Unable to open device in bootloader mode 2023.10

HI Team,

I tried to update to the 2023.10 version
I have this message

Attempting to connect to device bootloader (try 15)

Unable to open device in bootloader mode
Couldn’t find device in firmware update mode after sending command.

In my devices list I have my simucube 2 in Firmware Upgrade Mode

Thanks for helping

I have this message every time I updated the fw since I bought the base, it then tries another method and proceeds to update, it’s weird that mine’s tries another method and success in updating, your base just stops there? Also, I think I saw something @Mika wrote on discord about Razer profile program, you may give it a try and disable before updating if you have any Razer related program on your PC.

Yes, we have recently seen that a Razer mouse profiling / scripting / driver software does install a filter driver for all game controllers that does not let custom packets through for Simucube 2 in firmware update mode. Manually installing just the Microsoft supplied driver for that device in that mode will also work, but I think the problem is not happening in all Razer software releases.

Another software that made it not work is a LED lighting software for Corsair computer cases.

Thank you so much for your time and feedback

What are my other option for the update , I closed every lightning / LED app ( Hue app ) but still have problem

Unable to open device in bootloader mode
Couldn’t find device in firmware update mode after sending command.

Is it possible that hidHide or HidGuardian software is blocking the True Drive from accessing the device?

Unfortunately not, i don’t have those

Well, if there is a Simucube 2 in firmware upgrade mode visible in devices, then something is indeed blocking True Drive from accessing it. Without knowing all software on your PC, its not possible to debug this much.

Alternative would be to run the firmware update on another PC or in an Virtual Machine.