3rd party products for the SimuCUBE, e.g. button plates & paddles

I would like to have adapters for all my Heusinkveld devices which let me connect them to my SimuCUBE.

Is this possible at all?

1 Like

No, because SimuCUBE does not have load cell amplifiers in the inputs. Load cell amplifiers amplify very, very low voltages, and putting them far from the loadcells would give inaccurate readings. Also the electrical environment near a high current motor drive is too noisy for this.

Load cell amps are best kept as their separate devices near the load cells with as short cables as possible.

Yes, I undestand that but wouldn’t a self powered adapter near the input devices do the trick?
Then connect that adapter to SimuCUBE to lower the amount of USB devices the computer sees.

Yes, it would do the trick. Nobody has gotten such device to market, I wonder why.

Mika would it be possible to have the digital pins be able to use the HX711 load cell amp its 25 bit and will run on 3.3 volts. I understand there would be some programing on your end and it probably a low priority but its just a thought,

Cheers,

The open source repository exists just for this type of tasks. If someone implements a firmware feature, we will include it in the official builds and add a dialog into the configuration tool.

I think the serial data would be better handled by one of the internal ports on the SimuCUBE pcb.

Buttons question: I have connected 14 buttons to the x12 connectors, is there a way to connect more buttons (not potentiometers)?

Currently, not possible.

1 Like

I believe you can add one more button to Pin 1 on X-11 lower.

Hi guys, I have zero experience in electronics, so here comes my question.
I have read there is a difference between a ordinary push button and a digital push button.
The latter has a resistor.
So, can I use an ordinary push button on X12 input or does it has to be a digital version?

Forgive me my ignorance.

Are you speaking of the “Digital Push Buttons” from places like RobotShop or other places where it is on a circuit board with a small resistor… That resistor is either going to be a Pull-up or Pull-down resistor (depending on how it is wired, This helps alleviate a floating signal that will either turn on or off the switch at times when the switch isn’t pressed… The SimuCUBE already has Pull-up resistors on the RJ45 inputs so in most cases a resistor with a power line is not going to be needed as you will just be able to connect the switch straight to the Ground and Pin.

If you use one of these buttons you will only need to connect the “S” and Ground and you can leave the “+” disconnected.

We will be releasing a set of hydraulic pedals at a reasonable price that will plug directly into the simucube they are being evaluated bu several testers at the moment with good results

1 Like

Thanks, I think got it.

Meanwhile I have adapted a Thrustmaster t3pa-pro to work with the Simucube and I am very happy, I use the 3drap mod for the brake. I am looking for a shifter but, as far as I know, all the shifters available use hall sensors instead of microswitches.

https://www.shiftershh.com/en/3-shifters does this work for what you want to achieve?

if I understood well it is hall sensors based

To the experts: do you think the arc team f1 pedals that use the linear potentiometers will work directly connected to the simucube?

Please give me more information.

If you connect them through an analog pin pair in through the X11 ports they should work…

I have tried but for it to work I have to put the dead zone to 65400 - 200 and when I push the pedal the slider goes suddenly to 100%, it is impossible to calibrate it. the slider is very instable