Simucube resetting after big crash or spike in torque

Hi, i have an issue where my wheel resets after a big collision or a big spike in torque. once this happens the loose complete control of the wheel in the game and i have to reset the e stop, enable high torque mode and start the game again.

Anyone know how i can disable this? ive tried lowering the torque settings but then the game feels weak.

Which Simucube 2 model do you have? And which version of the True Drive software?

Mika, not to hijack the thread from @JonSton but I did have a similar thing happen to me yesterday. I didn’t think much of it until seeing this thread.

I was hit from behind quite hard by the AI in rF2 and after coming to a stop and then moving off again, I noticed that the FFB strength had been greatly reduced. I did still have full control of the wheel though.

I thought it was maybe some kind of safety feature that automatically disabled high torque mode so I alt/tabbed to look at TD settings and noticed that high torque mode was still in fact enabled even though the strength was pretty much down to zero.

I then disabled and then re enabled high torque mode and everything came back to normal.

Just wanted to chime in, in case the information may be of help.

I’m running a Simucube Pro, tried it at 70,80,90 and 100 percent torque.

This is really strange and has not happened in our testing. Do you have both power supplies connected and powered?

Indeed i am sorry Mika, looks like the power pack mounted on my motion platform had fallen down and one of the power cables had disconnected from the power pack.

Plugged it back in purposely crashed and ran into barriers and bumps and almost broke my arm :slight_smile:

Thanks

1 Like

I had exactly this issue of not plugging in one of the 2 the power supplies properly. Is there any way to measure this from the TD software and give a warning in TD?
Would it be bad for the single power supply if the power cuts out after to much torque is requested?

Unfortunately, there is no way for the device to detect if there are one or two power supplies connected.

Ah okay thanks for the quick reply Mika.

Hi - I gave just taken delivery of my SCSport and same thing happens to me and I am using the latest firmware ie v1.0.13. I have noted that the original thread was resolved as one of the power packs became disconnected however this does not solve for the SC sport which only has one power brick.I hope granite devices can shed some light on this as it’s is inconvenient - Otherwise could not be any happier with the SC.

This was happening to me, and It turned out that the torque was pulling on the USB cable on the PC end. I wonder if there is a safe method of securing the cable to the frame to prevent torque on the USB cable at the pc end.

I use this product called zapgoo on all my usb connections. its strong enough to hold, but easy enough to remove. its very good.

https://www.zapglue.com/specialty-glues

Hi all.

After using my simucube 2 pro for a couple of weeks now I really enjoy it a lot. However I discovered a problem which occured a couple of times now the last few weeks and this thread seems the correct one to post it in.

My problem is that when I hit some big kerbs (or other hard kerbs or a crash) my simucube shut itself completely down and restart itself. The race is ruined at that moment and when it is restarted I need to close the game and restart that as well in order to let the wheel work with the game again.

Both power bricks are connected and the USB as well. On certain tracks I need to lower the force a lot (which feels weak) to avoid this restarting happen when I hit some certain kerbs.

Can someone help me solve this restarting problem? Maybe I miss something? Or is there something wrong with my new SC2pro?

Perhaps @Mika or someone else can help me out with this one :wink:

Many thanks in advance!

It sounds a lot like one of the power supplies may not be delivering full power…

Were you able to figure this out?

I started getting this same issue about 2 weeks ago and now it is occurring constantly! I cannot complete 1-2 laps in Assetto Corsa without the Simucube 2 pro restarting itself.

Dear bsohn,

Thank you for your suggestion. I measured both power supplies on all connectors. The first power supply gives 48,7 volt. The second one 48,2 volt. They supposed to be 48 volt, so I guess they are fine.

The only other option I can think off is lower the max torque in True Drive, but this is not the real solution as I think it should be able to do 100%. (I use rfactor2 and than tweak the ffb multiplier to about 0.4, including some demping setting it maybe uses about 30% of its capacity?)

The real question is still: Why does it restart when hitting a hard kerb or hard crash/high FFB peak (not always happening off course)

Please post screenshots of all your settings in True Drive tabs…

It would seem that your PSUs are not well enough matched, and thus we will probably replace one of them to a more closely matched unit. Please write us a support ticket to proceed.

Dear Phillip.

These are my setting and love them in combination with the rev3 file for rf2.

Dear Mika,

Do you mean that a few volts in difference can cause this?
I will write a support ticket, thanks in advance.