SimuCube2 Pro - vibration issue

Hi Experts,

I just received SimuCube2 Pro from the dealer, and replaced my Fanatec CSWv2 with the SC2Pro. It physically mounted well and securely, also Fanatec wheel mounted well with the conversion kit, however, am experiencing a vibration issue when I playing iRacing.

The steering wheel vibrates strongly even when the car is not running or running straight. This occur even when the ignition is turned off on iRacing and the engine is stopped.

• Frimware version: 1.0.33
  • True Drive version: 2021.1
  • True Drive setting: Read-only safe profile

Is this a hardware problem? Are there any settings I should check?

iRacing setting:

Let’s start simple: Move the iRacing wheel force slider to 25NM, then move the Max force slider to 25nm.

Similarly, also move damping and min force both to zero. Try never to use those two settings in iRacing, they are not meant for dd wheels.

Let’s go from there.

2 Likes

Hi @phillip.vanrensburg
I appreciate your advice.

I applied those settings to iRacing, and the vibration is disappeared.

I also tried to change True Drive setting from safe profile to the preconfigured iRacing profile. This worked well too, but I found that clipping occurred frequently because the Strength was limited to 9.3Nm on SimCube side. So, I changed the Strength to 15Nm and 25Nm, and the vibration happened again :weary:

My biggest question here is why the vibration occurs even when the engine is stopped and the car is not running.

Something is loose in your QR or the wheel, or in the mounting of the Simucube wheelbase.

1 Like

Hi @Mika

I just double-checked that the mount, QR and wheel are securely tightened

The vibration is occurring even when the QR has removed (engine stopped on iRacing)

You’re going around things the wrong way. Create a new profile in your True Drive and set the torque there higher, maybe 15-16nm.

Set iRacing then on max-force to perhaps 35-40nm level.

After that, we can set some tuning filters in true-drive to remove vibrations and oscillatory behaviour, it will need some tuning with iRacing open-wheelers to get everything happy and working as it should.

Also, like Mika says, check if your coupler in the servo is tight. I suspect though a lot of that noise is coming from your rig rattling…

PS: Is your car turned off in the video just above, or is it idling in the garage?

@phillip.vanrensburg

PS: Is your car turned off in the video just above, or is it idling in the garage?

It is turned off. In the last video, the engine is not running.

Are you sure the damping is at 0%?
Can you show us the Force Feedback section of you app.ini?

Yep, it sure seems to be the case that something is feeding a signal to his servo. Simple to test, just exit iRacing and leave True-Drive open, see if it does the same.

There he can play with desktop spring etc to test very basics…but it is definitely a tuning-issue with some stuff from iRacing ffb section in ini file causing problems. Best to start with a fresh file.

@Mika @phillip.vanrensburg

I found that if I set Damping at 50% in True Drive, no vibration occurs.

If I set it at 35%, the vibration starts when I off my hand from the wheel in a straight line.
At 0%, the vibration occurs regardless the car is running, idling or engine is off.

What could be the possible cause in this case?
I am thinking that maybe it is the lack of stiffness due to using SC2 QR and Fanatec QR(with Conversion Kit) at the same time. It seems tight enough though…

Are you sure the damping is at 0%?
Can you show us the Force Feedback section of you app.ini?

It’s 0%. Here is my app.ini setting.

[Force Feedback]
allowXBoxOneOnWindows10=1               	; Set to 1 to talk to xbox one game pads on windows 10, warning the driver is buggy
alwaysRestartFX=0                       	; Always restart force when updating it, set to true if wheel goes limp after a while
calibUsingRawData=0                     	; Use raw joystick position over windows calibration data when detecting new joysticks
centerSpringPct=-1                      	; Percent (0-100) of static centering spring force to apply, -1 is off.  Not reccomended for use.
damperMode=0                            	; Set damper effect type 0 = Damper 1 = Inertia 2 = Friction
damperSaturation=10000                  	; Set damper saturation from 0 to 10000
dampingSliderSetsFriction=1             	; True if damping slider adjust friction effect, false to adjust wheels built in damping effect
debounceSeq_Ms=80                       	; Add delay in Milliseconds to sequential shifter to reduce double shifts
disableAutoCenter=1                     	; Turn auto center off on all force feedback devices
displayLinearInNm=1                     	; Display the force level in peak Nm when using the linear mode
enableFanatecWheelDisplay=0             	; Enable the use of Fanatec wheel displays
enableG27WheelDisplay=0                 	; Enable use of shift indicators on the G27 and clones
enableHotPlug=1                         	; Set to 0 to turn off usb hot plugging in case you have usb disconnect issues
enableWheelDisplay=1                    	; Enable the use of steering wheel displays
enableWheelDisplayBlink=1               	; Enable the display lights to blink when at the rev limit
FFBAlwaysReset=0                        	; Reset the force feedback every time you enter your car, may help with some wheels.
FFBUseSimpleMinForce=0                  	; 0 - Use smoothed min force, 1 - use old sharp min force
forceNoiseSuppression=0                 	; Remove noisy joystick axis, even if they are calibrated by hand
forceResetBeforeStartup=0               	; Force a reset of the whole FFB system every time we create or destroy a FFB effect
initialMoveThreshold=30                 	; Minimal amount of motion needed to detect initial movement of a joystick when calibr
initOnlyNewDevices=1                    	; Set to 0 to force all devices to reinitialize when a device change is detected
invertFFBForce=0                        	; Reverse the force feedback effects, if your wheel is spinning the wrong way
joyEnableVibrateAllXInputWithPedal=0    	; Vibrate all XInput devies when pedals vibrate, or just the one used to steer
joyEnableVibratePedal=1                 	; Enable physics based vibrations in some pedals
joyEnableVibratePedalBinary=0           	; Use a digital on/off mode when vibrating pedals, default is to continuously change v
joyEnableVibrateThrottleWithPedal=1     	; Enables throttle vibration when brake pedals vibrate
joyEnableVibrateWheelWithPedal=1        	; Enables wheel vibration when pedals vibrate
joyVibratePedalMaxPct=90                	; Maximum threshold of lockup when pedal vibrates at 100%.
joyVibratePedalMinPct=10                	; Minimum threshold of lockup before pedal starts to vibrate.
reinitFanatecWheelDisplay=0             	; reinitialize the fanatec wheel display when reconnecting devices this may cause issues
resetWhenFFBLost=1                      	; Attempt to reset device when force feedback interrupted by SteamVR or another application, may cause a momentary loss in steering
seperateXBox360Triggers=1               	; Set to 1 to seperate the XBox 360 joystick triggers into there own axes
steerAverageSteeringTorque=0            	; True averages 360 Hz data down to 60 Hz, false uses last sample
steeringBumpStop_Deg=100.000000         	; degrees into bump stop before max force
steeringDampingFactor=0.000000          	; Damping factor adjust down if damping becomes unstable, defautlt to 0.05
steeringDampingMaxPercent=0.000000      	; Maximum amount of damping to apply, adjust this to set damping level, values between 0.05 and 0.2 are best, overriden by damping slider
steeringDampingParkedMaxPercent=0.200000	; Maximum amount of damping to apply when parked, adjust this to reduce wheel oscilation when parked, values between 0.05 and 0.30 are best
steeringFFBSmooth=1.000000              	; Percent of current FFB force to use vs average force, 1.0 = no average 0.001 = max average
steeringForceParkedPct=0.500000         	; Reduce FFB force by percent when parked, to help reduce oscilations
trueForceEnabled=1                      	; Enable TrueForce API in Logitech TrueForce wheels
trueForceVibeEnable=1                   	; Enable vibrations in Logitech TrueForce wheels
trueForceVibeGain_dB=10.000000          	; Adjust volume of true force vibration effects
trueForceVibePhysics=0                  	; 1 - use physics to generate vibrations, 0 - use game audio with Logitech TrueForce wheels

had the same problem. This worked for me. Thx