Using Simucube 2 Sport below 15 degrees C

I’m in the UK, putting together a decent PC based sim driving rig to use in my garage. This is to replace a PS4 / Logitech rig that I’ve had in there for a couple of years. It’s a small house so garage is the only option.
The space is dry and generally unheated so in the winter I use the rig in room temperatures usually
below10 degrees or less (with a heater on). I’ve just taken delivery of a Simucube 2 Sport and noted the operating range of 15 to 30 degrees C which has surprised me.

Previous posts have discussed the upper temperature range but I would appreciate any comments regarding its use in cold temperatures and having it set up in those conditions.

I’d be interested to know if anyone uses a Simucube in similar conditions.

Upper temperature normally an issue, if you are running way to hot ambient, like 40deg C in Melbourne.

Lower-temp is specified due to condensation concerns I guess, but once again, I have had mine running mid winter here at 3 or 4 deg C and no issues. It will much depend on the humidity.

You will be fine :wink:

Cheers,
Beano

I run my Pro here in the colder UK months. It’s always between 5-10deg C in my house and I haven’t noticed any problems at all.

The limit is due to possibility that water could condensate on the electronics, which could cause either direct problems or oxidation in long term. Consumer electronics are not designed to operate when wet.

I really appreciate everyone’s responses. I feel a bit happier now, but as a precaution will install a dehumidifier to try to mitigate possible effects of running in those conditions as explained by Mika. Hopefully that will work.

1 Like

That will work.

Similar operating limitations are also in other electronics. I just looked at the manual of my Samsung CRG9 49" monitor, and the operating conditions are stated as minimum of 10 degrees Celcius - presumably from the same reason.

That makes sense, and I’m sure all the other equipment in the garage will benefit. Considering the cost of a decent sim set-up, £150 for the dehumidifier is a no brainer and will likely make it a nicer environment to be in. Hopefully!

1 Like

i would advise to get a Desiccant Zeolite Dehumidifier

Yes, I did a bit of research regarding operational temperatures and came to the same conclusion. Arrives tomorrow courtesy of Amazon. Thanks very much for your advice Loukas.

I drive at such high torque-levels, that things turn to steam before any chance to condense :joy:

On a serious note though, this is a non-issue, I doubt anyone’s house/garage will drop to those low temperatures…let’s not confuse outside winter-temps with indoor temps…that is what matters, the ambient temp where your wheel will be used …

Yeah, it is unlikely to happen in any place that you would be able to drive. However, the disclaimer is there to note that some conditions that make that happen are outside operating conditions and thus will not be covered by warranty.

Yep, fair point, Mika :wink: