Wheel reset centre at start up

Hi all,
Why do i have to reset center of the wheel everytime after start computer.
I have a Mige motor model 130ST

Simcube hardware version Revision 1 (r004)
Simcube firmware version 1.0.30
Configuration tool version 1.0.25
IONI drive firmware version 10718

Thanks,

Regards,

Erwin Levasier

1 Like

Hi,

What type of encoder do you have, and what is the indexing mode you have set on the Hardware settings tab?

Hi MIka,
The Indexing mode is in reference to initialization, and the encoder we changed that from a low to high, but i dont know how many million
Where could i find that?

Regards,

Erwin Levasier

The encoder counts per revolution (CPR) setting is visible on the Hardware settings tab.

But the encoder model is not.

As you are using the indexing in reference to initialization, the wheel must be approximately at center when the device is turned on. Also, if you are very unlucky, the center point can fall in just on the limit on the motor magnetic segments, so the phase search routine can go to either side of the magnet at the particular point, and the end position is then different than what it was when you did the Motor Configuration Wizard. Solution to this is to start the system with wheel always at slightly turned left or right and then do the motor configuration wizard in such a way that you set the wheel at that same position (except for the last step where it says to center as accurately as you can).

Hi Mika,
a Biss C encoder ?? if i am correct ?

Regards,

Erwin Levasier

If it is a biss-c encoder, please run the motor configuration wizard and set the usage of absolute encoder, then it should work without needing the phase search routine at start.

Levi, did you get this fixed?

Hi Dennis, sorry for the late reaction but it is a bit hectic at work so i did not touch the simrig, can i get back on this at a later moment?
Thank for you help and quick respond.

regards

Erwin