Wireless wheel all of the sudden stopped working

I’ve had my SC2 sport and SRB GT3 wheel since Jan and I’ve never had any problems with it until this evening. All of the sudden I was unable to get the wheel connected to the base. In TD the wheel will show up for a few seconds but when I try to connect to it, it disappears.

It used to show up with pretty much perfect connection strength (98-100) but now it hovers between 31-60

The only thing I can think of is the wheel battery but it seems like it should last way longer than 10mo.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Start with the battery, there was a bug in TD 2020.4 causing high battery consumption.

1 Like

Yup, it was the battery luckily. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @LazyJab I’m considering to buy the Simucube 2 Sport with the SRB GT3 wheel. I am wondering if the battery can be recharged or it has to be replaced. In case it needs to be replaced, I am not finding where to obtain it.
How did you solve your problem?
Thanks

The battery cannot be recharged but it is easily replaced. I just took the battery with me to a local chain called Battery Plus and they had some on hand. They also sell them on Amazon and other online retailers. I can’t remember the exact specs of the battery but they aren’t difficult to find.

Good luck!

@towski3388 Search for “3.6v 14250 battery” and that will lead you to the correct type that’s used in the SRB GT3 rim.

1 Like

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00V4LCNMC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you @LazyJab @EsxPaul maviaggi

1 Like