gain.

I appreciate the support. I took your suggestions and found that on center was too loose so added interia in SC1. This helped with the weighting but the biggest issue I have currently is no front end feel. In AC1, I can easily feel the front loading up, build up of chatter and then going into a state of understeer. In ACC, everything just feels numb. I switched from the 720s to the 488 and it was even worse. While I got some detail in FFB over the McLaren with regards to bumps and road surface the front end was very binary. I’d have load in the wheel and then it quickly lightens at the first signs of understeer.

So the feel of progression with the front end is what I’m lacking. It’s like there’s a mattress between me and the car that’s soaking up all the details and giving me a weighted but numb feeling.

it doesn’t have the same feel as ac1 though. i don’t like inertia at all personally. by lowering the overall strength in simucube it was going to become more loose in the center but you could compensate that by increasing the gain inside the game. You could also increase the road effects in an attempt to get more feel but since the developers decided to ditch the slip effects , do not expect to feel those as profound as Ac1.

Try lowering steerlock to 720 and see if it has any difference , i never had that at 900 since acc has only gt3 cars.

ah ok. I rely on the slip effects in AC1 so thats’ probably my biggest issue. I’ll try some more of your tweaks other settings in here to see if I can get close. On a good side, I got it to work in VR ok enough so that’s a minor win. Just glad there’s not fps counter in the game :slight_smile:

1 Like

hello guys. can someone provide good settings for ACC? I decided to fire it up again but no matter what settings in Simucube and in game I try I cant feel what car is doing. Maybe I get accustomed to AMS ffb which is mindblowing and now acc feels meh.. I remember in the past even I posted good settings here but none of them work becouse ffb has changed very much. Except from visual stuff I dont know what car is doing in corners, not to mention how many times I spin when get my foot on gas after slow corners. This is not present in any other sim, ffb has gone very very bad for us osw users or is it just me? thanks

There is very little sense of under-steer in ACC, especially if using too much Recon Filter or dampening. Most say the Dynamic Dampening in ACC should be set as low as possible (Zero) in order to have some subtle grip-loss feeling.

Just becouse of that I use rcon filter 1, dynamic dampening at 0. All I can feel is road surface. I see acc is getting more and more love, pretend to be online competitor to iracing but with this ffb I don’t know how that will happen. I never suspect that this is osw issue, probably on belt and gear drivrn wheels is worse. But how then people find this sim so good? That’s why I asked about settings becouse something is very wrong.

The ffb in ACC is not to my liking either but, it does get a lot of praise. Perhaps it offers some advantage with mainstream wheels, I don’t know. I’ve also tested it using an AccuForce and the results were very similar to SimuCube with barely any under-steer or scrub detail to be had.

I don’t think any of us have anything particularly wrong or missing in our settings.

I’m using the SC2 and an am one of those users who gives ACC a lot of praise for its FFB but I will say that the way understeer is communicated is by far the most lacking effect when compared to oversteer, bumps and road feel etc.

Subjectively for me, servo torque reduction is the only thing that’s felt during understeer. There isn’t any kind of scrubbing or skipping effect like we have come to know from the original AC.

If there was a certain setting or slider that could improve that aspect, I think one of us would have discovered it by now and I don’t think any of us are missing or doing something wrong.

Another subjective thing I’ve found is that the vehicle selected makes a difference in how well understeer is communicated. For me personally, the Bentley and Nissan do it best and only give a slight fall off in motor torque whereas the Aston or Porsche give me a feeling that the servo is almost being switched off temporarily until grip is regained.

I’d be interested to know if you guys feel the same things.

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I’ve been going on about Paul. As a “front end” driver, the game is generally non communicative. Sure I can stitch together a lap based on just knowing how to drive but I can’t attack at all because I have no feel for front end progression. There’s no chatter, scrub, etc. Just weight to no weight like a light switch. I’ve asked a couple of times to just add the AC FFB effects back into the game so people can adjust to their liking but never got a response.

2 Likes

For me ffb can easily be described like you feel or dont feel wight on the wheel. There is road surface present even with 0% road effects, and its present by far the most compared to any other sim. But what use we have of that when while turning we dont know what the car is doing, like I said in my previous post, there is not any other sim where I spin like this. Its not that I made mistakes while driving, I simply don`t know when is right time to press the gas pedal and how much. I am curious if someone have backup wheel like Thrustmaster or Logitech to see if there is any difference with ffg feel. Btw for anyone who is interested about good ffb, AMS 2 become more and more polished, I simply enjoy every car there, so intuitive and informative in the same time, I think AMS 2 will throw every other sim behind if the features like championships, online and other stuff work properly.

I’ve engaged in multiple debates in the AC/ACC forums regarding additional under-steer cues for those that want them but, Kunos made it crystal clear that they were not going to provide them and many in the AC/ACC community rallied behind Kunos to pressure dissenters to be quiet or just leave the official forums.

They still use the fall-off effect in ACC to some extent. IMO, that effect’s range is way too narrow and vague to be as communicative as many of us would like. Personally, I love having the slip-effect in AC, as the vibration-levels are adjustable and provide a very clear indicator, while still being totally optional for the users.

The end result for me is that I just don’t feel very connected to the virtual car in ACC, so I’d much rather spend my limited time playing other titles such as rF2 / AMS / R3E, or AC. It’s really disappointing because ffb aside, ACC has much to offer.

3 Likes

There is a lot to like about ACC but if I can’t get the most organic part of a sim, the ffb, to feel right, the rest is a distant second. I get no joy out of the actual driving so dragging myself to it feels more of a chore than a pleasure.

Let’s hope down the road they add those back in so people can adjust them to their subjective liking. I never understood the most subjective element of sim racing needs to be limited in adjust-ability. Who is it hurting? maybe @pankykapus can tell us if they have changed their view on this at all?

1 Like

Exactly, allow the customer to have the FFB how they enjoy it most. So long as such effects are optional, why should others care that we may utilize some secondary effects(?)

Perhaps they see it as a form of cheating or having an unfair advantage in competition, I don’t know. For me, it’s about immersion and the overall experience, not winning or being the best driver.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

3 Likes

I don’t belive they will change anything assuming sales are growing they don’t need to mess up with good selling product. When I see videos on youtube how people enjoy and praise the game I am asking myself am I missing something? That’s why I asked for settings that actually work but there is same issue for us all I see. Thanks guys for all info and personal experience with the sim :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The Emperor’s new clothes syndrome.
Can’t understand the praise either, AC delivers much more on that front.

3 Likes

I believe there is a little bit of relativism here. I was on a race over the weekend that had a number of iRacing fans in the ACC race. The chatter was that the curb behavior was debilitating. My take away was that some games are more forgiving at the curbs (whether that’s realistic or not, I can’t say) while others are more easily upset. If your sim of choice allows you to drive consequence free over sausage curbs, then you are probably going to think one that bounces you out is rubbish. (Personally, I’ve just learned through practice what I can get away with instead of butting my head against the wall hoping the game will somehow behave like a different title on the next lap).

Similarly, if you are used to a certain sensation in one title relative to understeer, a game that doesn’t exhibit the same sensation will be deemed either different at best and rubbish at worst. I was just experimenting with dialing up additional aero weight on the front tires of the Porsche in ACC and the “feel” changes. The car then is unmanageable in other ways, but the feedback character from the front tires can be enhanced. If front wheel feel can be modified by aero adjustments, I have to believe there is some secret sauce in the SC2 adjustments that can deliver the desired feel that one craves. I too know the “on-ice” feel at understeer, but there are so many more things the title does well that I’m willing to keep fiddling with it.

2 Likes