Assetto Corsa and Simucube 2

LOL, some are quite ‘interesting’ indeed.
Which one have you tried already?
Almost as we need community rating for different settings.
I am quite happy with mine, but it’s based on my previous settings carried over from OSW days and some new params from default profile.
When you start understanding basic principles and effect of individual filters, tuning is just matter of finding what suits your personal preferences, not one size fits all thing.

2 Likes

Andrew, I’m using the settings from @Exact-Performance, posted here, with one change being a 1080 dor:

https://community.granitedevices.com/t/assetto-corsa-and-simucube-2/2956/36?u=esxpaul

Try mine posted above as a start, those you linked are not optimal, 100% FFB in AC is guaranteed signal clipping. Try to copy all AC settings exactly, including damper (important as AC has a bug with some damper still present after car moves, polluting the signal)
You can vary controlling overral force via game and leaving TD at max or using around 70 or so in game so you have headroom and lowering in TD. I prefer the former oprion but that’s just a personal choice,
AC ffb really shines with SC2.

Andrew, I owe you an apology.

You mentioning 100% in game gain didn’t sound right to me. That made me go back and recheck the link I posted which was to settings I definitely am not using :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I even said 1080 dor when it’s actually 1180.

It’s been a few months since I’ve used AC but I’ve just checked what I was running most recently:

Sorry for causing any confusion. My brain must have been working even less than usual when I posted that :roll_eyes:

I will take your recommend settings, transfer them to a new AC profile and give them a shot the next time I fire it up. Many thanks.

2 Likes

Does road effect feel decent to you? For me it seems like a weird vibration rubber feel, “very undefined”. But I also have my game at 70% main gain and turn cars down ingame so maybe that changes how effects feel

Hi emiljensen2 what recon filter do you use if 4 or above try a lower setting…should help with that rubber feeling

Eureka! - tried all of the above and combination

this is what I ended with, no clipping, amazing feel. enjoyment level up 100%

what brakes you have?

Wave Italy Pedals

http://shop.waveitaly.com/en/pedals/16-wave-impetus-monza.html

i think what he wants to tell you is to put that brake gamma at 1

2 Likes

oh ok, never paid attention top that before

With 100% gain in game you will get clipping.
Minimum force is for low end wheels like G27, you don’t need it with DD.
Ultra Low latency is weird, I suggest to turn it off.
The rest is up to your liking.
Don’t forget to turn on Gyro

Was hearing clipping beep under certain conditions when in game was 20-30% and TD 25-32Nm.
With in game at 100% and TD reduce don’t hear the beeps anymore.

I checked the .ini file for gyro and its on.

The cars feel so natural now, and love catching the slides and even drifting a bit. The kerbs and road surface feels nice too. And crashes are not harsh, but still feel bumps from other cars.

I tried different Nm values in TD and 8.2Nm felt most natural to me.

Min force, i can set to zero. Will change ULL as well and see what affect it has

That is not right, higher settings in game means higher percentage of the signal, this is what TD supposed to report as clipping when it goes over 100%.
No idea to be honest what is going on, never experienced anything you see with OSW or SC2.

1 Like

Road effects slider amplifies vertical suspension movement, that includes road mesh that you probably start feeling now.
Traditionally in AC it was recommended to have it at 0%, even Stefano was advising against any effects to get the cleanest signal. I have started adding it recently to match ACC FFB, with a little road effect they become remarkably close.
To tame it down you can either lower or disable it altogether or try adding more recon filter to smooth it out.
Try to set in AC setings Damper max force to 0, you will lose stationary damper but that will clean up some extra noise when car is moving. AC has bug when some damper still present in motion.

2 Likes

Spent good portion of the day tuning AC and SC2 Pro.
Everyone has different idea of perfect FFB, mine is maximized details with no noise or digital artifacts. After playing with recon filter and effects in AC I have to admit that Stefano was right on the money and it’s better to have all effects off as this is what introduces all that digital noise @emiljensen2 was referring to.
So as with everything, less is more. :grinning:
Results of the tuning, very good details, minimum filtering, no artificial noise.
Raise Recon filter if you prefer smoother feel.
And add some Slip Effect like 10% for some nice shudder when tires losing grip.

4 Likes

I tried these settings today and back to back with my settings for few hours. Switching back and forth.

I found these to have too much of a rubberband feel on the steering wheel. Also the torque was unrealistic.

There is some merit to these after i dialed down the torque and increase the friction.

I dont know if testing will ever end with true drive …lol

The true beauty of SC2 and True Drive software, flexibility, you can find settings for anyone’s taste.
I’ll try to play with friction as some cars indeed have that SAT jerk when tires grip after slide.

Unfortunately the only way to slow down that wheel kick back when tires start gripping is extra dampening, not friction, makes sense as Dampening is dynamic force and increases proportionally to the force applied.
There is one more thing to play with. AC by default is only using DirectInput dampening when stationary, you can override that by setting Minimum Damper Force to non zero value.

If you don’t use CM (God forbid :scream:), equivalent in assetto_corsa_ini
And disable Other Filters/Damping in TD, keep DirectInput one at 100%.

See what you like better.

2 Likes

Hi guys

just wanted to share some AC settings that I’m really happy with. They aren’t perfect but the closest I’ve gotten to it for this sim on the SC2 pro. Feels good for both road and race cars. Worth a shot if nothing shared here so far has appealed to your tastes

Happy new year in advance!

2 Likes