Wheels and button plates in EU?

Thanks! Seems like it’s not really an issue then. Also found a video of the button plate mounted to a 300mm rim and it looked fine.
Sometimes when I do rally I like to move my grip up a little bit but I don’t think I’d have to slide my thumbs past the buttons. Looks like it would be easy to just unhook the thumbs and adjust the grip.

OMP SuperQuadro is listed as 320mm on OMP website, and it measures 320mm on mine. Doubt there are different versions.

https://www.ompracing.com/en_gb/super-quadro-44950.html

Regarding the links below it says 330 :thinking:.
https://www.ompracing.com/en_gb/super-quadro-44950.html

I’d say that’s 330mm but notice how OMP’s website is stating 320mm in the text, and under technical information it says 330mm.

Either way, I want one of those. Looks like they have a really comfy grip and high quality suede. Your wheel looks pristine - is it brand new or are you just taking real good care of it?

Hehe.
You are correct. :joy:

From their website:
Flat steering wheel with 3 black anodized spokes and black suede rim; anatomical handgrip with flat bottom design.Supplied with horn button. Diameter: 320 mm. Handgrip: oval 35 x 27 mm.

Seems like the inner diameter is 320 and the complete diameter is 330. :thinking:

I definitely measure just about 320mm on mine. Interesting it says 320mm in English and 330mm in Italian table. They also show a really old photo with extra seams no longer present.

I have new style on the picture above (direct shipment from OMP with hologram sticker) and as you can see it’s measured 330mm from outer edge to outer edge at the widest part. No idea what is going on. :upside_down_face:

Made in Italy,
Latin measures are “different”

I remeasured, and agree with 330mm. Sorry for the confusion.

1 Like

Yep, these measures are definitely syncopated. :smiley:

Anyhow, I just pulled the trigger on a SC2 Pro, Ascher B16L-SC button plate and a OMP Superquadro wheel.
The button plate really came down to what’s readily available (would be great to have everything arrive before the weekend), good quality and low shipping cost. Ordering from the same place (simgrade.fi) got the shipping cost down so in the end the difference wasn’t that big, considering the button plate is wireless (which I think is worth a little extra - now I don’t need a USB hub and extension cable).

Never thought I’d spend this much money on sim racing equipment though. Please feel free to tell me how I’ve made a great decision that I’ll never regret.

2 Likes

Something that no too much people talk about wireless wheels is that those are part of the SC2 ecosystem and adds a ton of a difference when dealing with arcades/no sims and older ones that relies on no more than 1 or 2 Game controllers at a time.

Grand Prix 4 ( and others) calls for wheel buttons to continue on calibrations, and specifically for BUTTON1 that is not on any wireless wheel ATM, so either way a shifter conected to COMM Port is mandatory to have BUTTON1 & 2 available through SC2 controller.

1 Like

Only old game I play is Richard Burns Rally. Do you know if there are any issues with that? After RBR I think Assetto Corsa is the oldest game I play.

No problems, as long as not Devices changes between restarts ( Devices pluged in diferent USB ports, not Devices connected befor sim starts,etc…)
Advantage of wireless wheel on RBR: no cables

Ah, so I should just try to avoid moving the cables around to different ports? That shouldn’t be a problem then. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I don’t know how much a bother it is to have a cable (never tried it) but I do like wireless.

1 Like

Yellow - Driving: SRC wheel, SHH shifter and Gear display
Red - Flight: Joystick, throttle, rudder and TakeOff panel
White - Common: 2x DSD button box
Green - Data, wireless Devices, etc.

Edit:
BJ pedals, shifter and handbrake goes trought COMM Port and are part of my SC2 wheelbase

1 Like

You’ve made a great decision!
You’ll never regret it!

All kidding aside, it’s been my experience that when you buy a quality item that you enjoy using, you quickly forget what you paid for it.

Once you feel the simucube, even when powered off, I think you’ll be quite pleased with your decision!

Oh my… you’re giving me cable management nightmares!

Thanks! :smiley:

Yeah, there is something special when you get the really high quality stuff. Maybe my biggest mistake is not getting this equipment sooner - I’ve sure spent a lot of money on the cheaper stuff that I’ve replaced. In the long run it often pays off to get the good stuff right away.

1 Like

Where can I buy this USB hub?