Assetto Corsa and Simucube 2

And gyroscopic effect ON

Those YouTube settings feels like driving on solid wheels. Asseto doesn’t have any inertia or friction, resulting in wheel lighter than a car being on the lift and tires not touching the ground. Yes, the wheel will fee faster but that’s unnatural. Try 7% dampening 12% friction and 16% inertia( 20% on small DD motors)
it will feel like you are on tires not on bare rims and in a very short time it will make you faster same way stiff brake pedal give you a wider range of application forces. I find it way easier to be precise on inputs and counter steering. I understand it’s all subjective but those fast settings feel like FF is controlling steering, not you. Please give it a try for 20 laps and let me know if you disagree. Also, around 10% of slip effect in game reproduce nicely that gradual vibration when tires are in slip angle. We work with professionals race drivers and I’m racing for many years, our goal is to have set up as close to reality as possible so there might be settings that might make you fester in sim but is it sim then?

3 Likes

Your settings are the most realistic " Exact " most realistic iv tried

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips. I’ll give your settings a try out and give some feedback.

1 Like

Converted your settings to Simucube 1 with large Mige, Exact . . . feels really nice. I had been using the opposite—with 15% damping, 7.5 % friction and inerta—but think I like your way better. Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

please share your ffbsettings.ini and assettocorsa.ini settings

Is Other Filters - Damping at 9% in the True Drive software written as 9.00%, 0.90% or 0.09% in Simucube 0.50.4?

9% in True Drive would be 0.90% in Simucube if you follow the explanation above in Mika’s post.

1 Like

I never understood people turning effects to 0 in AC. You lose all the tire chatter and scrub you feel and heavily rely on in real life. Will try out your settings tonight. Thanks for posting.

3 Likes

Thanks @EsxPaul. I thought I’d seen an explanation by Mika somewhere but couldn’t find it. Of course, it was right under my nose!

1 Like

I’m only using Exact’s TD settings my ffb in game is higher allong with the affects , find its the best settings for AC I’ve tried

@Andy Which SC1/SC2 are you using?

1 Like

SC2 PRO mostly race on rf2 , find the physics on rf2 excellent. … normally on AC during the day and rf2 In the evening…

1 Like

I must thank you for posting your settings and also your added suggestions.

I’ve just given them a try out and they definitely give me a much more rubber like feeling to the car.
10% slip effect was also exactly the right amount.

You said to give it 20 laps and come back to you but there’s no need. I was faster and felt more comfortable with your settings after the 2nd lap!

You certainly seem to know how to dial in these settings to a tee and I hope you can find the time at some point in the future to post your findings with the other various sims :star_struck:

I could have spent hours messing around and most likely wouldn’t have arrived at settings as nice as yours.

Thanks again.

3 Likes

Please instal Content Manager it’s free and its essential. Then you ca adjust and FF parameters without messing with those files.
https://assettocorsa.club/content-manager.html it also implements day and night racing, improved graphics and weather and so on.

2 Likes

Im glad you guys like those settings, just make sure to recalculate FF straight settings (Gain ) from 32Nm to what ever motor you’re using. Also it’s better idea to set in game gain to 100% and adjust and save each car individually on track in FF app, from my experience I have different settings for different cars, for example H pattern cars with power steering I set to 25~30%, high downforce quick steering rack cars 35~45%.
I’ll try to make short tutorial video on SC2 filters and setup in near future.

6 Likes

AC has own damper setting, MIN_DAMPER_GAIN. Shouldn’t that one be the preferred way of adding some?
Special effects, Stefano didn’t like them and was always suggesting to turn them all off, I usually only leave 5% slip and abs, that’s it.
But it’s personal preference of course.

1 Like

@Exact-Performance can you share your ini settings also?

For guys that like heavy race car like steering.
If coping for Pro or Sport you need to set AC Gain higher accordingly
You need to adjust everything when changing Gain in AC.

ps. I improved my personal records on four different cars with those settings.

5 Likes

I tried your settings and it feels great on race car like an old F1 lotus or GT3. But when I try on a street car like a 911 Carrera S it feels somewhat too heavy. I have the ultimate like you. I lowered the in-game gain a bit to 25% but still feel too heavy on corner and I am getting too much feedback on the track (wheel feels slightly jerky on straight). I am using the content manager you mentioned so perhaps you have some points for this types of cars I can change in the settings to feel more realistic. I have a good reference since I drive the same car on road and track. Any help or advise would be great and thanks for the tips and help you’ve given us. Made the experience much better on AC.

1 Like