Why is WRC(8,9) not often mentioned among typically reviewed titles, setup files, tips & tricks?

So I never asked this question to the broader social media sim groups because I am afraid I am missing something just stupid-obvious. But here goes … why is WRC in general not included in most reviews, setup files, tips and tricks, etc? Is there some IP with WRC that locks them out of the traditional sim space somehow? It just seems like my previous kit (starts with an F and ends with a C, lol) had absolutely NOTHING to say about WRC. Yet I can buy the title and was able to make it work and liked much of the content. Am I missing something? I don’t want to start a “match” about what off-road title is better … please! If you use WRC, do you like it? Do you have good FFB profiles for it? Is it harder to get “right” in your opinion? Is there some turf-war I don’t know about? Thanks!!

1 Like

I love WRC 9 and asked this myself aswell. Would love to see your settings!!
Greetings

1 Like

To rally like hell😂

1 Like

WRC10 was released recently on Steam (finally) but it wasn’t received that well as it seems and getting beaten by miles by old Codies title.
https://steamcharts.com/cmp/1462810,690790#3m

I spend way more time in a rally car than anything else!! Can’t get enough of it …

1 Like

My rig is in pieces right now and I have yet to get my SC2 Sport up and running. I went as far as drivers and such and getting everything in the system working together and then ordered the P1X when I realized the torque of the SC2 was just more than my rig could handle and still give me the subtle feedback that I crave. I will be most happy to share WRC settings as I develop mine and would love to see what you have too. Thanks!

1 Like

Yea … see, that’s what I don’t get. There has to be some basic explanation for the lack of penetration by WRC in the sim space and I somehow think it has to do with WRC licensing costs … don’t quote me because I’m just guessing.

That is one sweet cock-pit, by the way!!

1 Like

Tried it and was disappointed. Especially the sound of the cars is gruesome

Gonna send it next time I drive!

1 Like

I really enjoyed both Wrc9 and 10 despite the bloody freeze bug that has plagued both games for me thru 2 different cpu"s & gpu’s.
Finally managed to sort it by disabling my ethernet adapter in device manager so no online leader boards or multiplayer for me :frowning:
I’ve also had USB assignment issues on both games and still can’t assign my BDH shifter without the game thinking it’s an xbox controller!
Developers don’t seem to care either so I’m quite looking forward to codemasters getting the licence.

2 Likes

Ok … that’s valid … I guess I don’t play with much of the volume up so I may be missing that part.

I use all from BJ (pedals, shifter and handbrake) never had any problems with WRC9. I love rally

1 Like

Those are issues that I am likely to face now that I have moved to a full USB ecosystem. I hadn’t dealt with them under the F-ecosystem. If Codemasters is really in line to get the license then we might expect to see the title get cleaned up a bit and be more relevant.

That would be the 3d or 4th change in maybe 5 years. Someone should get/make it for at least 5 years. Everything else is kind of starting from 0. Or below 0 when I see WRC 10

That history is telling … I think that is the answer to my question, ultimately. It has seen several developers, not one long enough to have spent time & resource to make it as good as other titles. Thanks for that bit of knowledge :slight_smile:

1 Like