Sporadically loss of FFB in iRacing

Hi! I am an simucube2 ultimate user and had a similar experience. The feedback suddenly disappeared during iracing and came back. When the feedback disappears, the steering wheel is fixed in one direction and back to normal, but my car is already spinning.
I solved this problem by plugging the USB port somewhere else. I used the cable as it is.

Gifted I have the exact issue you describe, majority of the time it’s a second or so, other times it completely freezes and you have to power off.

I have an SC2 ultimate plugged into a USB 3.1 gen 2 port. Basically exactly the same PC as you as well. The worrying thing is this didn’t used to happen at all, or very rarely, but I just had a 60 minute race where it happened at least 4 times, one needing to power off, the other 3 where it hangs for a second but you crash anyway.

Why would it be happening progressively more often? Did the isolator fix your issue?

yall on AMD? Apparently they have a usb disconnect problem and a fix coming out.

It seems that the motherboard manufacturer Asus has released a usable BIOS update after a long time, which fixes the USB disconnects and the PCI4 problem - current example: Rog Strix B550-e Gaming - BIOS version 2006 - 1.2.0.1 Patch A .

A 1.2.0.2 version with further improvements should appear after Easter.

If you have USB problems, you should perhaps also look at your Mobo HP for a new BIOS.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?121280-Rog-strix-b550-e-gaming/page15

can confirm usb ground loop isolator fixes issue 100%

ICQUANZX 1500V USB to USB Isolator Board Protection: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

The BIOS version 2006 - 1.2.0.1 Patch A really fixed the USB dropouts for me and is a keeper.