Vibrations with DD wheel

Hi Guys,

I bought a VRS DFP a few months ago, after much deliberation and was really tempted to get the SC2 Pro.

Initially I was disappointed with the FFB quality of the DFP & have posted about that here. I was only using iRacing at the time. I have recently been using some of my other sims and have come across a really annoying effect. In almost all cars/tracks in RRRE I get a very fine vibration through the wheel, worse with heavy acceleration/breaking and with steering. I can also get this with some car/track combos in ACC, but not as bad. In RRRE is stops me playing the sim due to the feeling in my hands afterwards.

I’m not sure if this is related to DDs in general, these sim titles or an effect with the VRS DFP.

If you guys haven’t experienced this, then I will swap my wheel for the SC2 Pro.

Many thanks for letting me know your experiences with these titles.

Nick

Definitely nothing like that here.

Compare Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\ControlSet\Simucube 2 pro.rcs
with
VRS DirectForce Pro Wheel Base.rcs
There are some differences that can contribute to that vibration.
Looks like
FFB steer vibe wave type="3" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
is 0 in SC2 profile.
And
ffb slip freq multiplier="5.0" // Slip effect frequency. 1.0f = 1 cycle per wheel rev
is only 2.0 on SC2.

There are other differences as well but I’d look at those first and perhaps turn to Sector3 Studio support forum for help.

@drnat08

Any luck improving your feel in any titles?

I search for topics where I can get information between different DDs
I am very interested in the rest of this story, but as always, there is no continuation.
Finally, I would like to decide which direction to go with v2.5
DD1, VRS DFP, SC2 Sport, SC2 PRO