3rd party products for the SimuCUBE, e.g. button plates & paddles

Are you linking directly to the 3 wires of the potentiometer or are you attaching through any other circuitry on the pedals?

The pedals have a dsub 9 connection for the g25 logitech. I have connected the simucube through a female dsub 9 and an rj45 to the simucube. normally they work with a leo bodnar pedals cable for logitech pedals as well

That is interesting the they are working like a light switch then as the G25/27/29 pedals are all straight to pot connection… I guess the thought possibly is that there is a wire switched on the RJ45 that is changing the way the POT is read. I have my G25 Pedals connected directly through the SimuCUBE and there is some deadline adjustment that I had to make for Noise but they calibrate in-Game with full resolution.

the rj45 chord is ok because is have used it with t3pa with success. This evening i am going to try connect directly a potentiometer and will let you know.
Instead the carbon shifter works like a charm and I have connected it to use the same buttons of the wheel pads

65400 deadzone is way wrong, and it will cause on/off behavior… Start with defaults, then start to increase a bit by bit until you get the output range you need.

finally I have successfully installed the pedals. I have connected directly the potentiometers. The deadzones are strange but they work well. gas pedal 62000-20000 brake 62000- 45000.
Now I have all installed to the simucube: 12 buttons, 2 shift paddles, sequential shifter and pedals.

Hi there,

I am using Fanatec V3 inverted pedals, currently connected directly to the USB port of the PC. Thus, I am missing any FFB effects from them. I read, when plugging them into a Fanatec wheel, the FFB effects would work for the pedals. Is there any way of plugging the pedals into Simucube and also get FFB for the pedals?

Thanks,
scud_gaz

It is not possible to connect Fanatec pedals to SimuCUBE. However, there is a 3rd party Fanaleds tool that can enable the vibration effects on those pedals. But they have nothing to do with ABS activation, only vibration at certain brake position.

No not directly but I think that FanaLEDs might send effects to the pedals though USB but I am not sure about that.

Opps didn’t rad all the way through Mikas response…

Hi ! About RJ45 cable for X11 upper (pedals) : it says CAT3/5/5e. But what if I can’t buy anything on Amazon under cat6 ? Would it work ?
I got a problem with my current ethernet cable which has been in a drawer for years (don’t know which cat it is… ). The signal coming from my pressure sensor is eratic. I don’t have the problem when I use the rj45 screw type connector that you show on the wiki, so I think that my rj45 cable is bad.

It will work, as the wiring is the same in those cable types. Cat6 only has better noise behavior required for 10Gb/s and up transmissions etc, but it does not matter in our use case.

Just take note not to use a crossover cable.

1 Like

Any Category will work but watch to not get Crossover cables as while they can work they make wiring a little odd as the wires don’t end up in the same relative positions on each side of the cable… We use CAT7 with our products that work on the SimuCUBE RJ11’s I would actually reccoment using a CAT7 with the pressure sensor as it has better shielding.

2 Likes