Assetto Corsa and Simucube 2

It can be combined or separate, but Mika mentioned few times already that it’s completely new code base.
Looking forward to it, hopefully it brings improved filters like long promised Recon v2, and new features, perhaps even telemetry based FFB, otherwise what’s the point of all this work.

Do you expect the new code will have totally different filters then? Or basically the same ones, but programmed absolutely different, working not at all how they are at the moment?

Maybe this software will come hand to hand with a new hardware, who knows…

But it still has to serve the existing hardware, I’m not worried tbh.
If it doesn’t, the existing solution is absolutely ok for me. Like @Andrew_WOT wrote: don’t fix it if it’s broken (although he meant it maybe differently).
If we, as customers in general, always pressure for new releases we also risk that we finally end up with something overtuned. Best would be a perfectly programmed game, where the FFB is just perfect, and we leave it untouched.
There will be always new hardware, regardless of what products there are: DD manufacturers have to sell new products, steering wheel guys aswell, pedal dudes also

Yes, its a completely new code base.

We are now evaluating on how to proceed with development. We would very much like to get some new features and improvements for Simucube 2 in the short term. Porting the new code base to the Simucube 2 hardware seems to be a rather huge task, so lets see what kind of roadmap we come up with.

2 Likes

Interesting, but is it doable?

If you say it’s difficult to port the new code to the Simucube 2, are you talking about the pedal code combining with the Simucube 2 code?
Or do you say that the new hardware code itself is a difficult thing to make it work with the Simucube 2?
That it will be an absolute new code is something we know from beginning of this thread. What we don’t know is if you have written something for the Simucube 2 already, regardless of what type it is, standalone or combination.

@Andrew_WOT: what will you do if the outcome is also the end of the version you are using? And it’s something that makes registration mandatory?

The pedal uses different microcontroller manufacturer, of which the low level drivers are made with completely different ideology than the drivers that were used on microcontrollers used on Simucube 2. And the software must be able to still utilize the “old” bootloaders, those we cannot risk re-flashing in firmware updates, and the bootloaders use different API for firmware updates. And there are also other quirks that are different in the hardware platforms.

But this is becoming off topic for this thread. More discussion will be revealed when we have finally decided on the path we will take.

1 Like

Thanks but now im even more confused with all the acronyms, SW and FW?

So far i was using the Truedrive software: https://granitedevices.com/wiki/Simucube_2_True_Drive_releases

If you talk about FW do you mean this here by any chance: https://granitedevices.com/wiki/SimuCUBE_firmware_releases

Is there a difference in how the Simucube “code” works or something? Or is it a completly different software for using a Simucube? Or is that something related to Simucube 1 devices but also works with SC2?

Simucube 2 True drive is both the firmware and the PC software for the Simucube 2. The other stuff you linked is older stuff for Simucube 1.

Maybe one of the best apps ever for Assetto Corsa:

BMIG (brake migration) and Diff control in the car setup section, before driving:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/car-data-script-f1-bmig-and-diff-control.56066/update/105102/

Major update: now its possible to change differential for entry, mid and highspeed turns while driving. Same for brake migration.
On top of the video, in the center, you can see the changes. Very easy through addressing buttons

I’ve tried these settings but if the car oversteers, the wheel moves so fast that causes friction buns in my hands, how can I slow the wheel down?

Use vanilla Gyro, not CM “corrected” from FFB Tweaks. You can also add more dampening on the top but usually with vanilla Gyro it’s not necessary.

1 Like

Or simply add friction from TD, that’s what it is for. I don’t use any of the gyroscopic effects, but as always, it’s also a question of your steering wheel and the car you use. Plus in-game and TD settings of course.

And using gloves is maybe also a good measure.

Friction - constant force opposing rotation
Damper - proportional to rotation speed opposing force
Both have their place, Friction is great for adding “weight” to the wheel, Damper can tame spikes down without adding constant heavy resistance. Usually used in a combination.

Good morning everyone. I have read many pages in this 3D but I still haven’t understood how to set the gyro effect :sweat_smile:. do I leave the ticks on the racing set-up? or do I use the CSP ones?

It’s a matter of preference.
Some people like it, some don’t.

Drive a short track like Vallelunga short layout, and test different settings.

1 Like

Hello @Purple_Red , out of curiosity, what tuning would you do for super cars, GT 3 for ASSETTO CORSA, I read your messages on the RF2 thread, I would like to know your opinion on AC.

Try these, maybe they will work in AC too. rF2 is much more dynamic. If this works in RF2, there is also a chance that it will work in AC!

1 Like