Assetto Corsa and SimuCUBE

I know it was an easy ini edit lol.
I know i have the best lap time in me today…

It’s ok i fixed it.

Does anybody have any good settings for drifting in assetto with the simcube? I would be interested to see what all of you have for that. Thank you

from what i have found out , changing the coil resistance and to 2,333 and coil inductance to 5,086 inside granity software provides a better experience than using the values from the spec sheet of the mige servo motor.

Loukas, is this for small, large, or both Mige motors?

Thank you.

Big for sure but i am confident that it wprks great for small aswell. Save your settings into a drc file and then change those values and give it a try.

Were those values lower or higher than the values you previously had there? Did you use the automatic measurement or were the previous values from a datasheet?

The values from the mige datasheet were not that great, alot oscilations. Built in measurement was not that far away from the specs. I found those values in the drc files from simracingbay and worked really great. Hope it helps someone.

Link with the drc here https://www.dropbox.com/s/9vv4uuwhhsofpa0/SinCos%20Encoder%20Manual.pdf

Ofc you can use those drc if you have the same psu and sincos . if not just try altering these 2 values.

Sorry for not answering all the questions. The values before were lower

I think I found some little tweaks to my last simucube ffb update! I will test some more today and post them up later :wink:

8 Likes

Is there atm an ioni firmware that works as "IONI firmware 1.6.30 implements the new regenerative resistor driving algorithm, which is always on. " ?

In the same post, I explained that we changed that new routine to be used only in extreme cases, and it has been like that since the 1.7.x line of Ioni firmware was released.

so does that mean that ioni firmware 1.6.1 dated 30.8.2017 ver code : 10601 , works with the regenerative resistor driving algorithm always on ? i want to test something.

There is always some algorithm driving it, otherwise the transistors would burn because of overvoltage generated by the motor.

The algorithm was totally changed in 1.6.30 beta, people complained that it hurt the feeling, and we mixed them so that only the very extreme case would use the new algorithm.

We do not recommend testing anything crazy with earlier versions. SimuCUBE firmware will also overwrite the version on IONI if it is too old.

i am aware of both your points. i would have downgraded simcube to earlier version that uses former ioni firmware. Thanks for your input,

Of course it would be interesting to know what you are going to test and how, and what the expected result will be. We should verify that you won’t run into any hardware reliability issues when testing old IONI firmwares.

I’ve just done couple days of testing BISS-C encoder! Got to say its the same awesome feeling like when I’ve upgraded my rigs from 10k to sincos. It provides much more surface information and wheel rotation especially when returning to center from slides is a lot more realiastic. Overall the whole driving feel is getting more and more refined and I cannot be happier for all the work it has been done by @Mika and others in the process.

Relating to my last post about ffb tweaks I started using 4700hz on 10k encoders and sincos, but biss-c has a lot more to offer in the whole feedback range so I changed it to Unlimited. All other effects are disabled except from friction at 0.50 or 1.00… still havent decided on that. In game all dampings at 0.00 and overall feedback 32%.

If you have some questions and Im not replying here you can reach me quicker on facebook - “LAR555”.

5 Likes

Everyone has a different experience with hardware based on their individual setup, simulator choice, driving style, etc, but note that per Tommi there is no difference between simcos and BISS-C other than it not needing a phasing period. I wonder (suspect) that most of your improved feeling is from other settings like switching to Unlimited or other simucube firmware/in-game options, or the all-powerful placebo + additional experience and testing evolving your interpretation of FFB.

There’s a lot of technical info in that thread beyond the abilities of my meager brain chemistry, but the idea that there is as significant of an incremental step from sincos to biss-c as with 10k to sincos seems unlikely.

I know what you mean and thats what I always suspect… But I have rigs with 10k encoder , Sincos and bissc standing side by side and a few racing drivers that I’m coaching approved my thesis over the last.few days… The most significant diference in feeling that you get instantly is the amount of infirmation to the wheel you get from the road. I always test the cars and force feedback on Nordschleife. On the last straight when you’re full throttle let go the wheel and there is all the difference crystal clear between all three encoders even on the same ffb settings.
And then all of the sudden drivers who were always a bit slower in reactions can catch porsche cup slides (like they do in reality) which was almost impossible until this day.

I guess I’ll have to make a comparison video to tell you exactly what I mean :slight_smile:

LAR555

4 Likes

LAR555, have you tried unlimited with the SinCos, wouldn’t going from 4700hz give you this anyway?

a) ok I’m jealous now - when should I come over to drive myself?
b) video would be interesting - I know Barry R did a video on the hardware update, though I’ve not had a chance to watch it as yet.

I’ll give your settings a go. remember trying a while back and not matching my style, but not feeling the vibe with my current setup for some reason - too many firmware changes, tweaking, etc it’s easy to lose your baseline.