Assetto Corsa and Simucube 2

CSP 1.52 added “more accurate Gyro”

• New FFB tweaks extension, with more accurate gyro implementation by @Stereo;

More elaborate explanation from the man himself

If you turn this on, vanilla gyro is forced off, cause it’s the same function with a bugfix for the coordinate system it uses. it still damps ffb, but the actual amount varies depending what the car’s doing as a whole instead of just related to wheelspeed. so effectively it’s still the gyro force that makes front wheels want to keep going the direction they’re pointing. but in practice it damps over/understeer forces much less now

5 Likes

great news, so does it need to have default gyro enabled or disabled to work?

edit : just read in the pic above. thanks man

Stereo posted more detailed explanation of this feature.

3 Likes

tested it today, gotta say it feels pretty damn good

1 Like

Current recommendation is to disable vanilla Gyro (just in case), and set new one to 10% instead of default 25%.
Enjoy more alive wheel and new found details. :grinning:

Spent some time today playing with new Gyro implementation.
Sooo nice, slides recovery feels absolutely natural, wheel goes the right direction itself.
Revised AC and SC2 settings below.

4 Likes

Silly question: I remember setting ENABLE_GYRO to 1 in assetto_corsa.ini. Should I revert that before enabling this new option or it doesn’t matter?

Not silly at all. Stereo (mod author) states that it should override old one, but still recommends to disable old (just in case). Can’t tell I could tell the difference with old on and off, but have it disabled as indicated in screenshot above. Just in case. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds good, going to give it a try. Thanks for sharing!

I still like it more at 25% though, wheel feels a little less “empty” imho

Try to up damping effect, this is what I did.
You can find it more natural that way. The problem with high gyro is that it greatly increases resistance in turns. Read Stereo description on RD, link is above.
In the end, it’s what works for you.

1 Like

Any new gyro users? I reverted to original for the time being, seems like new implementation added some nasty, hard to overcome resistance in turns even at as low settings as 5%.
Liked wheel self alignment though.

I just tried your settings in the GT3 Benz, Audi R8 C7R and the Mazda mx5Cup. and it felt pretty good to me.

Try some high mechanical grip DTM cars. I think Kunos Bimmer is the worst.
Then do another run with the same settings, but vanilla Gyro (new one disabled)

Andrew, did you try playing with the static force reduction? I’m wondering if that might counteract that build up of forces you are getting.

Hmm. Have you tried turn Kerb effect on ? Mine is set on 98% and I love the feeling of it. Also Road effect on 39%. Give it a shot Andrew.

Andrew, i still haven’t checked the new Gyro, hope to check it this weekend. However i just wanted to say that your previous settings on Feb 20 gave me a great base to build and find my own setup and wanted to thank you for this :wink:. I made the following changes: recon @ 2, added some inertia @ 13%, ULL @ 8% and 75% damping on the Direct Input Effects (this is actually the only DI effect that works). BTW with the hardware lock always enabled. With these changes i am able to control slides better and somehow everything feels more natural. I found out that the most important change out of these with the most significant impact is the DI damping, so my piece of advice would be to play a bit with this.
Of course as always this very personal and depends also on many things including the rig, wheel diameter and weight, etc.

1 Like

Mate, my opinion is that these values are too high and they should be adding a lot of noise in the FFB. Of course this depends on the TD settings and forces strength you are using.

No, I don’t use that in any sim. Why would I want to alter what physics wants to deliver.

3D Curbs work just fine with this effect off already, it is only needed to enhance the effect and add it to flat curbs.