Ultimate was a great disappointment to me

The reseller hasn’t done anything wrong and has gone out if his way to rectify the matter which isn’t a suprise to me, knowing the stellar reputation that Tomo deservedly has.

I’ve no need to take my girlfriend’s acetone as it’s not my unit we are talking about. It’s not even about this unit, it’s about consistency in acceptable QC levels.

There was no need to get personal but to please you I’ll take my ‘harping’ elsewhere.

3 Likes

I guess making general comments are nowadays construed as ‘getting personal’

But anyway, thank you for stopping the harping :wink:

This is a great advert for potential SC2 adopters :wink:

2 Likes

I am a mere user just like you are, nothing more, nothing less. I just hate it when people are whinging about something as small as this, and further, when it is not their matter to whinge about.

But thank you for appointing yourself as the QC police, I am happy that we have someone watching out for us.

Now I opt put of this pointless discussion with you, I shall not bother you again.

I laughed beautifully at this “complaining”. Thanks :smiley:

the screws that are on the first photo… I built a whole RIG frame with them. They are probably hardened screws 10.9 or 12.9. They look beautiful to me. just oil them and wipe them dry.

From the construction point of view, I do not know what is wrong on the painted heads of the screws around the perimeter of the motor. Those screws aren’t there for you as a customer. They are part of the frame and and they are definitely tightened to the prescribed value. After this step, the unit is tested and if it passes only then it’s sent to paint. I don’t know who wants to risk a broken unit for just a few screws. And I’d still like them painted black if I look at it from the side :smiley:

All the best

I’m not the appointed anything and it’s not harping or whinging, I’m just expressing my personal opinion that I think it’s not in GD’s best long term interests to lower the level of QC standards.

They are free to take that or leave it. Doesn’t really effect me either way but it might alter the perception of potential buyers. It would mine but I can’t say with certainty.

You disagree with me and I’m sure you aren’t alone in that, which is fine. Would have been nicer if you could do it with less condescension and sarcastic tone though.

4 Likes

Just a heads up, below your name it says GD Team. So you cannot be regarded as a mere user. You are seen on the same level as Mika to new users and your posts reflect opinions of Granite Devices.

7 Likes

I was surprised that there was a lot of discussion.

I was very surprised when I was living in Korea and received a product with problems, but Simracing Bay responded kindly.

I don’t think there’s a problem with the Simracing Bay.

However, I wanted to inform the manufacturer of the wrong paint on the base after sending a bolt that was not coated at all (painted on the hand). They answered that it was a product that had no problem at all. It is a wonder that products that have been painted incorrectly are not defective in that they are simply invisible when mounted.

Please understand that English may be strange using a translator.
Simucube, if you have any questions, please send me an e-mail.
I am a customer who bought Ultimate.

1 Like

The wrong painting cannot be justified simply because it is invisible.

2 Likes

Hello Tomo,

You are one of the best ( if not the best ) reseller/distributor. without offending someone… in fact , in my opinion , the best resellers are racewerk and SimracingBay…

If you carefully read my post you can read that even with some bad aesthetics ( if you ask me ) is not a problem BUT people pay … and people want… and have the right to ask for a discount or refund based on commercial laws ( where offered ) . That’s all.

People don’t want to understand that They concern about things that are absolutely wrong. Those people have to choose a ( simple ) commercial wheel base.

I tried to erase the paint, but it didn’t erase.

If you see my stuff, you won’t be able to say that. The bolts are not coated at all and the paint on the base is not erased by acetone.
I’m not an idiot.

What’s surprising about the comments here is the response of the device team. No problem at all, QC passed. It would have been nice if they had a bolt with paint on their hands when they opened over 2,000 euros.

4 Likes

The bolts I received are also coated in black paint and squeak when tightened. Not sure if they were provided by GD or reseller. I agree issues like this can be avoided and the customer should receive a more finished product.

However, calling the SC2 ultimate “a great disappointment” seems unfair. Reading the title made me think this thread is about the FFB feel, wireless connection, or something more substantial. I’m surprised Tomo even offered compensation especially when this doesn’t seem to be his fault.

Are you sure the bolts don’t just have the oil that they are packaged in from the bolt manufacturer?

If it is the oil than it is good that they leave it on so they do not rust if they sit in a package for a long time.
Just clean it off with normal household rubbing alcohol.

If the motor looks as bad in real life as in the pics I think that is really bad for a product that is in the very high quality category.
I hope the Boys at Granite Devices can remedy that problem.

It would be a real bummer for the resellers to have to open every unit before it is shipped to the end user. These things are packed so nicely from the factory.
And to have to ship back to Finland the ones with the bad finish is really a problem.

The finish on my Pro is beautiful! :blush::blush:

3 Likes

I received was an uncoded bolt.
The paint got on my hand.
This was the bolt included in the manufacturer’s box, not the seller.
Mechanical satisfaction with simucube2 is extremely high, but disappointed with packaging.
I am grateful to Tomo.

Tomo,
I received my SC2 ultimate 3 days ago from you. U.S. customs played games for several days… even DHL stated it was rare to get held up like they did to me. Needless to say…I was worried that the product would be damaged, pieces missing etc. You were very quick and helpful at your end to assist in my dilemma. Happily…the product arrived in flawless and pristine condition. I’m also impressed with the mounting bracket you included at no extra charge. Way better in adjustability then the others I’ve seen selling for $100 us. Thanks again. WOULD NOT HESITATE to purchase from you again in the future.

5 Likes

Thanks for good words :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sorry but I also find it a disappointment going though the same thing. I actually had a chip in mine and a few other problems. It’s ok saying it doesn’t effect the unit but let’s say I had to sell it do you think it would have a good re sale value on the 2nd hand market? Most would think it’s been dropped and re painted would always have a bad taste with 2nd hand resale. You would not buy a luxury car with a mark in the paint work and say it’s ok it still drives faultless sorry I don’t agree with some comments here. Happy you actually got it from a seller who obviously had your back in this situation.