I have a question in the final release will this be a full install software with an option for a to start up on its own upon boot up of the computer or will this be like it’s already set up?
I do not want an installer.
Just drag a shortcut to the “Autostart” in the Start menu if you want it to autostart.
Agreed. I like how all the files Simucube needs are in it’s own compressed folder. Easy to manage and keep track of updates.
the program doesn’t need to start the wheel always works. you only start the configuration tool when you want to change settings on your wheel.
Ok, well first of all, this was asked as a general question to Mika and the development team, not something I was requesting to be implemented. I personally don’t care which way it installs I am just happy with the function ability the software has. I think that would be up to the development team to decide which way it should be set up for install. As far as the question of what people would like to have it as a installer is something that the development team would decide if a poll is required to determine what the majority would like to have. I completely understand how the software works, I do not need it explained to me, and I know how to create a start up program. I was just curious of what the development team was thinking.
Our thinking is that it is not worth the effort to try to integrate flashing of the bootloader in to the installer, but there might be some time spent on live update notifications and installer download for just the firmware and the Configuration Tool package.
Thank you Mika, I appreciate the response.
Version 0.10.0 has been released.
- Automatic setup of commutation sensors for all serial data encoders (BiSS B, C, SSI etc…) will show up in the Motor Configuration Wizard
- The separate dialog to do this has been removed.
- If user sets up commutation sensors or they are previously set, a new indexing mode “Automatic Commutation” will be selected, and wheel will always be at correct position at startup with no phasing needed.
- This new mode will overwrite whatever the user selected as the indexing mode in the wizard.
- Changed package format for the status packets from/to the Configuration Tool
- Previous Configuration Tool versions will not work at all with this firmware version.
- This allows for some future expansions
- User can select to use or to not use the USB stack reset functionality.
- User can select to use or to not use the USB suspend functionality.
- These are to get some data on whether the recent problems some users have had, are due to these features or due to changes in the Spring 2018 Windows 10 feature update.
- There are debug events, visible in debug event log, for these now.
- Dropdown for DRC file selection as well as hard-coded filenames for profile export/import has been replaced with a file selection dialog.
- Configuration Tool language can now be selected manually via a dropdown menu on the Advanced -tab.
- IONI firmware update to 10707, fixes overvoltage fault issue with some motors.
- DRC File uploading has been fixed.
- This version will form the basis of the upcoming opensource repository.
New version information
- Note, that downgrading from this release to a 0.9 series release will cause you to lose all hardware- and profile settings data in SimuCUBE, and the wizards etc. will have to run again. Settings stored in IONI drive are not affected.
Thanx Mika, appreciate the update!
The 60hz “cogs” are more noticable with the same recon filter as before.
Strange or placebo, as this release has no FFB-related changes at all.
I’m coming from 0.9.8.
I have an issue after installing 0.10.0
after finishing calibration wizard, wheel is centered perfectly (0 degrees), but after i restart the motor, degrees of rotation when centered are 360 and not 0 as it should.
I will set up a bug report thread soon. What type of encoder and CPR do you have?
22-bit Biss-C encoder, 4.2 mil cpr resolution
Have you done the commutation sensor setup? Have you tried to redo the wizard but without touching the commutation sensor setup buttons?
i tried the wizard doing the commutation setup (that gives me the center degrees issue) and also tried the wizard using the other option than the auto commutation (don’t remember how it’s called) when i did this i got a series of another issues that i fixed by reinstalling in the granite software the drc biss c file got from simracingbay website.
Not really enough information to try to repeat the issue… Lets see if there are multiple similar reports, and lets also use the bug reporting thread that we will set up soon.
Bug reporting thread for 0.10.x is here: