Thinks I'd like to see

First post, so first things first: hello all the community members and all the GD team.

New to DD systems, and as usual pretty much lost trying to finding setups. I know, I know… setups are quite subjective. So here are two things I’d like to see in the future:

• Better documentation on how each parameter affects FFB. I think the lack of this is the root cause of people complaining about this device not being user friendly. I knew this device was not so user friendly like some others, and I’m happy with that because I know what I’m getting into. But the lack of reasonable documentation is frustrating. Try changing something and see how it works it’s not a valid answer when in the very first place you don’t have a clue on what each parameter is actually doing. A reasonable and comprehensive documentation has nothing to do with exposing the software implementation details (I’ve writing software since 1991 and I’d like to think I know what I’m talking about) which seems to be the big fear of the GD team.

• A tuning tool: are you having problem A? Try increasing X! Are you having problem B? You better decrease Y! Please keep in mind that decreasing Y will affect Z!. I’ve seen this approach so many times following sim racing setup guides that I’m truly convinced that it not only would be possible but also very positive for newbies and maybe experienced users.

At the end of the day, what you want of your customers is having the greatest experience with your product. If if your product happens to be a complex, sophisticated one, you have to be sure those customers have all the tools to get the most of it.

Just my two cents.

6 Likes