Steering Wheels of the SC2 Community

You are welcome.

It is sad that the wheels cost as much as the wheel bases. It has mostly always been this way with the high end wheels.
I understand why, because the switches and components are very pricey. It also is mucho Labor intensive.

Very cool that we have new product entering the market!!

It is very different for me now looking at these products as a consumer, not a manufacturer​:grin::grin:

2 Likes

The Fi-Tech wheels are gorgeous. I dropped my eyes on the LM-Pro from PSE but I really really like the AMG GT3 wheel of Fi-Tech, it’s making me second guessing.

I also like the F1Simgames wheels but the only thing holding me back are the handles. I don’t really like that you can see the baseplate between the suede, I really like it when the handles are covered in suede/alcantara in a single piece with nice stitching.

7 Likes

Hi

Are these button box cases metal or plastic?

I looked at the F1- tech website and it sounds like part is 3d printed?

Yes. Carbon plates sandwich SLS printed enclosure. With metal connection between wheel and QR.

Wheel from Sean, is from HRS, they do CNC machined billet aluminium enclosures with carbon plates.

They are 3D printed Structural enclosures with Carbon Fiber or G10 Sandwich plates.

You can see an early version in this SimRacing Garage Review - we have done a couple of minor changes to facilitate better production. As well all the wheelboxes now come with a shielded cable which wasn’t the case when the review was done.

Hi Joe

I have spoken with Carsten in regards to the R8 rim and he kindly gave me some insight into the parts used:

1. Aluminium CNC milled baseplate with PU Grips covered in REAL Alcantara by a professional upholstery shop

2. Original APEM buttons, same as used by Audi

3. Ascher Racing aluminium cnc milled shifter and clutch paddle body

4. Real carbon fiber cnc milled paddles

5. Bodnar Controller

6. Original Rotary Caps from ELMA, same as used by Audi

7. Laser sintered enclosure

No FDM printing or other cheap materials used in the manufacturing process.

Some pretty nice stuff imo and would explain why it is priced higher than the other options available.

5 Likes

Seeing the plate between the halves of the handle is aesthetic only, you can’t tell when driving. The bigger issue (for me) with the F1SG wheel is that the grip cross section is basically a flattened circle and the front and back are essentially flat (not rounded). When you grip it, the curve of your hand’s grip is not getting full purchase on the palm-side of the knuckle joints. In fairness, this too after a few hours of racing is now invisible to me. For a first wheel, I love it. It represents a price point too that does not have a lot of offerings in the replica class.

Thanks for the update!

Is that a factory OMP rim? That’s just what i’m after!

https://www.ompracing.com/en_gb/310-alu-gt.html

Aint cheap though

True, it’s only aesthetic and for that price point (i asked for a few prices of his wheels) it’s a very good deal.

Also what EsxPaul said about Carsten is true for the AMG Rim. The button labels + buttons are the exact same as used by the real AMG/HWA team and as far as he knows he is the only wheel builder that is able to use the real wheel components for both the R8 and AMG GT3 rims.

The price is steep but still cheaper than Precision Sim Engineerings wheels. If you want an authentic rim Carsten is the man to get in touch with.

I didn’t place an order yet but I already talked myself into buying the AMG wheel :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

NSH product Hub wireless with push pull paddel on Momo :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ouch, Thanks!

Have you made your wireless using the SC2 wireless module?

Good afternoon gentlemen, I am finally installing my SC2 PRO, I show you my installation with long steering bar, this gives a feeling of greater realism, not only aesthetic but also of use, also allows greater flexibility when regulating the height of

7 Likes

Nice solution for very long extension shaft. Perhaps you could document it a bit more (shaft and bearing specs) so that others who’d like to implement such rig design could use the same shaft diameter & bearing?

3 Likes

Nope, just regular old Coiled cable

That’s when FFB emulating the steering rack make some sense!
Love it!

How much did you pay for the wheel that you show in the pics?
It really does look nice!