Would you buy again?

It’s factually not what I have been saying, no.

Most HMD’s have numerous 3rd party virtual desktop apps if you can’t use something on Steam/WMR.
I think I have a similar setup where my rig is about 9ft from my desk and PC, and I only race in VR.
$50 wireless keyboard and chose from one of many virtual desktop apps.

That said, I rarely change my settings when I have them setup for a particular title.
Good luck

Thanks, I was actually thinking about that at some point… Does it work well for you? I would think having to click a keyboard while watching in VR would suck?

It’s just like looking at my desktop on my PC - I can do anything in VR that I can do sitting at my desktop.
Even if you can’t touch type, most HMD’s have a little gap you can look at down through the nose area to see your keyboard. It’s a lot easier than taking off HMD, getting up and going to your desk.
Currently I use the Oculus built in virtual desktop, but I’m getting the G2 in a week or so, and will find something on Steam that does the same thing, assuming the G2 doesn’t come with it’s own virtual desktop (I need to look into that).

1 Like

Absolutely I would buy a SC2Pro again!
Coming from a T500RS I never looked back. Lightyears ahead.
A DD1 is not even near the SC2, I tested thoroughly and fiddled with the settings.
Tried a T300RS these days and was shocked how bad it feels for this kind of money.

1 Like

Sc2 pro here, would buy it again. Software is mostly bug free, great featureset, great community support from gd staff, hardware is with no doubt best on the market.
Great qr solution, no flex, wireless wheels, small housing, no fans.

Filters were already very good in the first place, so the lack of improvement isn’t as bad as it sounds.

1 Like

Absolutely I would buy one, I’m already planning on A second Ultimate and running two rigs. A few people throwing tantrums over what might or might not be happening was just ridiculous.

J

ps, will probably throw out the “Rocking Horse 5h17” routine again, worked the last time. ;).

J

Absolutely, is as reliable as I like my products to be, I just couldn’t justify the ultimate considering I needed a nice rim as well :sweat_smile:

I would never buy the Podium again, I was a DD2 user, countless driver and firmware problems, a Russian roulette.
Fanatec never again.

Ok, thx for letting me know. My friends tell me things are working well these days, however?
Did you not find the hardware itself ok?

Mate, at some point probably all of us here went through the dilemma on what DD base to choose. I was at that point on Aug 19 trying to decide between the DD2 and the SC2 pro. At that time only the first reviews were published so there was not much info on both bases. Today there is plenty information, lots of reviews and comparisons for both bases, so it is more or less clear what you are getting into with each base. Now, over a year of using the SC pro i am pretty sure i made the right decision. The hardware is amazing and flawless with no issues whatsoever, the software is easy and once you get a good understanding (there is a learning curve to it) you can make the wheel to do whatever you want. Another very important thing is that GD, Mika and the team are always there to quickly solve issues and discuss with us to hear our thoughts, concerns and feedback. This is an active community and I find this level of support and open communication to be unique. Yes, there are times where there are arguments and criticism (sometimes maybe too much), but at the end of the day i feel that GD is open, listens and considers the community’s feedback.
To answer your question, of course i would buy again the SC pro. But obviously i am biased and most of us here are. If you go and ask the same question at the DD2 forum, i think you will get a similar feedback, so honestly i don’t see the point of this thread. As i already said there is plenty of information on both fronts. I am referring to the DD1/2 only as i believe these are the direct competitors to SC2. There are other cheaper options though which should be decent.
As far as the lack of new filters, make no mistake, the existing ones always worked great and there is no issue. This was not the case though with the DD1/2 wheels where initially and for quite some time there were many problems with the software. Of course, all of us assume that there is always room for improvement on this side as the hardware is quite advanced and we want the best.
Either Sport or Pro are excellent choices and if you can spend the extra money just go for the Pro as i did basically for the peace of mind.

3 Likes

No for me I would just stick with my simucube small mige apart from zero EMF to me there is practically no difference in feel to the mige at least at the present time. Hopefully when RC filler V2 comes out the SC2 will pull away from the SC1.

2 Likes

Always, to 100% positive. I was in the situation that I wanted to upgrade from a Logitech G29. I wanted 2 wheels, rally and formula. From there I got lost. Maybe Simagic? Pedals?..Luckily someone great (E+M, I owe you so much❤️) helped me. I was stucked, the amount of companies and products is exploding. We discussed a lot, but the Simucube 2 was never at risk. Only the decision sport or pro took maybe 5 minutes. Since day one no issue, I never spent a second to think that it could have a problem. I saw a post dealing with the question of the lifetime of a Simucube. It never came in my mind that there could be a problem!!! Don’t know why but I’m convinced that this is a masterpiece of engineering and will last forever

Let’s say you are a doctor and you have a software which have some settings greyed out because they are for knee surgeons while you are doing heart surgeries. Would you say the software is crippled? A lot, if not the vast majority of simgames don’t have full VR support. Would you say that these products are crap? If you drive a BMW with this famous 6 cylinder motor would you tell me not to buy it because the layout of the info system has a colour scheme you don’t like, or it’s too small or too big?

Mate your arguments don’t make much sense. This issue had been discussed in other topics in detail. Basically the point is that there is nothing “pro” to the pro compared to the sport apart from the higher strength and quicker torque which in most if not all cases are not needed anyway. You may check relevant comparisons from well known reviewers between the 2 models.
Some of us here believe that the 2 more filters which are not available in the pro (although it is capable for them) would be beneficial and very relevant in what we are trying to achieve, i.e. find the optimal ffb settings for each sim. Of course there are other people who can’t be bothered and don’t want to spent the time which is also understood and respected.
After 2 years of owning a pro i am not sure I would suggest it as the extra money might be better spent on something else. Today there are a lot more options than 2 years ago…

3 Likes

Speaking of “a lot more options”. Check this out.

1 Like

As stated in my summary I own a sport.

Yes well maybe you got a better deal going for the sport, good for you, but my post was never about what wheel you have. I was only responding to your comment on Kledsen explaining the reasons why he would not recommend the pro anymore, as I am as well feeling more or less the same. The pro is a great wheel/product but maybe it shouldn’t be called pro and maybe it’s not worth the extra money.

That’s good news! With all these new products, csl dd, simagic alphas, the new thrustmaster dd they would create some serious competition and perhaps sim devs will start seeing dd wheels as mainstream upping their game on ffb. On the other hand I hope that GD realize that they need to start working on some filter development or at least allow the ultimate filters pls pls Mika on pros or sports. I mean after 2 years we need some real improvement on TD and I don’t mean the paddock…

PS I forgot, even the feelvr is now back on track

2 Likes

Very true! Paddock access, cloud profiles, firmware improvement, fundamental decisions on which filters will maybe be dropped…all milestones and part of a philosophy for the next decade (maybe). And then you have to deal every day with tons of non important (compared to these mentioned) “may improving” mails/posts…at the costs of manpower and because they care about us Granite team doesn’t ignore this and the result is being behind schedule plus not able to satisfy all, which leads to posts/mails…aso, aso. We are killing the progress by criticising instead of cherish what we have. I NEVER EVER took into consideration buying a mass product built with plastic and carbon look. The more I race with the sport the more I realize what privilege that is. It is maybe time for Granite to step up and stop trying to satisfy all. I don’t have a problem when they gonna see themselves as the top of the market. Ain’t sometimes bad to behave like the elite when you actually are the elite!! I am convinced that they don’t become snobs if taking that path