SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

Now its 26.28nm, ML was 7.06 after measure it was 8.79nH thats a big jump normally it goes up by 0.x. Winding resistance was 2.3ish after meassure it was 2.6 which which gave 30nm before Meassure. Max_torque_output = torque_constant * (32.2 / winding_resistance)

So @Mika would the coil inductance being low influence the speed of the wheel?

https://granitedevices.com/wiki/List_of_motors_for_SimuCUBE
Max torque from the above is 26.24 so look s like it is max torque
If I set mmc to 9.88 closest you can get to 9.9a from the sheet then I get 20.76nm

Good call Ceolmor I recommend everybody remeasures their coil Inductance. Before measuring I tried the m3 at the drift track which was the last thing I was driving before .82 was on .71, It was almost impossible to drift the return was way too fast. After measuring it was like it was previously.

Please, I am ready for it! :grinning:

Mika please send me the link to the new beta.:slight_smile:

I would also like to test the new update. :slight_smile:

Now, I also wanna try.
So, please hit me with a link Mika !-)

Hi, i wanna give it a try too, i wait for the link, thanks.

The open Beta were release during my holiday ā€¦ yesterday i was able to upgrade.

Massive Thanks to the whole GD Team! The new Software is simple Awesome and so easy to install.

I would like to test the newest version too :wink:

Kind Regards!

With .82 the wheel no longer bounces off the hard stops!! :slight_smile:

Things seem to be so hyped, that I will make a public release in an hour or so.

3 Likes

and its out. Time for :beer:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing latest beta :star_struck:
Not sure if shoud be like that but I got est torque missing.

New Bitmap Image

You must input it manually in the motor configuration wizard. However, there is a bug somewhere and it wonā€™t show correct value.

1 Like

You need to add the torque constant in the configure motor encoder wizard.
You Get the value here

https://granitedevices.com/wiki/List_of_motors_for_SimuCUBE

1 Like

Hi Mika,
Thanx. Just got back from Kirkkonummi. Tough week. Glad Iā€™m back in Oz though.

Will do some testing.

PS: What formula are you using for the Torque Estimate? Are you sure you are using A RMS as opposed to A POS? (/1.4142) Sure you do, just checking. Plus we need to bear in mind ~92% efficiency in the MOSFET stage.

Cheers,
Beano

Max_torque_output = torque_constant * (32.2 / winding_resistance) [Nm]

Yeah, that should be ok.

Maybe I am imagining things (placebo) but I think it feels even better? Its crazy direct, really defined. I am loving it!

Lenze, Actual max. Current 22.2A, Estimated max torque 29.76Nm

1 Like

Perhaps something goes wrong when I scale that with the amperage percentageā€¦ :thinking: