Two realy big "annoying" things to me

Hello dear Granite Family,

i own the Simucube 2 Pro with the Ascher Wireless Wheel some days now and i realy have two big issues which are driving me crazy.

Shortcut to me: 35yo - man - 20years Simracer - now only racing in iracing - 12Nm Torque max

First problem: Enable full torque every restart of wheel or PC.

Can you please add the option to enable this forever? I am living alone here, nobody will ever touch my wheel instead of me and i realy dont want open the software everytime before i want to start a fast race in iRacing.

Second: This beeping sounds every 2 Minutes when you dont touch the wheel

When i am here and waiting for the next race or doing a small break, i realy dont want to turn off the base every time. BUT i have to do so, becouse if not, this realy loud beep sounds are getting on my nerves. I allready made the audible notifications and Hands on detection off, and still i have those sounds.

Please let me turn off any beeps with one click

i love your wheel and its quality, but i wanted to have a nice and easy solution in DD. Actually with all this safety restrictions it maybe be better to buy the older version if you dont want to feel like a child^^

3 Likes

You can disable the idle beep by using the torque off button.

We might adjust the delay it detects idle at, and there might something coming up for game hall etc usage. But not high on list of things todo. But it is on the list.

2 Likes

okay thanks for the info mika, and what about the durable full torque release?

Iā€™ve written an Autohotkey script that starts TrueDrive and automatically clicks, drags and clicks to enable high torque mode. I use DisplayFusion to make sure it always opens in the same location.

I wonā€™t release it as I understand why GD want the disclaimer there, have a look at MouseClick and MouseDrag in Autohotkey and you can do it fairly easily.

Regards
Fred

2 Likes

I agree with this, its so annoying, my old MMOS was so much easier to use, once set never had to go back in and touch the software, not to mention running it steals 10-15 percent of your cpu power. why is it necessary, we already signed disclaimers when i installed the software and iā€™m pretty sure there is a statement in the product discloser when i bought it too.

Need a way to disable this.

3 Likes

agree about the torque mode. @Mika is it also normal if you do a pc restart with the sc2 on that TD looses conection with sc2 and you need to restart sc2 every time you restart your pc so TD can pick up the signal again?

There is a known issue in the firmware regarding usb connections, and we are fixing it soon.

5 Likes

I second this, i do not have the base yet but it would be one of my my first actions to get rid of this beeps.

I concur to make a ā€œglobal acceptā€ checkbox or some method of not having to enable high torque mode every single time. Since we train our users in person on most occasions, I can assure you this will be perceived as annoying by casual users and savvy users alike. People like tech that ā€œjust worksā€ā€¦they want to boot up the sim and go with the least amount of steps.

We used to require a safety acknowledgement every time our customer would start their SimCraft motion systemsā€¦and due to the annoyance and feedback, added a ā€œglobal acceptā€ of the acknowledgement. Praises from our customers followed this very simple change.

We have taken note of this feedback, but we must be very careful about any potential liability issues, especially in the US market. Lets see what we can figure outā€¦

5 Likes

Thanks mika dont worry ill sign anything lol

Hi,
we have just installed our simucube 2 ultimate and we are seriously annoyed by the 4 minutes beep. It is a absolute no go for us. We are using it in a professional environment, we are aware of our rig and the wheelbase running - which is most of the day- and we are aware of the wheelbase and itā€™s capabilities. We have to use it in high torque mode and to switch that on and off constantly is not a solution for us.

Our rig / wheelbase It is used unter supervision only. So we do not see any legitimate reason for it to make those noises which are seriously disturbing when being around the rig and not using it.

PLEASE IMPLEMENT THE POSSIBILITY TO GET RID OF THAT ASAP - weā€™ll happily confirm appropriate usage. We also consider this to be an absolute top of the list priority item as it is a absolute no go for us and our use case. We may have to convert back to DD2 in case we can not deactivate that in the near futureā€¦ : (

2 Likes

You donā€™t have to turn the SC2 on/off just use the estop. Driver gets out of rig depress estop, driver enters rig releases estop, is it really that much of an issue?

6 Likes

Agreed.
This should be standard operating procedure.
Especially when you have a different user entering the cockpit.

I would never remove or install a rim without activating the estop.

It does not happen frequently, but if you ever have had a wheel randomly start spinning at full speed, I guarantee you push the estop in now. :grin:

3 Likes

ā€œWhen i am here and waiting for the next race or doing a small break, i realy dont want to turn off the base every timeā€ why your are making your live so difficult? If you wanna drive all day long then you just have to activate the high torque once and trigger the e stop on every break (minutesā€¦ hoursā€¦ DAYS!!!) without turn the base off or reactivate somethingā€¦

2 Likes

exactly this, The setup is simple, first time getting in my real car, you usually check tyres arent flat, make sure no damage etc. Same thing here, turn on pc, turn on truedrive, activate high torque mode.

The the e-stop I liken it to turning on the car each time you start. You gotta just press the button to turn it off when done racing or ā€˜getting out of the carā€™. And press the button to turn it on :smile: its really not that hard, first step takes 2-5mins depending. And the rest takes 2s.

2 Likes

Well my car doesnt make wierd and loud beep noises, when i am not using it and waiting for the next race :wink:

And other companies have better security options (like fanatec) for their products. So there are better ways to put such a security level in a product. The comparission is just not good.

Your real life car doesnā€™t have FFB or the potential to break your wrist whilst parked either. You can bet if the wheel was capable of spazzing out from a standstill all car manufacturers would have warning systems in place.

2 Likes

The warning beep is a good security measure and I like it to remind that the steering wheel is live, hence when any children are in close or when changing the steering wheel.

As others said it is a good practice to always hit estop when exiting the rig.

Safety comes first, even if supervised, when something happens, it happens fast.

2 Likes

Just installed my sc2 yesterday and after reading about this annoyance the past few days i was
kind of scared its gonna piss me off big time. Turns out its nothing of the sortsā€¦ its a tiny beep
once in 4min and the use of the estop after a driving session completely eliminates it.
It doesnā€™t bother me at all personally.

6 Likes